Do you think tonight will be the end of the Chinese Democracy era?

ITW 2012

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazilian Burocracy starts now!

Don't they already have enough of that?

A self-titled is a shit idea. Any original new title, whether it's named after one of the songs we know or something else entirely, would be good in my opinion.

Edited by Flayer

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think Chinese, as far as the vibe of the first album, is over. What we’re going to get, is some diluted material from that era with efforts from the line-up post-2009.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I just really think if a new album was coming Axl wouldn't be so secretive about; Especially when you consider his actions over the past few weeks i.e...LA Times Interview, VH1.

I think the opposite. His constant allusion to the new album circa Chinese was the reason for the expectation and focus on the time frame. Without reference to a new effort GN’R can work at their own leisure devoid of media pressure and expectation. I think the next release will be much more abrupt.

I don't know why all of you are talking about Ashba like this. He's been in the band for almost 3 years, touring for 2 and all of sudden he's the guy that will write the next album? Please. Telling Axl everyday how great his songwriting is isn't the way to make an album happen.

Regarding the thread, yes, I hope this is the end of the CD era. I'd love to hear solid songs from that era, but enough is enough. I don't know why Axl is stuck in that era... HE didn't promote the album, HE didn't release a vid. Ron gave countless interviews to promote the album, why couldn't Axl do the same? As much as I love CD its era should be over by now. Its been over 10 years... lets move forward for once...?

I do wonder what's next...

You'd think if they were really close to putting a new album out they would had played even just one new song throughout this entire tour...

Well, they made it sound like they'll write a new album - Tommy said they'd be in writing mode, not editing mode or mixing mode. :xmasssanta:

Pretty disappointing that we didn't get any new music or even any real hints in 2011.

Unless you believe the "there will be new album in 2012" post. Which I am choosing to do, for lack of any better options.

"All I needed was clarity

And someone to tell me

What the fuck is going on!"

I really, really hope so - there is no point in rehashing another Chinese Democracy tour or even rereleasing the album without major extra additions. Also for the new album I really want this lineup to write new, fresh material. And the old songs they do use I really hope they go in and record fresh 2012 studio takes.

They had to have an US tour, so they finally did it. Now hopefully they're heading to Europe, and having played all of the current material there, they'll innovate a bit.

I would love if they were to to tour Europe in the summer and reveal two or more new songs during the tour, then release a new album in the fall. If they start a new tour with no new material, I'll be worried for the band's future.

They had to have an US tour, so they finally did it. Now hopefully they're heading to Europe, and having played all of the current material there, they'll innovate a bit.

I would love if they were to to tour Europe in the summer and reveal two or more new songs during the tour, then release a new album in the fall. If they start a new tour with no new material, I'll be worried for the band's future.

They need to give a sign that this line-up is serious. If they keep touring the same songs over and over again, it'll be like this line-up is a touring line-up only. A single new song would do the job. Hell, it's so easy to release stuff nowadays... Does Axl have any obligations with labels or something? Hell, it could even be a digital only release.

They need to give a sign that this line-up is serious. If they keep touring the same songs over and over again, it'll be like this line-up is a touring line-up only. A single new song would do the job. Hell, it's so easy to release stuff nowadays... Does Axl have any obligations with labels or something? Hell, it could even be a digital only release.

I was thinking of maybe they could release a single, for the hardcore fans. Than, finish the album and release it in late 2012/early 2013 (if there is one :tongue2: ).

Seriously, this late tour was great, and it had alot of good reviews, it hopefully made alot of new fans, and it was a great exposure for this kick-ass band Axl has. Now, they have to prove it in the studio, and I think this band could make one kick-ass rock and roll album. Axl said their going to "put new stuff out after we work out stuff with the label" in the LA Times interview, Richard said their going to be "finishing up" the new GN'R album. Dizzy said they were going to play songs "maybe for the future" at the Las Vegas show, but that didn't happen. But, it seems like they have their mind set on a new album.

I really, really hope this is the start of this band becoming big, and I think a new album with promotion, music video's, interviews, and a tour to follow the release would make that happen.

I also really hope in 5 months, were not sitting here with topics like "what kind of hair shampoo does Axl use" or Why is Pitman's nickname Mongoose," with not one word from GN'R.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

If there ever was a case of needing to "strike while the iron is hot", this is it. Move on. This has played out for 11 years. We've been hearing 'Chinese Democracy', 'Madagascar', and 'Street of Dreams' for over 10 years now, and those are in the group of "new songs" (as opposed to the older material). At this point, the only thing they can do is either start on something new, or take this same tour to places they haven't been, like Alaska, Israel, Africa, and South Korea. They can't do Chinese Democracy World Tour v.25.