Sign in to follow this  
lukepowell1988

Marijuana

should it be legal   

47 members have voted

1. 1. legalize weed?

• yes
    • no

No! I trust the people here who may be responsible, but I work in law enforcement and see plenty of wrong that is caused by it.

Oh really? PLENTY wrong? Please elaborate Mr. Law enforcement.

So you can trust the random people youve never met to smoke pot "responsibly"... but you see something.... Wrong???

Like what? Like the innocent people who smoke it having their lives completely ruined by idiotic authority figures who see a need to arrest them for doing absoloutely nothing wrong whatsoever?

Lets see, what negative things people can do with pot....

Smoking in public not everybody likes the smell. Should be no more frowned upon than cigarettes.

You think other people are a bad influence smoking this harmless plant in front of your children?

Well arent you just a terrific influence on your children smoking poison tobacco and getting drunk to achieve fun from life.

Tobacco kills you, tells you straight up right on the pack.

Alchohol.... Ha! dont get me started!

Weed.... Yeah what wrong does this cause exactly, i really cant think of anything.... i get a bit hungry, a bit tired, but not stupid. And if you think weed makes people stupid than youre an idiot, your stupid virgin brain is what makes you stupid. If you dont know what youre talking about dont knock it.

There is no reason for this to be illegal and anybody who disagrees is wrong and retarded, thats a fact. And the idea of having a weed card to limit your amount is also retarded, what do you live in Nazi germany?

Do we have cigarette cards? Of course not? why? cause its retarded and nobody would go for it, why would we have to introduce such a gay rule for marijuana? Just go suck the joy right out of the activity why dont you.

Compared to whats already legal and as well as the shit you eat at mcdonalds weed will do you no harm whatsoever. You can eat it and it wont do anything to harm your lungs. So many great uses for the stuff.

So tell me please anybody, what is the plenty wrong that is caused by the plant itself and not just retarded people doing retarded things who happen to smoke it. Blaming a plant to excuse peoples natural stupidity is pathetic.

No! I trust the people here who may be responsible, but I work in law enforcement and see plenty of wrong that is caused by it.

Oh really? PLENTY wrong? Please elaborate Mr. Law enforcement.

So you can trust the random people youve never met to smoke pot "responsibly"... but you see something.... Wrong???

Like what? Like the innocent people who smoke it having their lives completely ruined by idiotic authority figures who see a need to arrest them for doing absoloutely nothing wrong whatsoever?

Lets see, what negative things people can do with pot....

Smoking in public not everybody likes the smell. Should be no more frowned upon than cigarettes.

You think other people are a bad influence smoking this harmless plant in front of your children?

Well arent you just a terrific influence on your children smoking poison tobacco and getting drunk to achieve fun from life.

Tobacco kills you, tells you straight up right on the pack.

Alchohol.... Ha! dont get me started!

Weed.... Yeah what wrong does this cause exactly, i really cant think of anything.... i get a bit hungry, a bit tired, but not stupid. And if you think weed makes people stupid than youre an idiot, your stupid virgin brain is what makes you stupid. If you dont know what youre talking about dont knock it.

There is no reason for this to be illegal and anybody who disagrees is wrong and retarded, thats a fact. And the idea of having a weed card to limit your amount is also retarded, what do you live in Nazi germany?

Do we have cigarette cards? Of course not? why? cause its retarded and nobody would go for it, why would we have to introduce such a gay rule for marijuana? Just go suck the joy right out of the activity why dont you.

Compared to whats already legal and as well as the shit you eat at mcdonalds weed will do you no harm whatsoever. You can eat it and it wont do anything to harm your lungs. So many great uses for the stuff.

So tell me please anybody, what is the plenty wrong that is caused by the plant itself and not just retarded people doing retarded things who happen to smoke it. Blaming a plant to excuse peoples natural stupidity is pathetic.

dude relax.. stop acting like Marijuana is the holy drug that makes no wrong.

Weed is not an "harmless plant" like you make it out to be, if slows the creation of newer brain-cells and can seriously lower people's self-esteem. Even though you can not be physically dependent on weed, you very well can be psychologically.

but back on topic,

I am a smoker (not daily, though I used to do it daily for a few months), don't do it that much anymore..

and yeah, I think it should be legal because of the same reasons posted before me, except for the ones that guy above me posted

Guest Len B'stard

Until about a month or so ago i'd been smoking weed/skunk/hash whatever everyday of my life since my early teens. And i do mean every single day. I'm 28 years old now and i can honestly say, i haven't noticed a single change since my last smoke. Don't feel antsy or...y'know, anything at all. I wouldn't've even say i've quit cuz it was nothing even approaching as dramatic as that. Was just sitting around a few Sundays ago, having smoked a spliff and thinking, y'know what, i'm so used to this feeling, it's not even really a buzz in the way it was before, it just feels like day to day life. If anything, it's annoying me at the moment and that night i didn't buy another draw and haven't for a few weeks and in all those years i can honestly say i don't think it's had any negative effect on me whatsoever and i've alternated in those years between smoking HUGE amounts to just maybe a spliff a day before bed or to a few spliffs a day and...yeah, no difference really.

Actually, one difference, the first week or so i dreamed a bit more at night, like i woke up in the morning remembering my dreams...and thats it :shrugs: At my most chronic (pun intended) i was smoking about a couple of ounces of skunk a week, whilst working a job thats 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturday so any smoking i got done was obviously not between those hours.

