Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

Ok I don't know how to explain this anymore....Guns N' Roses (you know the band that just finished a tour) are being inducted. Axl will be there so will Guns N' Roses.

Obviously the alumni will take the stage one by one with Guns N' Roses.

I'm holding you to it Volcano lol.

Fair enough :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i've said before - have Loaded, Slash/Myles and the current Guns go out on a world tour with Guns the Headliner and Loaded the 1st opener and Slash/Myles @ the 2nd act

No. Do it right or not at all.

too many unresolved issues - i.e. musical direction and show time start for a full on reunion

at least my way - they can all do their own thing and maybe during the Guns set, Duff and or Slash can join them @ certain parts

Slash and Duff aren't the type to keep the folks waiting till the 11pm hour to start - they usually come off stage around that time

and slash and duff are much more into smaller stages, smaller production, stripped down rock and roll - wheras axl like's huge stages, pyro shit, and all the added production that took CD 14 years to see the light of day

I hear what your saying but nothing's changed in terms of some the differences that caused some of the bad feelings that caused original members to leave - but it's highly doubtful any of the above will happen anyway :rofl-lol:

like i've said before - have Loaded, Slash/Myles and the current Guns go out on a world tour with Guns the Headliner and Loaded the 1st opener and Slash/Myles @ the 2nd act

No. Do it right or not at all.

too many unresolved issues - i.e. musical direction and show time start for a full on reunion

at least my way - they can all do their own thing and maybe during the Guns set, Duff and or Slash can join them @ certain parts

God, I hope not. They should never, ever appear on stage together. Doing so, even briefly, could jeopardize all that Axl has worked so hard to build. Especially not now, on the eve of the release of Chinese Democracy II, so to speak.

All I know is this. IF Axl joined forces with the original band on stage for a few songs the new band is in trouble because everyone's going to want a full on reunion. If Axl thinks it's rough now, just wait.

People wanted that with Pink Floyd, too, but Dave and Roger still toured separately and got together for a couple of things. What it did do was help both Roger and David with their solo tours. They could've made tons of cash off a reunion tour, and people wanted it to happen. Dave kept his word and showed up at Roger's show and the crowd went nuts. It was a great moment.

People can want the reunion all they want - it's up to Axl whether or not he feels it's time for one, and then whether or not they'd all want to take part in it, and justify the reasons for doing it above and beyond money.

The current lineup wouldn't be in jeopardy. He worked too hard at putting it together and gone through too much to just put it aside like that. The band's well-oiled, can just announce a tour tomorrow and wouldn't need to do much.

Axl and Slash aren't going to tell us whether or not they've talked to each other when it's better to just let people guess.

Um... I don't know if this has been posted or talked about on this forum yet (and its 03:10 AM here so I can't be arsed checking) but I found this on youtube today; "Bumblefoot talks about The RnR HOF".

It's hilarious at the end when he talks about Justin Bieber and what happens to Spammers. XD

Edited by KiraMPD

Um... I don't know if this has been posted or talked about on this forum yet (and its 03:10 AM here so I can't be arsed checking) but I found this on youtube today; "Bumblefoot talks about The RnR HOF".

It's hilarious at the end when he talks about Justin Bieber and what happens to Spammers. XD

Heh, this is part of that livestream he did a few weeks back where he talked about his accident, some of his family problems, and played Don't Cry before abruptly signing off. I remember asking him how all the guitarists were getting along and he answered great. Figures that the HOF part would make it onto YouTube, but at the time that was the least interesting part.

Edited by Verruckt

Heh, this is part of that livestream he did a few weeks back where he talked about his accident, some of his family problems, and played Don't Cry before abruptly signing off. I remember asking him how all the guitarists were getting along and he answered great. Figures that the HOF part would make it onto YouTube, but at the time that was the least interesting part.

I just wasted 3 minutes of my life listening to that.. The more I learn about this guy the more I think he is a fucking tool.. What exactly does he have to worry about when the Hall Of Fame comes around anyway? It has nothing to fucking do with him.

LOL thanks. Didn't see/listen to the livestream so I wouldn't really know so I decided to post it here as it seemed relevant.

I just wasted 3 minutes of my life listening to that.. The more I learn about this guy the more I think he is a fucking tool.. What exactly does he have to worry about when the Hall Of Fame comes around anyway? It has nothing to fucking do with him.

10 bucks says if you ever met the guy you would be totally up his ass.

Did anybody else notice how he diplomatically expressed his feelings about Steven without actually saying anything about him ;)

"I met Izzy, he's a fun guy. Duff, he's a cool guy. Met Steven Adler <long sigh>... yup."

CoolFace.png

Did anybody else notice how he diplomatically expressed his feelings about Steven without actually saying anything about him ;)

"I met Izzy, he's a fun guy. Duff, he's a cool guy. Met Steven Adler <long sigh>... yup."

Yup :rofl-lol:

He's just your typical New Yorker wiseass. Just tell him he's a traitor for moving to NJ.

People are going to ask him his opinion on the HOF. He has his opinion as a hard rock/metal fan, a musician with influences that have never been inducted, as well as being a part of a band inducted into the Rock Hall. Some people consider accolades from your influences to be a bigger deal, and I'd have to agree that hearing compliments on your ability by someone you looked up to would be way higher. If you work for a company and interacted with the CEO, and he had a scandal, people would be asking you questions about it.

Ok I don't know how to explain this anymore....Guns N' Roses (you know the band that just finished a tour) are being inducted. Axl will be there so will Guns N' Roses.

Obviously the alumni will take the stage one by one with Guns N' Roses.

I'm holding you to it Volcano lol.

Fair enough :thumbsup:

Yeah it'll be a nice gesture for the new members to support the original members from the seats. There are only 5 people that should be inducted as GNR - Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. End of story.