2012 is The Year of Guns N' Roses

CoolRanchDressing

Probably would have had a different album if it werent for the leaks.

Where can I ind the live intro?

The General?

Yeah. I might have heard it though

The General's intro was used as GNR's intro for their concerts in 2010.

That intro is so badass!

Oh I thought they took that from an old horror film

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably would have had a different album if it werent for the leaks.

Where can I ind the live intro?

The General?

Yeah. I might have heard it though

The General's intro was used as GNR's intro for their concerts in 2010.

That intro is so badass!

Oh I thought they took that from an old horror film

Nope, it's an original, unreleased Guns N' Roses song.

Is that with The Exorcist quote?

No, Guns N' Roses did not put a quote from The Exorcist in The General. They used a quote from The Exorcist as an introduction to their concerts in 2002.

So its not those deep strings at Rio 2001 before Jungle?

Like most fans, my big hope for 2012 is that we see a new album released (or at least signs that it's on its way soon).

I have always wondered how much finished, or nearly finished material, they have leftover from the 'Chinese' sessions and whether it's enough for a full album. Axl mentioned in the TMS interview, that he felt the "right people made 'Chinese' and the other songs we did" (I'm paraphrasing slightly), so I'm hopeful that the remaining Bucket/Brain/Finck era material sees the light of day, as well as tracks from the current lineup!

can't quite figure out why people want to hear "new" music" from people that aren't in the band anymore and haven't been in almost 10 years rather than new music from current members in the band - I always thought CD was good, but let's move on already - I'm sure he's got songs that haven't been heard ever that are older than some of the members of this forum

And in previous interviews, it's been said that there are 3 albums worth of completed material

it's not about band members it's about music.

I don't get how you can separate the two...

Easy. When you listen to a song you should judge it by how pleasing it is to your ears, your heart, your soul, does it make you tap your foot or want to dance. Does it make you sad, does it get u pumped up. Things like that.

Who actually is in the band should be about the 87th most relevant thing on your importance list.

The song is what important, not who the bass player is.

can't quite figure out why people want to hear "new" music" from people that aren't in the band anymore and haven't been in almost 10 years rather than new music from current members in the band

West Arkeen and Chris Weber were never in the band....fail.

Seriously, 2 songs vs 3 albums of new material?

Is that really a fair comparison?

OK, west may have had a credit or 2 on the UYI albuums as well as they've said in the past he was an unofficial 6th member

But axl's got another 2-3 albums worth of material from the CD era and I have no interest in hearing what BH and finck did when there not there anymore-

Why not write some new shit w DJ and bumble since theykre actually members of the band

can't quite figure out why people want to hear "new" music" from people that aren't in the band anymore and haven't been in almost 10 years rather than new music from current members in the band

OK, west may have had a credit or 2 on the UYI albuums as well as they've said in the past he was an unofficial 6th member

But axl's got another 2-3 albums worth of material from the CD era and I have no interest in hearing what BH and finck did when there not there anymore-

Why not write some new shit w DJ and bumble since theykre actually members of the band

Not to split hairs, but I believe Tracii Guns helped write "Anything Goes." There were also lots of collaborators on Use Your Illusion. But you didn't see Del James singing back-up vocals on November Rain.

Personally, I love the Chinese Democracy line-up's song writing. Tobias, Bucket and Finck were a dynamite songwriting combo, and really brought out the musical best in that band line up at that time. But I love the passion and energy of the new line-up's explosive guitar combo. So I want to hear the music that Tobias, Bucket and Finck composed and agonized over because it will build on all that we already love about Chinese Democracy. But I can't wait to see the current line-up rip into those songs with their own unique flair. Is that okay?

Easy. When you listen to a song you should judge it by how pleasing it is to your ears, your heart, your soul, does it make you tap your foot or want to dance. Does it make you sad, does it get u pumped up. Things like that.

Who actually is in the band should be about the 87th most relevant thing on your importance list.

