[Rolling Stone] Most Unique Voice: Axl Rose @ #6

watchman

Okay, I'll bite on the list even though I normally avoid this type of subjective nonsense from Rolling Stone. WTF is so unique about Eddie Vedder's voice? I'm not trying to knock the guy, but I don't consider it unique in any way. I would have put Layne Staley high on this list along with Axl and certainly both men long before basic baritone Vedder.

Okay, I'll bite on the list even though I normally avoid this type of subjective nonsense from Rolling Stone. WTF is so unique about Eddie Vedder's voice? I'm not trying to knock the guy, but I don't consider it unique in any way. I would have put Layne Staley high on this list along with Axl and certainly both men long before basic baritone Vedder.

Really? I can't see what isn't unique about his voice. There might be some copycats (Scott Stap), but Eddie Vedder is unmistakable - not to mention an amazing songwriter.

I agree that lists like these are kind of stupid though. I mean people like Layne, Axl, and Vedder are unique in their own way, I do not get how they can objectively say "ok this person is more unique than this person" when they have totally different voices

Edited by WhazUp