Rocket Queen

Paulywauly

This one from the Puerto Rico gig was good I thought, aside from the guy in the crowd singing at the beginning. That whole gig was great - amazing My Michelle performance. You can find lots of good RQs in 2010, lots in S. America were good I think - Sao Paulo, Santiago, B. Aires

and now for the lol

Rocket Queen w/ Myles Kennedy

God awful

Mate, seriously, I know this is a GN'R forum, but lets be honest, Slash is fucking sick, don't be a bitter twat.

Before any bullshit comes from you, Seen AXL and his band of merry men 3 times. Seen Slash with VR once, and was at 'Slash: Made In Stoke' the dvd.

Trying to make Slash look bad here is just unnecessary.....

You honestly believe that that link was meant to make Slash look bad?

It didn't cross your mind that it could be to show how awful Myles sings it?

The best version EVER, not only 2010-2011. Listen to 4:34. Fuckin amazing!

No.

The only reason why you said ''No'' is because your beloved Slash isn't in it.

No, I said "No" because that's not the best RQ ever. Simple as that. :fuckyou:

without Axl voice, is not a real RQ, only Axl can make a real RQ :thumbsup: this is only a cover from Myles

I just listened to Myles and Slash. Might as well have been Nickelback covering Nirvana.

I made it to "sweet switchblade knife" and tapped out. You are a brave man if you made it through the whole thing.

Finck did a better job of covering Slash than that and Finck is my least favorite guitarist the band has ever had.

Wish somebody from this line-up used the talkbox too!! Maybe bumble!

No.

Talkbox on RQ = Slash

Bumble plays fretless on it, which is good. It is unique and he made RQ his own that way.

I don't want any of the new guys to try to duplicate Slash.

And again, Slash pays it great nowadays... but Myles kills that song. He suxx @ imitating Axl.

For the record, my favourite RQ ever is Tokyo 92 with the rap interlude.

Hang on - you dont want Bumble or anyone to imitate Slash. He's done something unique and made it his own.

But Myles ruins it because in your opinion he's not doing a good enough Axl impression?! Why can you not except that he is giving his take on the song. The guy is a pro and I think in a set of Snakepit/VR/GNR/AB/Led Zep/other singers from "Slash" covers to say he is trying to imitate anyone is just plain stupid because he pretty much approaches every song the same way ie. he pretty much nails every song in a technical sense and his tuning is pretty near flawless regardless of the song/vocal register.

You can hate on the guy if you just don't like the sound/tone of his voice - thats fair enough. But you can't really say he's not a good singer.

As pointed out previously this thread has fuckin turned into a pathetic Axl v Slash thing like usual. Why do you have do be on one side or the other?! Unlike most of the cretins here I enjoy most of the output of everyone connected to GNR and I've seen both the Slash live show and GNR lineups in question here (before any of you label me a "Sla$h-ite"purely off the back of this individual post!)

Edited by MJG

I agree that Myles can sing. As long as it's his stuff with Alter Bridge or the songs he did on ''Slash'' which are pretty good.

But come on, I just watched him butcher Rocket Queen, Civil War and Slither. 3 of my favorite songs.

Funny thing is that people are crying about Axl's Mickey Mouse voice, but Myles sounds just as whiney if not more on those songs.

Yet they say he's doing a good job on the GN'R stuff. facepalm.gif

However, Slash is doing a great job. He hasn't sounded better since he's sober.

But why the hell isn't he playing ''Serial Killer''?

And OT:

The best Rocket Queen would have been the one from Live Era if it was actually live. The re-recorded vocals are awesome tho.