BREAKING NEWS: The band members getting in the Hall of Fame

SONOFABITCH

I got this via email. This is from the Director of Communications at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. The members of GNR getting in the Hall of Fame are:

Hi,

Here you are. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Guns N Roses

Axl Rose

Slash

Izzy Stradlin

Duff McKagan

Steven Adler

Matt Sorum

Dizzy Reed

/SOB

Edited by SONOFABITCH

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was predictable! Feel bad for Gilby tho...

Me too actually, Gilby deserves a place up there.

Come on. Gilby never contributed to writing one Guns N Roses song. The only album he played on was Spaghetti Incident. You really think he belongs because he toured with them in 1991-1992?

This is about right.

I like Gilby, but no. He was just a fill in guy. Don't really consider him a real member, more of an 'honorary' member.

Not to say he isn't talented, and a big part of the legacy, but not a big enough part that he needs to go down in the HOF with the others, but I do hope they thank him in their speech.

I will never understand why Matt gets in and the other "hired guns/additional musicians" do not.

I'm a fan of all of them so I don't think it's fair that some "non-originals" get in and some don't. Dizzy I understand because he wasn't brought in to replace anybody and he's been there 20 years now. Tommy was hired just like Matt, has appeared on GN'R albums, has writing credits unlike Matt, has been there for 14 years while Matt was there for...5? 6? and he's not getting in.

I have no problem with Matt's playing or anything, but he's VERY lucky. He played Steven's parts for UYI and was a touring drummer. I'm not trying to insult him, just saying I don't exactly consider that Hall of Fame-worthy.

Example: I highly doubt Dave Navarro will be inducted with RHCP, he's hardly my favorite member of that band, yet he had a hand in writing an album that sold considerably well and had a few hit singles, and toured behind it. I'm not sure where Matt gets in and someone like Dave Navarro does not.

That was predictable! Feel bad for Gilby tho...

Me too actually, Gilby deserves a place up there.

Come on. Gilby never contributed to writing one Guns N Roses song. The only album he played on was Spaghetti Incident. You really think he belongs because he toured with them in 1991-1992?

Matt never contributed to writing one GN'R song. He played on UYI (the parts someone else wrote or what he was told to play) and toured with them for three years.

Frank Ferrar played on a GN'R album and has more or less completed three world tours with GN'R over the last 5+ years. He's not getting in. Same with BBF.

No disrespect to anybody. All I'm asking for is consistency!

Edited by MarlaHooch

I will never understand why Matt gets in and the other "hired guns/additional musicians" do not.

I'm a fan of all of them so I don't think it's fair that some "non-originals" get in and some don't. Dizzy I understand because he wasn't brought in to replace anybody and he's been there 20 years now. Tommy was hired just like Matt, has appeared on GN'R albums, has writing credits unlike Matt, has been there for 14 years while Matt was there for...5? 6? and he's not getting in.

I have no problem with Matt's playing or anything, but he's VERY lucky. He played Steven's parts for UYI and was a touring drummer. I'm not trying to insult him, just saying I don't exactly consider that Hall of Fame-worthy.

Example: I highly doubt Dave Navarro will be inducted with RHCP, he's hardly my favorite member of that band, yet he had a hand in writing an album that sold considerably well and had a few hit singles, and toured behind it. I'm not sure where Matt gets in and someone like Dave Navarro does not.

It's because the hall of fame is a joke. It doesn't mean anything. Which is why Axl definitely won't show, and I doubt Izzy will either. I'm not for anyone but the original 5 getting in, so I'm not saying this because the new band isn't included. It's just a fact that the hof is a joke.

I think the reason why Matt is getting in and not Tommy is because Matt did help re-arrage and perform drum parts on the Illusions as well as embark on the respective world tour - all of which took place while GNR was looked at as a huge powerhouse band and were at the height of their popularity. The Illusions featured Matt's performances that are continually played on the radio (NR, KOHD, etc.). Tommy? He came in after that was already said and done as GNR was considered by the public to be either over and done with or just not the band they once were. He has the longevity part down but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter

It's rather cut and dry, those who were in the band at the peak of GNR's success with the release of their first four albums (Appetite 18XPlat, Lies 5XPlat, and Illusions 7XPlat) all are getting in. It has nothing to do with touring, it has to do with the recording of music. If it had to do with concert performances, Kiss would have been inducted long ago!