Slash using Axl Vocal Backing in Live Shows?

kbirdie76

I love how Axl gets shit for continuing Guns N' Roses with new members but people are more accepting of Slash having a singer who sings GN'R song.

Big difference. Axl and Slash both have the right to play GNR songs. But Slash isn't representing himself and his cover band as "Guns N' Roses". Axl is.

AXL PURCHASED THE NAME OF THE BAND FROM SLASH...HOW CAN U SERIOUSLY ARGUE THAT?!?!

Oh wait...u can't.

Not saying he didn't. But you can't argue, from what we've gathered so far, it wasn't as cut and dry as you're making it out to be.

Just explaining why Axl gets shit for it, and Slash doesn't.

Also that Slash is the good guy. He is an angel.

Nope, that would be you putting words in my mouth. :shrugs:

I was not doing that.

Anyway Axl doesnt deserve shit because he never left GN'R but Slash so logically Slash deserves more shit for having a crappy singer because Slash left GN'R.

I love how Axl gets shit for continuing Guns N' Roses with new members but people are more accepting of Slash having a singer who sings GN'R song.

Which is y half the morons in here shouldn't be allowed to post in the first place..

Slash is just as responsible as AXL is, bottom line. If Anything, Slash is more to blame because SLASH QUIT..and has not had very much success since leaving. No more than Axl has had, that's for sure.

Actually Slash has had a lot of success. The last three songs on the new cd will be recorded the 1st week in January and the cd will be released with a world tour starting in April 2012. Also Slash's movie production company will start their first movie in January. The person doing the back up vocals is Todd Kerns who by the way sounds nothing like Axl. Axl also has had plenty of success.

Both Axl and Slash are happy with what they are doing and have moved forward some here need to do the same.

Which is y half the morons in here shouldn't be allowed to post in the first place..

Slash is just as responsible as AXL is, bottom line. If Anything, Slash is more to blame because SLASH QUIT..and has not had very much success since leaving. No more than Axl has had, that's for sure.

Actually Slash has had a lot of success. The last three songs on the new cd will be recorded the 1st week in January and the cd will be released with a world tour starting in April 2012. Also Slash's movie production company will start their first movie in January. The person doing the back up vocals is Todd Kerns who by the way sounds nothing like Axl. Axl also has had plenty of success.

Both Axl and Slash are happy with what they are doing and have moved forward some here need to do the same.

Yeah didn't Slash says he wanted to do horror movies?

He is producing them. The first will begin shooting in Jan. There are 3 more that are being developed.

He is producing them. The first will begin shooting in Jan. There are 3 more that are being developed.

That is exciting I thought he was wasn't serious about it at first but it seems Slash will be a busy man next year

:rolleyes:

As an insane fan of Guns N' Roses, it puts a big smile on my face to see Slash honor his past, same with Axl. Don't get why people feel the need to pick sides and act like one has more integrity than the other, its just silly.

As much as I can't stand Myles i am glad Slash found himself a good singer.

As an insane fan of Guns N' Roses, it puts a big smile on my face to see Slash honor his past, same with Axl. Don't get why people feel the need to pick sides and act like one has more integrity than the other, its just silly.

Hey, his timbre isn't nearly as badass but he hits the notes flawlessly. Thats good enough for me

Hey, his timbre isn't nearly as badass but he hits the notes flawlessly. Thats good enough for me

He sings the hell out of the songs but he will always be that annoying fan from Rock Star.

At about 4:45 the "just a little patience" that gets repeated over and over, sounds like they took the recording from the original Lies album of Ax, and Slash is using that for backing vocals.

God that singer sucks when he sings GNR songs.

I really have to agree. Slash has spent 15 years trying to find anyone to sing Axl's material and most can only do three songs (It's So Easy, Brownstone, and Patience). Myles gets an A for effort in my opinion but he just doesn't cut it. I'm in the minority but I thought Fergie was the best match for Slash vocally when she'd show up and jam with him.

At about 4:45 the "just a little patience" that gets repeated over and over, sounds like they took the recording from the original Lies album of Ax, and Slash is using that for backing vocals.

God that singer sucks when he sings GNR songs.

The same can be said about some guitarplayer

It's Todd the Bass player sining that part. He can sing pretty well. He is the one who does "Were all gonna die" live which is my favorite song from the record. Too bad they can't get Iggy to front VR, that would be a great match for Duffs punk feel.

This. Todd also sings Dr.Alibi at the show in Stoke.

It's Todd the Bass player sining that part. He can sing pretty well. He is the one who does "Were all gonna die" live which is my favorite song from the record. Too bad they can't get Iggy to front VR, that would be a great match for Duffs punk feel.

That would be awesome! I would love to see Iggy front VR