The Fillmore Silver Spring - February 23, 2012

blarkins

Enthusiastic review

http://www.wrif.com/suzycolerocknews/story.aspx?ID=1658813

@AxlRose

A flucking Blast!! Thank you Detroit!! I was drowned in the gutter n' u got my motor runnin'!!

GNR Tweeted some pics out. So did the co-founder of AOL, Steve Case, who cashed in his chips with them and left years ago. He's still on the Forbes billionaires list.

Enthusiastic review

http://www.wrif.com/suzycolerocknews/story.aspx?ID=1658813

@AxlRose

A flucking Blast!! Thank you Detroit!! I was drowned in the gutter n' u got my motor runnin'!!

GNR Tweeted some pics out. So did the co-founder of AOL, Steve Case, who cashed in his chips with them and left years ago. He's still on the Forbes billionaires list.

Wrong show, this is the Silver Springs topic ;)

I love how we've had a ton of positive reviews about the recent gigs, and one that slags the band off, Metal Sludge decide to repost.

I think that's what we call selective biased reporting.

Is this Gn'R month? That's the second guns-related article MS did about this band in Feb.

Actually this article is originally from the Washington Post. I'm amazed that a major publication would put in an article that is so completely full of biased hate. You don't have to know a goddamn thing about the band to see that he's just bitter and therefore wasn't able to critique the show objectively.

I ended up with hundreds of pics, but they were all taken with a first gen iPhone so it will take some time to weed out the scraps. I'll post a link in this thread when the full album is up.

Posted my album....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.595297193643.2068437.115201362&type=3&l=24672914b0

Ty very much for those! :D

I just love the lights this band is using... makes some pictures look even cooler rock4

Okay, sorry for the delayed post, bros. I wanted to add my experience to the thread.

This is the fifth show I've attended. I thought overall it was very good, and the setlist was awesome; the inclusion of Used to Love Her and You're Crazy was pretty cool.

The crowd was definitely digging the CD material (especially Sorry and Better).

I met a bunch of really cool people. I want to give a shout out to a dude I met who took a pic with Axl and spoke to him about the Black Hawk Down soundtrack after the House of Blues show in Vegas bas in 2001. If you are reading this, PM me.

All in all, it was a great show! The band was really tight and cohesive. Axl may have had some vocal problems early in the set, but his voice definitely adjusted, and got better as the night progressed.

Any articles that trashed this show are obviously serving some agenda, and I would give them no credence.

• 3 years later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/guns-n-roses-minus-the-heavy-artillery-at-fillmore-silver-spring/2012/02/24/gIQAE8rZYR_story.html

It wasn’t a rock concert. It was a hostage situation.

Where did these guys even find the gall to call themselves Guns N’ Roses? Led by the band’s only original member, frontman Axl Rose, this unfocused eight-man crew pranced and preened with the enthusiasm and talent of a tribute band. For three torturous hours, the guys sucked the life force from some of the most anthemic rock songs ever written — “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” “Paradise City” and “November Rain” among them.

To call it a train wreck wouldn’t be right. Train wrecks are fast and violent. This was like being stuck in gridlock traffic behind a garbage truck in August.

• Like 3