Axl FINALLY has the right managemnt

CoolRanchDressing

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think the ultimatum was more about a sincere agenda to progress new GN’R into fruition of ideas rather than coerce Axl into a complete Lebeis takeover.

Fuck the label...cant the band just pay them off instead of releasing another album with them?

I think Axl, for whatever reasons, wants label release.

However I think unquestionably with an online release GN’R are more than capable of adequately promoting the effort.

that's exactly why beta should do it.

Axl wants a label release. Yes, Mr. Azoff held the ulterior agenda of a reunion; perhaps McGhee and Katsis were also guilty of the same treason.

But with Beta at the helm, I find it very difficult to believe label release is a possibility.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this the right management? They are amateurs. I'd rather have a real manager for Axl & co, not his housekeeper.

I bet the "housekeper" can kick your fuckin' ass if you ever called her that to her face in real life.

I don't think so, but how is that relevant? Hiring your own housekeeper as a manager is about as Spinal Tap as humanly possible.

Seriously? You must just be trying to get a rise out of people, because no one can possibly be this stupid. Please tell us exactly what you were doing in 1992, and how that is relevant to what you are doing today. I can't wait to hear it.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

^No doubt there would be a gap, but don't kid yourself that the label wouldn't take a professional manager's word worth a grain of salt either.

The label will be aware of Beta’s history as Axl’s wife’s house keeper, & more recently Axl’s personal assistant and mother. Hopefully the music speaks for itself.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

It’s literally like Ron or Richard or Frank’s mother (under the assumption all 3 are alive) going into a boardroom to pitch the case for a new GN’R album.

Beta might be immeasurably credible to Axl; but there’s no certainty the label will think the same. She could allow her emotional attachment to the project compromise her “capability” as a negotiator.

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

before we make these kinds of assumptions

^No doubt there would be a gap, but don't kid yourself that the label wouldn't take a professional manager's word worth a grain of salt either.

The label will be aware of Beta’s history as Axl’s wife’s house keeper, & more recently Axl’s personal assistant and mother. Hopefully the music speaks for itself.

If they know her reputation, then they hopefully know she's not to be fucked with. Finally, someone who's not going to sell Axl out.

If one of the biggest issues that Axl has is trusting people then thats the crux of the decision. If he just wants to get back to the creative head space where the music flows freely, then he can't be worrying if his manager is scheming behind his back. Whether its to have the band play smaller venues, cut down on the cost of production, make back door deals with the labels or distributors etc. etc. But most importantly he has to be positive that the manager has not only his best interests at hand, but the interests of Guns N' Roses as it stands now. I would say 90 percent of the managers out there would take the gig thinking that down the road they could convince Axl that the smart money is the reunion. He has had to constantly struggle and fight against that, probably derailing plans regarding recording/promoting/touring with this line up. As far as Beta is concerned, regardless of her managerial experience level (which none of us are sure of). You can't say she doesn't truly have Axl's best interests at heart, and she knows more then anyone what he envisions for Guns N' Roses. She will have his back when others have put up roadblocks because it didn't jive with their ideas. Give Beta a fair shake, if she needs help or feels overwhelmed I'm sure it will be made readily available to her. The only downside I can see is the downside about working with "family". Let's just hope that there isn't a breakdown, because I'm not sure what Axl would do without her.

Personally I think it's terrible. I think one of the things that has caused Axl's self destruction is the fact that he refuses to be held accountable for anything.

Now he is putting his yes men, who have no experience in the industry, as his managers. Whoopee.

I don't appreciate them. I think they are sycophants.

Personally, I think this is a really good move. All the other managers are just concerned with the bottom line. Everybody knows that Axl can make more money by doing a reunion tour, or starting shows earlier, but that's not what he wants. And Beta knows this, and respects this, so Axl won't have to fight management there, and I think that's huge. Also, people (writers and media folk) won't have to go through management, and then Beta, to get to Axl anymore. There will be a more direct line of communication. I guess it's just a matter of hammering something out with the record company now.

Edited by ITW 2012

I would just like to point out that anytime Axl has not had an actual manager or some time of leadership we have seen very little product or activity. Now that Beta is the manager we should kiss hearing new music any time soon goodbye. I have no faith whatsoever that being Axl's housekeeper and replacement mother for the last 20 years in any way qualifies her to book a tour, negotiate penalties for late starts, go over contracts, negotiate a royalty rate OR an album release, keep communications in tact within the band, and organize everything it takes to put a band on the road and keep them there (trucks, equipment, venue owners, staff, etc) .

Pressure from outside forces like record labels and managers is the only way to make Axl do anything at all. Chinese Democracy would never have been released if there had been no one breathing down Axl's neck. Beta becoming the manager is one of the worst things that has ever happened to this band if you want to hear new music.

I would just like to point out that anytime Axl has not had an actual manager or some time of leadership we have seen very little product or activity. Now that Beta is the manager we should kiss hearing new music any time soon goodbye. I have no faith whatsoever that being Axl's housekeeper and replacement mother for the last 20 years in any way qualifies her to book a tour, negotiate penalties for late starts, go over contracts, negotiate a royalty rate OR an album release, keep communications in tact within the band, and organize everything it takes to put a band on the road and keep them there (trucks, equipment, venue owners, staff, etc) .

From reading your post you obviously have no idea what they do or have done for this band.

They are the number one reason there is a band and that they are communicating with the fans to this point. How is that a bad thing?

Pressure from outside forces like record labels and managers is the only way to make Axl do anything at all. Chinese Democracy would never have been released if there had been no one breathing down Axl's neck. Beta becoming the manager is one of the worst things that has ever happened to this band if you want to hear new music.

I believe the opposite. Those outside forces got in the way of things.

Goldstein: got him onstage again after 8 years off.

Azoff: GOT THE ALBUM IN STORES after 11 years.

New Guy: Made sure the first US tour in 5 years didn't end because of a mood swing or a monitor problem halfway through the tour.

as opposed to:

Axl on his own: does whatever Axl feels like.

Beta: see 'Axl on his own'