Do you think tonight will be the end of the Chinese Democracy era?

ITW 2012

The problem is the same as it has always been.

Creating new music is easy.

Figuring out who is going to pay for it is the hard part.

Axl continues to operate as if it was 1991 in what he expects and demands for GNR as far as the label and support goes, and as long as that is his frame of mind new music will be nothing short of impossible no matter what the other band members are saying in interviews.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl continues to operate as if it was 1991 in what he expects and demands for GNR as far as the label and support goes, and as long as that is his frame of mind new music will be nothing short of impossible no matter what the other band members are saying in interviews.

this.

except i don't think creating new music is easy. i mean interesting new music, not just pure nonsense as silkworms, rihad or ohmygod..

If this tour continues one more day then it makes this band a JOKE once and for all...the last focus should have been hitting up the states after the release of chinese.

With all the reunion rumors about to pop up in march the best thing the band can do is hit the studio, finish up any recordings that need to be done FOR SURE on the next album, mix it, then have a sit in with the label until they release it.

Ask yourself- what if Axl's account wasn't hacked?

What did the deleted post say from Dexter a few months backCuriouser and curiouser.

:crazy:

If this tour continues one more day then it makes this band a JOKE once and for all...the last focus should have been hitting up the states after the release of chinese.

With all the reunion rumors about to pop up in march the best thing the band can do is hit the studio, finish up any recordings that need to be done FOR SURE on the next album, mix it, then have a sit in with the label until they release it.

Axl should announce a release date for a new album at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony (assuming he's there). That'll be a great way to get the word out to a mass majority of people.

this.

except i don't think creating new music is easy. i mean interesting new music, not just pure nonsense as silkworms, rihad or ohmygod..

They have 2 more albums of material..Axl needs to establish what songs are gonna be on the next album, then wipe out robin/bucket/ and brains work. Record Frank Bumble and DJ's stuff, mix it, then release it. The band NEEDS to get on this.

DJ Baz and 99 other ppl have made it known that Axls got some incredible stuff thats yet to be released...I say at this point just get it out there.

Axl should announce a release date for a new album at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony (assuming he's there). That'll be a great way to get the word out to a mass majority of people.

It would be..maybe they should focus on getting Axl there FIRST :xmassrudolph:

But I agree...the induction isnt til march, plenty of time to finish up any recordings left and negotiate with the label.

I imagine the labels are praying though that Axl gives in and reunites with the band, or they could hassle him to not release the album and say "well u were willing to show up and hang with ur old bandmates, we're gonna fuck over this album so now theres even MORE pressure for u to do a reunion"

The unfortunate part is that if this bands name wasn't guns n roses, they would have less trouble with releasing albums, touring, and promotion. I think the labels need to just do what Axl wants, rather than pressure him. Patience is a virtue, and eventually Axl will come around.

Edited by AxlRose14

I think the labels need to just do what Axl wants, rather than pressure him. Patience is a virtue, and eventually Axl will come around.

They tried that already.

All it got them was millions and millions of debt with no sign of a completed project. The "let Axl do what he wants" ship sailed years ago, and he has no one but himself to blamed that it is not coming around the harbor again anytime soon.

Not sure, at the moment there are a few things that could happen imo. They're in a state of limbo.

1. Axl could "disapear" for a few years, like he did 1995-1999, 2003-2005, etc

2. The band could reunite (highly doubtful)

3. They could start releasing singles for the next album

4. The band could be unheard from for years while they work on a new album

5. We could see a new album soon

Honestly, Chinese Democracy seemed like a time of comeback and transition uncertainty for them. They've been working on this since 1998. 14 years later I think it's time for something new. At this point though, idc whether the album is CDII or all new, I just want some new music released.

They need to move forward, in whatever direction. Either way, if they don't come back with something new to bring to the table next time around, then what's the point? If it's just greatest hits again, I rather at least have the people who were apart of it on stage with Axl.

My only issue with this line of thinking is that Axl clearly has too much pride to ever remove CD songs from the setlist completely. I mean it's nice to think about, but unless the reunited group learns at least a few of them, there won't be a reunited group. Axl has no intentions (it would appear) to do something just because it seems to be what everyone else wants.