Rock AM Ring 2006

snconnolly

I'm not trying to be negative, but the vocals from rock am ring and throughout 06 was nowhere near as good as in 2010. They're very similar to 2011 on most songs so I don't understand why you're stuck in the past saying it was all so great when the present is kicking 2006 in the ass.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of you in 2015 saying something like: "2011 was the greatest ever. It was perfect back then"

Pointless thread full of people being stuck in the past, even to the extent that you fool your own ears.

Appreciate the "now"

2002 was the best ever!!!!

Ok, so for you guys its better when he uses more rasp, even though he can't reach some notes? That's ok if you just want the nostalgia act and hear the old songs, but the Chinese tracks are in a different story.

Because last year Axl couldn't sing properly the bridge in Better and the chorus on Shacklers always sounded off, as if he was struggling to barely keeps on key. This year, Axl is singing those high notes again, and with rasp. The fact that he's not using rasp all the time does not mean he's worse than 2010 - quite the opposite, really.

Edited by Voodoochild

Jungle sounds like a plane is landing with Axl's unmistakable howl. As soon as you'd hear that you knew Axl was going to have a good night vocally.

I do agree, but I don't think we can count on that rule.

Axl's Jungle scream at RIR 2001 sounded amazing too, but that certainly didn't set up a good night vocally. :lol:

i always found RAR interesting because it's one of the only (maybe THE only) well-recorded/mixed GN'R show. Every other live stream has suffered from poor sound to some degree, but this one didn't air live, so they had time to make it sound better, I guess.

I remember Axl's epic opening WTTJ scream (he hasn't done any as long as that since maybe '01, and back then it didn't have as much rasp) and how different he sounded on a lot of songs: raspier, singing with different intonations (like the end of The Blues, where he changed up the style of the "aaah aaaah aaaahs" quite significantly).

I think it's probably the best professionally recorded show we've seen from the new group, and Axl's voice - maybe partly because of the post-production touch-ups/mixing - hasn't sounded as good overall since the comeback. That version of Nightrain is killer.