Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a day! I'm a huge Cubs fan and woke up this morning to the news that Ron Santo is no longer the greatest player not in the Baseball Hall. Now I get to go to bed knowing that Guns will get in. A hearty congrats to the original 5 for laying the groundwork for a tremendous catalog, and to every other member to follow for carrying on the name in a manner befitting the GNR name.

I'd love a mix-up performance. Have the original band play a few old cuts, then bring on the new guys for Shacklers and Maddy. Bring it down with Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Tommy, Dj, Richard, Ron, Dizzy, Steven, and Frank all jammin' PC. Would be a hell of a ceremony.

Live?!$@! Like a Suicide dropped December 1986. UZI Suicide was actually a Geffen subsidiary, so it counts for this as I understand it. HoF inductions are all smoke n mirrors anyway. Just go with it.

Also, you know who will see the most money from this? The band. Record sales, past and present, will go through the roof this year with a hall induction.

Edited by axlslash

I really hope the Chili Peppers get in this year, too.

I like the Peppers a lot, but can't help but laugh if they get left out. I remember that interview with Anthony where he talked about GN'R catching their big break before RHCP did. Anthony was sort of dumbfounded by it. Maybe the big breaks in their musical careers will mirror their induction timeline. Guns hit it big first and might get in to the Hall first. But "patience" is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait. RHCP will definitely get in at some point.

Yeah I will be upset if RHCP doesn't get in. I don't agree with RHCP's big break being before Appetite for Destruction. I think their true break out was Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Maigk

Edit: The Uplift Mofo Party Plan was released 3 months after AFD. Their first album sucked and Freaky Styley was not that big of a hit. Not sure what the fuck that guy is talking about.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Yeah I will be upset if RHCP doesn't get in. I don't agree with RHCP's big break being before Appetite for Destruction. I think their true break out was Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Maigk

Edit: The Uplift Mofo Party Plan was released 3 months after AFD. Their first album sucked and Freaky Styley was not that big of a hit. Not sure what the fuck that guy is talking about.

What do you mean? Anthony was just saying he was jealous of Guns' success at the time. They were all toiling in the underground scene of Los Angeles at the same time.