Rocket Queen

Paulywauly

Hey, what's the best version of rocket queen from last year or this year, vocally? It's my mates fav gnr song and he doesn't believe it could be played better or as good as the early days, I beg to differ. I wanted it to be a pro shot so had a look at the LA one from last week but it wasn't so good! Cheers

and now for the lol

Rocket Queen w/ Myles Kennedy

God awful

Mate, seriously, I know this is a GN'R forum, but lets be honest, Slash is fucking sick, don't be a bitter twat.

Before any bullshit comes from you, Seen AXL and his band of merry men 3 times. Seen Slash with VR once, and was at 'Slash: Made In Stoke' the dvd.

Trying to make Slash look bad here is just unnecessary.....

Edited by SMG

Fuck whatever Axl was on at the Milan 2010 - he needs to get back on it now!!! Its fuckin incredible!! From 3:55 on = amazing and really is on par with late 80s - early 90s performances. I was thinking about this the other day when someone posted the "why does Axl nail it for half the show only" thread. Usually those threads are just trolling/bashing but the LA forum Rocket Queen really is terrible (as are some of the other performances of songs with similar vocal register). After that I was re-watching ritz/tokyo/other UYI-era tour RQs and some 2006 and 2010 ones. 2010 was really a good year for Axl.

Slash plays this song like a motherfucker, no doubt. I love the guitar player.

But Myles should not even try to sing GnR songs. he sucks on them and rapes the song.

That was my point.

Back on topic, I love how Tommy plays RQ, he has the right sound.

The best version EVER, not only 2010-2011. Listen to 4:34. Fuckin amazing!

That is incredible and your right - probably the best I've ever heard it. All the 2010 ones in this thread are great. Fuck knows whats happening now - maybe he's just approaching it differently and not quite hitting it. Or maybe just not practicing?? As discussed earlier it's not as if the Forum gig is bad vocally - far from it - just some of the songs/parts are like RQ.

But Myles should not even try to sing GnR songs. he sucks on them and rapes the song.

That was my point.

that was a weak point considering Myles sounds fine.

That Slash band, on their night, can beat anybody.

Edited by moreblack

That was my point.

Rocket Queen is my favourite AFD song, I can't agree with you on that.

Myles's voice does not suit the song at all! This is a sexy song, he sounds way too whiny for that. He sounds like he's crying.

I don't like it.

RQ is a dangerous song for Axl. he can Mikey Mouse of songs like SOD or Estranged and get away with it, but if he has an off-night in RQ, it sounds like shit.

That was my point.

No

and now for the lol

God awful

Mate, seriously, I know this is a GN'R forum, but lets be honest, Slash is fucking sick, don't be a bitter twat.

Before any bullshit comes from you, Seen AXL and his band of merry men 3 times. Seen Slash with VR once, and was at 'Slash: Made In Stoke' the dvd.

You honestly believe that that link was meant to make Slash look bad?

It didn't cross your mind that it could be to show how awful Myles sings it?

No.

The only reason why you said ''No'' is because your beloved Slash isn't in it.

and now for the lol

God awful

...Really dude? On a topic about a gnr song, you're gonna intentionally steer the attention away to create a GNR/VR Axl/Slash (Myles) war? Come on dude...that's really fuckin lame. And don't act like it was an accident.

They played RQ at the Phoenix show and I know I'm biased, but I haven't seen a better performance. I love when they do the outro live.

and now for the lol

God awful

You honestly believe that that link was meant to make Slash look bad?

It didn't cross your mind that it could be to show how awful Myles sings it?

No.

No, I said "No" because that's not the best RQ ever. Simple as that. :fuckyou:

No, I said "No" because that's not the best RQ ever. Simple as that. :fuckyou:

As pathetic as it is, you gotta get used to that on this board man....any time you make a negative statement about anything new-gnr related, it's because Slash isn't in it. It's such an easy cop out, they don't have to acknowledge the fact that not everything the new band does is as good as the original.

This topic has officially derailed.

Best version of rocket queen was talk box + rap version. Loved that!!!

Hell yes. :thumbsup:

As pathetic as it is, you gotta get used to that on this board man....any time you make a negative statement about anything new-gnr related, it's because Slash isn't in it. It's such an easy cop out, they don't have to acknowledge the fact that not everything the new band does is as good as the original.

This topic has officially derailed.

Haha, true. Watch your mouth 'cause you'll probably get the stupid and repetitive "Slash and his dingleberries" comment from that badass. :shrugs:

Wish somebody from this line-up used the talkbox too!! Maybe bumble!

No.

Talkbox on RQ = Slash

Bumble plays fretless on it, which is good. It is unique and he made RQ his own that way.

I don't want any of the new guys to try to duplicate Slash.

And again, Slash pays it great nowadays... but Myles kills that song. He suxx @ imitating Axl.

For the record, my favourite RQ ever is Tokyo 92 with the rap interlude.