i still cant decipher this axl quote

axlslashduffizzysteven

I really can't understand the need to 'decipher' that quote, its not that hard to understand!!! I swear after a long time Axl has given a sensible answers in regards to... anything really! Rather than avoiding that subject of old members and reunions he has given a strait-up answer as to why a reunion tour of the original line-up would not work in his opinion. He is basically saying that hypothetically speaking, even if they all (*ahem* Slash and Axl) could set their differences aside a full reunion is not feasible because Steven would not be able to keep up technically and the fact that he finds Izzy to be unreliable (or perhaps because he knows of Izzy's aversion to long tours and large gigs?).

I think he's basically saying that any sort of reunion would not be a true reunion anyway so he doesn't understand what all the fuss is about. And that he is comfortable with the people in the band RIGHT NOW.

No need to over analyse it people! At-least he was smart/calm enough not to talk complete smack about any of the former members, for which I'm greatfull. Lets not take it out of context alright?

<_<

I'm pretty sure that he meant that of all the former members shoved up his ass, Slash and Duff are the only ones that can still be shit out. The rest are too far up there. But he sees absolutely no reason to shit those two out now, because he doesn't want to deal with how they'd smell.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

No guys. He's saying Duff and Slash are reliable. Izzy likes to travel and live on his own terms and Adler, well that's obvious. It won't work with these two guys. Izzy didn't want to join VR, he won't re-join GN'R. He's happy to perform as a guest every now and then, as we've seen.

If the Appetite line up did a club tour I think Izzy would be up for that.

It would be great if the five of them shared the stage and accepted their induction together. A performance on the other hand seems unlikely.

Which is kinda sad in my honest opinion...

what has Slash done more than Izzy apart from wearing a cool hat?

Not all fans know what Izzy did for Gn'R. He always was the hidden guy. Not all fans cared about whatever happened behind the scenes or who contributed to most Gn'R songs.

That actually kinda pisses me off a bit, I know I shouldn't get pissed of with stuff like this but... If Axl were to reunite with Izzy and just Izzy, it'd be the most productive member for him to reunite with but the media and casual fans wouldn't really give a fuck.

Wouldn't b so productive if he decided to up and leave half way through a world stadium tour with no notice though would it?

Axl opines the media associate Guns N Roses with Slash, Duff, and himself. Furthermore, if one of those members were absent - most people would not consider it legit.

I disagree.

People only care about Axl, and Slash. Even people *here* would consider an Axl/Slash collaboration a true Guns N Roses effort. Despite how much I don't see it. GNR were one of those rare instances where all five members were imperative to the sound. When Steven left, the drums on UYI felt flat. I remember hearing Right Next Door To Hell for the first time, and hearing the difference immediately. I kept thinking "whoa. I hear Slash's wall of guitar, and Axl's screech. But where's the sound?"

Although Axl and Izzy have obviously patched things up personally, I do not think Axl has ever forgotten the fact that Izzy essentially left them up s--- creek in the middle of one of the biggest tours in history. However, the recent Eddie Trunk interview shows that Axl still considers him a great friend.

Izzy didn't just vanish. He finished until the end of August when they had a month long break come up when he wanted to leave well before that. But he finished up that leg of the tour before leaving. It wasn't like he played one night and no showed the next. Granted, he still put the band in a pretty tough spot, but it was expected at the start of the tour that he was going to leave at any second. The rest of the band knew before the tour even started that he wasn't going to be sticking around much longer. I don't think Axl took it as hard and personal as everyone thinks. Duff's book paints a different story that they knew Izzy was sober and couldn't stay around any of the other guys if he wanted to stay that way, and that they couldn't really blame him that much for bailing.