Yes but when bands create music it's the people involved. When you take away elements it changes the sound, obviously. If Axl left GNR and I joined as the singer and we put out a pretty decent record ya you might like it but you wouldn't consider it an "evolution" of the same band. It's different. If you're a fan of Johnny Cash how can you separate the man from the music? You don't have to know anything about the guy but if someone covers it you can tell something is wrong. It's like the new Alice in Chains. Ya, they're pretty alright but how do you separate AIC from Layne when the lyrics to all the old songs, and even the sound, so heavily revolve around him? The music is inspired by the musicians lives, thus the band members are important.

Unless of course you're taking about playing live, that's different. But for creating NEW music? Duh the band members matter. I mean, come on.

I guess music just means different things for us.

Pairing superstars together doesn't automatically mean great songs will be produced. Look at chickenfoot. On paper, they should be huge.

Axl might team up with some unknown song writer from Idaho and create a masterpiece......him and slash could spend the next month writing together and come up with nothing stimulating.

I'm not caught up in who is in a band, I just care what the music sounds like. I've had just as much fun hearing a local band or discovering a new bands CD.

If u are on vacation and want Italian food, which place do u pick.....olive garden or some hole in the wall place called Vito's? I will take a chance with Vito every time. You, I suppose, would take the famous and well known olive garden.

Just a difference in how we view things.

Yes but when bands create music it's the people involved. When you take away elements it changes the sound, obviously. If Axl left GNR and I joined as the singer and we put out a pretty decent record ya you might like it but you wouldn't consider it an "evolution" of the same band. It's different. If you're a fan of Johnny Cash how can you separate the man from the music? You don't have to know anything about the guy but if someone covers it you can tell something is wrong. It's like the new Alice in Chains. Ya, they're pretty alright but how do you separate AIC from Layne when the lyrics to all the old songs, and even the sound, so heavily revolve around him? The music is inspired by the musicians lives, thus the band members are important.

Unless of course you're taking about playing live, that's different. But for creating NEW music? Duh the band members matter. I mean, come on.

I guess music just means different things for us.

Pairing superstars together doesn't automatically mean great songs will be produced. Look at chickenfoot. On paper, they should be huge.

Axl might team up with some unknown song writer from Idaho and create a masterpiece......him and slash could spend the next month writing together and come up with nothing stimulating.

I'm not caught up in who is in a band, I just care what the music sounds like. I've had just as much fun hearing a local band or discovering a new bands CD.

If u are on vacation and want Italian food, which place do u pick.....olive garden or some hole in the wall place called Vito's? I will take a chance with Vito every time. You, I suppose, would take the famous and well known olive garden.

Just a difference in how we view things.

I believe there is a place in china town manhattan called Vitos. Use to be Little Italy but Chinatown is ethnically cleansing the place.

'12 will be the year of Guns N' Roses becouse all the years since '85 was.

'12 will be the year of Guns N' Roses 'cause they're always on our mind n' in our hearts.. :wub:

'12 will be the year of Guns N' Roses 'cause they'll release new album (I hope so rock4 )

'12 will be the year of Guns N' Roses 'cause Chuck Norris said so

'12 will be the year of Guns N' Roses 'cause I've stepped into new level of being fan of Guns N' Roses. Now I'm fan for eternity!

'12 will be the year of Guns N' Roses 'cause Axl''ll change his look again to the better one. (His hair is grownig! :heart: )

Not to split hairs, but I believe Tracii Guns helped write "Anything Goes." There were also lots of collaborators on Use Your Illusion. But you didn't see Del James singing back-up vocals on November Rain.

Personally, I love the Chinese Democracy line-up's song writing. Tobias, Bucket and Finck were a dynamite songwriting combo, and really brought out the musical best in that band line up at that time. But I love the passion and energy of the new line-up's explosive guitar combo. So I want to hear the music that Tobias, Bucket and Finck composed and agonized over because it will build on all that we already love about Chinese Democracy. But I can't wait to see the current line-up rip into those songs with their own unique flair. Is that okay?

too each his own

personally, i'd rather hear what the current lineup can do rather than rehash shit that's been written by folks that are long gone