Bump this thread until iClips gives everyone a refund

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I hope GN’R has patience with this iClips concept and keeps the partnership to make it all work. It’s all experimentation. But it’s a positive initiative; I hope a couple of issues don’t throw future collaborations into doubt.

So if its that obvious you or I could get it than you're actually insulting new management more than I was

It wouldn't necessarily be so obvious without their servers not holding up during an actual stream. On the other hand from what you're saying, they may not have picked a more established streaming company because they didn't expect the number of people that actually tuned in :shrugs:

In the music business everything comes down to money. A smaller company would be cheaper on their part, so they may have picked a smaller company becuase they didn't expect so many people to pay for a stream.

Edited by Powerage5

So if its that obvious you or I could get it than you're actually insulting new management more than I was

It wouldn't necessarily be so obvious without their servers not holding up during an actual stream. On the other hand from what you're saying, they may not have picked a more established streaming company because they didn't expect the number of people that actually tuned in :shrugs:

In the music business everything comes down to money. A smaller company would be cheaper on their part, so they may have picked a smaller company becuase they didn't expect so many people to pay for a stream.

Or maybe larger companies weren't interested in streaming the shows?

Or maybe larger companies weren't interested in streaming the shows?

Could be, but that wouldn't be management's fault either though.

However my posts have come off in this topic, I'm not trying to defend anyone in particular, just stating the possibilities I see in what caused the mess last night.

Bump. iClips shat the bed worse than my phone during Civil War in Nashville. No point blaming management though. It was obviously a tech failure.

It appears to be working now though, so see you in about 3 hours. ;)

<edit>Check that, only about 27 minutes still. A plague on all their houses.</edit>

Hey guys, it keeps going after 27 mins even though it doesn't look like it would. Looks like it may be the full show. Try it!

Choppy though.

Smooth again now. At the end of Estranged.

Love the footage of dolphins at the end of Estranged. It's like the band acknowledging the dolphin bomb. Not sure which came first though? I never paid attention to the footage before.

Damn, Axl is really tearing it up. Loved the purple mic stand, he's on to a neon blue one now on Rocket Queen.

OK iClips, all is forgiven if this continues to work for 24 hrs (wouldn't mind a deadline extension though, to make up for all the delays).

Edited by Verruckt

The dolphin video was there before the "dolphin bomb" . As for the livestream, I bought both and was happy with the service. I watched both the next day though, so if I had stayed up live and there was a problem I would of been pissed. If GNR continues doing these for future tours it's really beneficial to those people who can't attend the shows. In 2010, if I wasn't able to go and see them in Europe then I would of killed for the chance to see a live show like this. And for the people in Europe this year , I'm sure there digging that they can see their favorite band whenever they want. It's not something that I would buy again as I've seen and heard this setlist many times. But that in no way means they should change the setlist, they've perfected it and sound fucking brilliant. There preforming for the fans that are there in the audience that night , who probably are hearing the set for the fist time. Anyone else who's able to watch/listen is just a bonus, but I'm sure the band realizes that the average fan isn't going to continually purchase these livestreams, but it's a nice treat every now and again.

I've never seen so much drama queenage in my entire life.

Always a fan of your mad verbal skills :thumbsup:

Have a few thoughts to share and add to the discussion as well.

I do understand people are peeved that the Iclip program failed to deliver the goods after they had accepted money and sealed the deal,but the cost was low so the loss was minimal.

Fact is,even with all the best intentions things can go wrong.Even with the highest aspirations things can get messed up. Nobody I know wakes up and decides "Let's see what we can make a disaster of today".

Sometimes you have to take the leap and figure out how to build a set of wings before you plow headfirst into the ground.

If somebody had told me a year ago that GNR would be livestreaming multiple shows in December 2011,I would have assumed they were experimenting with pharmecuticals,the last GNR PPV livestream was from Paris,in the stoneage 90s when everyone and their brother did not own a computer.We got our GNR info from magazines,and MTV actually played music videos. :shocked:

I can only see the recent PPVs as a success for GNR & mgmt. For reaching into a new area for fans,even though Iclips screwed the pooch. It's been an exciting year in GNR-land,with the tour,the RRHOF,the interviews,and hell must have surely frozen over with the flurry of positive reviews from the dreadful draconian demon known as the media.

Granted Iclips needs to make restitution to some disatisfied paying customers and do the right thing,I paid for three friends to watch it last night,because they didn't have paypal accounts/and were low on funds after Xmas,So they aren't happy about IClips failure to get it up last night. :tongue2:

But am I placing the blame-game on Guns N' Roses/mgmt/camp?

Hell No! Great year GNRs :)

Happy New Year to Guns N' Roses/mgmt/camp

Happy New Year to everyone here :thumbsup:

I've never seen so much drama queenage in my entire life.

Do explain... If you mean people want their money back for a service not provided then yeah I guess we are all drama queens :rolleyes:

I refer only to the more extreme and dramatic outcries of grand malfeasance. For example, there have been several threads deleted.

If I were to have bought the show, experienced problems, I would email several pertinent parties-that-be, and then share any results in an appropriate thread. But that's just me. Nonetheless, it would certainly appear that some people are ready to jump the gun, as it were.

However, i would like to point out the sheer fact that by me posting in this thread, I am thus bumping it, therefore despite my cynical sarcasm I am not unsympathetic to those disgruntled by the lightweight net admins over at iClips.

you all got ya 5 dollars worth. we have to support this regardless of a bad night.

+ 1

There's always something to complain about if you look hard enough.

Some people actually want to get what they paid for... Ridiculous huh?

I did when I bought one show for the Forum.

Guest gunns5

Even if the show was free to begin with, by today's standards and the technology which Is accessible, it shouldn't of been that poor.

He'll that guy that was streaming the show fom G A his video was more in sync from 1 iPhone + wfi LOL

Edited by gunns5

• 1 month later...

I don't think I ever got m refund from iclips? I checked my statements?

iclips said they'd refund me or credit me with a pass key to view a premium

archived live performance? Nothing! So far......

It would be nice if iclips or some other media service got the chance to stream

a live broadcast from some of these upcoming sold out shows in Chicago, Detroit,

and New York...I'd pay to see it again and again and again...