BREAKING NEWS: The band members getting in the Hall of Fame

SONOFABITCH

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt never contributed to writing one GN'R song. He played on UYI (the parts someone else wrote or what he was told to play) and toured with them for three years.

Frank Ferrar played on a GN'R album and has more or less completed three world tours with GN'R over the last 5+ years. He's not getting in. Same with BBF.

No disrespect to anybody. All I'm asking for is consistency!

I didn't know that. Proof and source for this please. :thumbsup:

These guys are the right choices. It is no disrespect to the current guys who are out there doing a great job. But Its like Axl says, he had to rebuild, the band that crumbled in the early/mid 90's are the band that hit the peak that are getting the recognition.

If the Chinese Democracy era that started in the late 90's was a blank slate the current members will get their recognition in a similar award in the future but so far they have a lot more great albums to make before being RRHOF worthy.

Im pretty sure that the current guys would feel a bit awkward if they were being inducted.

I will never understand why Matt gets in and the other "hired guns/additional musicians" do not.

I'm a fan of all of them so I don't think it's fair that some "non-originals" get in and some don't. Dizzy I understand because he wasn't brought in to replace anybody and he's been there 20 years now. Tommy was hired just like Matt, has appeared on GN'R albums, has writing credits unlike Matt, has been there for 14 years while Matt was there for...5? 6? and he's not getting in.

I have no problem with Matt's playing or anything, but he's VERY lucky. He played Steven's parts for UYI and was a touring drummer. I'm not trying to insult him, just saying I don't exactly consider that Hall of Fame-worthy.

Example: I highly doubt Dave Navarro will be inducted with RHCP, he's hardly my favorite member of that band, yet he had a hand in writing an album that sold considerably well and had a few hit singles, and toured behind it. I'm not sure where Matt gets in and someone like Dave Navarro does not.

That was predictable! Feel bad for Gilby tho...

Me too actually, Gilby deserves a place up there.

Come on. Gilby never contributed to writing one Guns N Roses song. The only album he played on was Spaghetti Incident. You really think he belongs because he toured with them in 1991-1992?

Matt never contributed to writing one GN'R song. He played on UYI (the parts someone else wrote or what he was told to play) and toured with them for three years.

Frank Ferrar played on a GN'R album and has more or less completed three world tours with GN'R over the last 5+ years. He's not getting in. Same with BBF.

No disrespect to anybody. All I'm asking for is consistency!

Speaking of the RHCP's, have they announced anything about who will be getting in? Frusciante I would assume, but will he show up? Is Klinghoffer getting in?

RHCP - Hillel & John are going to be in. Jack Irons & Cliff Martinez is really debatable, so is Dave Navarro, but Janes will be up next year.

Matt never wrote any music for GN'R.

Chris, Bucket, Brain and Tommy all should be inducted.

I am happy that the old band are being inducted but these guys should be as well.

They really shouldn't..... I think Dizzy is a stretch.. Didn't Axl play most of the piano parts on the album and then Dizzy played them live? I could do without Matt getting in there too but he did play on the UYI's albums.. As for Chris, Bucket, Brain and Tommy.. be realistic, Chinese Democracy has zero to do with the induction.

I could see Axl taking this as a cheap shot toward the new band.

The RNRHOF Is not even accepting the fact that GNR still exist only different personal than the orginal.

Axl has always wanted the new band in any incarnation to be accepted as GNR.

But I could be wrong alot could happen from Axl or other members not showing all the way up to both new and old band all showing up.

Or it could be the start of a reunion, can't beleive I said that because I have never been very vocal about it because the chances are slim and I will take GNR anyway I can get it.

We will all see soon enough!!!

I'm a massive fan of the new band but the list is absolutely correct in my opinion. You have to accept that the band in that form elevated Guns N' Roses to greatness and worldwide popularity.

I still don't see Axl showing for this (unless someone like Elton John or Brian May are inducting them), even if he does there is no chance of a reunion...they have all travelled too far down different roads now.

Jesus some of you people are fucking stupid.

Chinese Democracy is not what got them into the Hall of Fame. So whoever played on it, no matter how fucking many poorly received tours there were, is not being considered.

Bands are only eligible 25 years after the release of their first record, which is why GNR is being inducted this year (Appetite came out in 1987).

The body of work being considered is everything from 1987-1994; not the band of touring musicians who have come in and out of Axl's version of the band that produced 13 poorly received songs in 13 years.

During 1987-1994, there were two drummers. Adler played on about 19 songs, Sorum played on about 45 (UYI + Spaghetti Incident+ Sympathy for the Devil). Dizzy played on UYI and Spaghetti Incident and Sympathy for the Devil .

Gilby Clarke played on one album plus Sympathy for the Devil.

To summarize, Gilby recorded no new music. He basically filled in and recorded 13 cover songs. Do people now understand why he isn't being inducted?

As for Matt versus Adler, both guys were pretty important to the band in the big years so both were accepted. I'm on the fence on Dizzy but 45 songs or so during the golden years is good enough in my mind.

I'm a massive fan of the new band but the list is absolutely correct in my opinion. You have to accept that the band in that form elevated Guns N' Roses to greatness and worldwide popularity.

I still don't see Axl showing for this (unless someone like Elton John or Brian May are inducting them), even if he does there is no chance of a reunion...they have all travelled too far down different roads now.

Axl's not going to let anyone know until the last possible moment.

I am happy that the old band are being inducted but these guys should be as well.

They really shouldn't..... I think Dizzy is a stretch.. Didn't Axl play most of the piano parts on the album and then Dizzy played them live? I could do without Matt getting in there too but he did play on the UYI's albums.. As for Chris, Bucket, Brain and Tommy.. be realistic, Chinese Democracy has zero to do with the induction.

Last I checked Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album.

Last I checked Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album.

Are you an idiot?

As much as I love Chinese Democracy and NuGuns more than real Guns

:crazy: :crazy:

I'm...tired of that argument.

I like Nine Inch Nails, Primus, and Buckethead.

Hence...

I like NuGuns more than Guns n' Roses.

If you can't get past the name, pretend that the band is called Chinese Democracy.

I like Chinese Democracy more than Guns n' Roses. I also like NIN more than Guns n' Roses.

Wow. So incredible.

Yes...

Unless he really wants to reunite the old band ( which would be the best thing to do if he doesn't want to record new music ), playing with them would be a very stupid thing to do.

It would indeed ruin whatever little credibility the current band has managed to gather during the last three years.