Do you know what would REALLY make tonight's NYE show special?

Los Angeles

If after the encore Axl announces, "Ladies & Gentlemen, this is the last show that will be performed with this lineup. I'm reuniting with my boys (Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steve) in 2012 and we are going to make and tour behind a Guns N Roses record that the world has been craving for the past 20 years". Then he slams down the mike and walks off-stage.

If after the encore Axl announces, "Ladies & Gentlemen, this is the last show that will be performed with this lineup. I'm reuniting with my boys (Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steve) in 2012 and we are going to make and tour behind a Guns N Roses record that the world has been craving for the past 20 years". Then he slams down the mike and walks off-stage.

I think it would be better if the encore was WTTJ with the original 5 & said nothing except "Good Night". I think they're going out on a high note tonight,and looking forward to the new year. Axl's not going to pull a KISS.. this lineup has to run its course before a reunion happens.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think it would be much better if Axl confirms the conclusion of the Chinese era, announces the intention of a new album and declares an alternative show to the RN’R Hall… @ MSG. And have GN’R depart the performance area with Atlas playing over the speakers.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

If Axl sells out to the mainstream desire for a reunion of defunct line-up (for the sake of a few $s and a less than spectacular album of hooks that aren’t so appealing in terms of charm to the 2000s) then I would encourage all to avail of tomatoes in close proximity.

Appear with the inductees, I’m all for it; but if Axl tours with the Appetite players it’s career suicide. When people get their GN’R fix, and realize it’s anti-climactic to their expectations, GN’R will become an irrelevance. & Axl won’t have anything to fall back on. I hope Axl reunites with those former members when he doesn’t want to make music anymore. & I believe that won’t be the case for the foreseeable future.

.. this lineup has to run its course before a reunion happens.

This lineup has run its course 10 years ago ...

2012 = Rock Hall = Perfect time for reunion

No, sorry. Just because the Chinese Democracy era has run it's course doesn't mean this band has run it's course. Hell, this band hasn't even started it's course yet. Maybe you can make a statement like that when they put out an album that sucks (Fat chance of that happening)

I know that this was a cupcake topic but how the hell could think that Axl TOURING with the original lineup is even possible is beyond me. That will never happen. I can see a one-off at the HOF but that's it. Talks of a tour just makes me laugh

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

There is so much epic fail involved with this statement. LOL

If Axl were to tour with the 80s band members it will become clear that our expectations (which have built up to a mythic level over time) will not be met. It will be antic-climatic, & people will ponder, well why did I hold a prejudice against New GN’R? This is the same, or perhaps, in certain instances, worse.

What is so pleasing about Axl’s hand on Slash’s shoulder? There isn’t. It’s a fiction. A nonsense nostalgia that will be anti-climactic. For me Axl is GN’R, I listened to Velvet Revolver, what was absent? Axl. When I listen to Chinese or the current live line-up, there isn’t anything that I miss. Because Axl’s there. The “vacuum” left upon Slash’s departure is a fabrication. What is Slash going to provide? He’s an aging former hook machine. Dj can potentially be as effective in terms of that (look at his CV with Sixx AM).

Axl plays with those guys on a constant basis, what happens next? Does the desire for a reunion sustain? No. The market is fickle and the reunion craze will subside quickly. & will Guns storm the charts with a mammoth album that reinvigorates the 80s and has GN’R on each high profile publication? Perhaps in Alabama. For about 3 weeks.