Furthermore, every instance of trouble i've gotten into in my life whilst i was on drugs was never ever ever not once whilst high on weed...or even whilst doing an E or whatever but i've gotten into shitloads of trouble whilst drunk. In fact, some of the great cock ups of my life have been under the influence of alcohol.

I ain't making a case for one or the other and i ain't a fucking scientist and we're presented with this that and the other piece of information telling us all this fuckin shit about braincells and schitzophrenia and all that but...you can't dispute what people learn through their expieriences and i've yet to meet or see or hear of a person that has had some sort of harm come about in their life as a result of weed or skunk except for people that sell it.

Now you can take a rubber ball and stick it in the middle of the room and go 'see that? that fucking things evil, don't touch it, don't go near it, it'll cause you no end of trouble, it's fucking dangerous, it's fucked up, don't you touch that thing, you won't touch that thing now, will ya?' you might convince more than a few people to be wary of it but after a while, after looking at it, after seeing it, watching it, people are gonna walk up, pick it up, feel it in their hands...maybe smell it...bounce it on the ground...throw it in the air and catch it...put it in their pocket...take it out again and eventually realise that, actually, it's just a little rubber ball and in fact, despite what you were told, absolutely harmless.

You can't fool people forever. And whats more, the more stupid laws you have the more people will start losing respect for the law in general because, hey, if they're blagging you about this one, what other ones might they be blagging you about? And you might have someone go out and perhaps break a law or try something thats really actually IS stupid...and dangerous.

Edited by sugaraylen

Furthermore, every instance of trouble i've gotten into in my life whilst i was on drugs was never ever ever not once whilst high on weed...or even whilst doing an E or whatever but i've gotten into shitloads of trouble whilst drunk. In fact, some of the great cock ups of my life have been under the influence of alcohol.

I think that statement can summarize it for a lot of people.

Until about a month or so ago i'd been smoking weed/skunk/hash whatever everyday of my life since my early teens. And i do mean every single day. I'm 28 years old now and i can honestly say, i haven't noticed a single change since my last smoke. Don't feel antsy or...y'know, anything at all. I wouldn't've even say i've quit cuz it was nothing even approaching as dramatic as that. Was just sitting around a few Sundays ago, having smoked a spliff and thinking, y'know what, i'm so used to this feeling, it's not even really a buzz in the way it was before, it just feels like day to day life. If anything, it's annoying me at the moment and that night i didn't buy another draw and haven't for a few weeks and in all those years i can honestly say i don't think it's had any negative effect on me whatsoever and i've alternated in those years between smoking HUGE amounts to just maybe a spliff a day before bed or to a few spliffs a day and...yeah, no difference really.

Actually, one difference, the first week or so i dreamed a bit more at night, like i woke up in the morning remembering my dreams...and thats it :shrugs: At my most chronic (pun intended) i was smoking about a couple of ounces of skunk a week, whilst working a job thats 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturday so any smoking i got done was obviously not between those hours.

I ain't making a case for one or the other and i ain't a fucking scientist and we're presented with this that and the other piece of information telling us all this fuckin shit about braincells and schitzophrenia and all that but...you can't dispute what people learn through their expieriences and i've yet to meet or see or hear of a person that has had some sort of harm come about in their life as a result of weed or skunk except for people that sell it.

Now you can take a rubber ball and stick it in the middle of the room and go 'see that? that fucking things evil, don't touch it, don't go near it, it'll cause you no end of trouble, it's fucking dangerous, it's fucked up, don't you touch that thing, you won't touch that thing now, will ya?' you might convince more than a few people to be wary of it but after a while, after looking at it, after seeing it, watching it, people are gonna walk up, pick it up, feel it in their hands...maybe smell it...bounce it on the ground...throw it in the air and catch it...put it in their pocket...take it out again and eventually realise that, actually, it's just a little rubber ball and in fact, despite what you were told, absolutely harmless.

You can't fool people forever. And whats more, the more stupid laws you have the more people will start losing respect for the law in general because, hey, if they're blagging you about this one, what other ones might they be blagging you about? And you might have someone go out and perhaps break a law or try something thats really actually IS stupid...and dangerous.

good statement well put there mate

Legalise it, regulate it, there are so many advantages.

No! My friend Andy makes a living selling marijuana. If it becomes legal and regulated he will be out of a job. Common man, think about the drug dealers and drug cartels.

What are they going to do? How will they afford their expensive cars, guns, and girls?

Legalise it, regulate it, there are so many advantages.

No! My friend Andy makes a living selling marijuana. If it becomes legal and regulated he will be out of a job. Common man, think about the drug dealers and drug cartels.

What are they going to do? How will they afford their expensive cars, guns, and girls?

Move on to Heroin?! :P

BTW, nice gun!

Edited by Use Your Delusion 1

Legalizing takes away the fun.

So you'd rather still be going through the prohibition period with alcohol? "Takes the fun away"??

Nah.

There's medical marijuana which people get cards for and already abuse, just legalize the shit. Smoking weed does no more harm than cigarettes, in fact, cigarettes are worse. This debate has gone on for years and years and years.

Just legalize.

What SUCKS is having to stop smoking a plant because your job decides to implement a new random drug testing policy. For a plant that grows in the ground, which has never killed a human being.

Edited by Forsaken

I stopped smoking last year after my birthday. I started up earlier in the year and pretty much smoked everyday in june and july. I feel like i got it out of my system as far as always wanting to do it, like getting over the party bug..

Had a hell of a weird trip on some homemade hash though so my thoughts on that are kinda iffy.

Legalize? Don't know. All i can keep thinking of is the crime associated with dealers and the such.

But it's a plant, grows from the earth and has some good benefits I think.