[SPOILER ALERT] Iron Maiden - Maiden England 2012 Tour

Powerage5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met Janick again tonight after the San Antonio gig! Missed Nicko by a couple mins. But got another picture with Janick and got a setlist signed. He was MUCH more talkative in the pub tonight too B)

Pic from last night:

418694_516923154990387_541057860_n.jpg

Janick likes Corona? I think I just lost a bit of respect for him. Awful beer.

Just kidding. That's awesome you met him again! Seems like a cool guy in person. :thumbsup:

Met Janick again tonight after the San Antonio gig! Missed Nicko by a couple mins. But got another picture with Janick and got a setlist signed. He was MUCH more talkative in the pub tonight too B)

Pic from last night:

418694_516923154990387_541057860_n.jpg

Janick likes Corona? I think I just lost a bit of respect for him. Awful beer.

Just kidding. That's awesome you met him again! Seems like a cool guy in person. :thumbsup:

I was surprised he drinks Corona too. Nicko drinks it like its water :lol:

Houston gig was incredible, and very special for me personally. Last night was my 30th gig, and 30 gigs is the numerical goal I set for myself on my Maiden bucket list so it was really big to cross that one off. Last night I got my second-ever stage used Maiden setlist and an Adrian Smith sweatband, last member I didn't have a sweatband from and it also made a full set from this tour! B)

That's awesome. Any other goals planned? 50 shows come next tour? ;)

Not next tour :lol: Next year will be tough because I'll be student teaching in Australia for 2 months and that'll cost a lot. I may luck out and have Maiden down there while I'm there though. Won't be able to do Florida next year unless it's extremely early or extremely late. Otherwise, I do a Few shows in Europe next summer wherever is looking cheap. Scandinavia might happen again because even though it's an expensive region, lots of people are willing to put us up. Then maybe I can cross off Russia too if the date lines up with Finland :)

But yea, I think I'll say 50 is my new numerical goal B)

The Dallas show was great. One of the best concerts I've ever been too. Bruce sounded fantastic and the whole band and crew put so much effort into giving you every pennies worth. I'll never miss Maiden when they come through my area from this point forth. Fantastic.

The Dallas show was great. One of the best concerts I've ever been too. Bruce sounded fantastic and the whole band and crew put so much effort into giving you every pennies worth. I'll never miss Maiden when they come through my area from this point forth. Fantastic.

Not to be argumentative, but I thought Dallas was one of the weaker shows of the tour. Band was kinda loose and obviously getting tired and Bruce blew his voice out big time at the end of Aces High. That said, a weak show on this tour still beats almost any other touring band on the best of nights. Other than that, I found the venue staff extremely rude. Only person working there that was remotely pleasant was the woman at the entrance to the Heineken tent at the main gate.

Houston was the most fun show of the tour for me, and the best shows performance-wise are close between Washington DC, Buffalo, and San Antonio.

If I had to rank my shows favorite to least favorite (performance and fun factor included), it'd be something like this:

1. Houston

2. Washington DC

3. Charlotte

4. Buffalo

5. San Antonio

6. Newark

7. Toronto

8. Philadelphia

9. Toronto

10. Wantagh

11. Dallas

12. Ottawa (Worst show performance-wise of the tour by a long shot)

13. Sarnia (Great performance, but the experience was ruined for a variety of other reasons. Luckily, it was the most fun after-party of the tour!)

Not to be argumentative, but I thought Dallas was one of the weaker shows of the tour. Band was kinda loose and obviously getting tired and Bruce blew his voice out big time at the end of Aces High. That said, a weak show on this tour still beats almost any other touring band on the best of nights. Other than that, I found the venue staff extremely rude. Only person working there that was remotely pleasant was the woman at the entrance to the Heineken tent at the main gate.

Houston was the most fun show of the tour for me, and the best shows performance-wise are close between Washington DC, Buffalo, and San Antonio.

If I had to rank my shows favorite to least favorite (performance and fun factor included), it'd be something like this:

1. Houston

2. Washington DC

3. Charlotte

4. Buffalo

5. San Antonio

6. Newark

7. Toronto

8. Philadelphia

9. Toronto

10. Wantagh

11. Dallas

13. Sarnia (Great performance, but the experience was ruined for a variety of other reasons. Luckily, it was the most fun after-party of the tour!)

Sorry to hear that Sarnia was a sub-par experience, but yes, the performance was insanely good, IMO.

1. Houston

2. Washington DC

3. Charlotte

4. Buffalo

5. San Antonio

6. Newark

7. Toronto

8. Philadelphia

9. Toronto

10. Wantagh

11. Dallas

Sorry to hear that Sarnia was a sub-par experience, but yes, the performance was insanely good, IMO.

Sarnia got ruined for me by some douchebaggery in the crowd, and the logistics of the festival. During Alice's set when the streamers shot off, someone behind me went to grab some of them but pulled both ends of a wad of them that was wrapped around my neck. Pulled on them so hard that I was dragged to the ground and literally couldn't breathe for a few seconds. He took off before I even knew what happened. Logistically, the festival seemed to be an unorganized mess. We'd originally bought GA tickets. Then we were explicitly told when we called trying to add a third ticket to our order that the only way to get to the front was to have licensed VIP - not true as the unlicensed VIP also had barrier access, and for $30 cheaper. We ended up spending $90 we didn't need to spend, only to end up going on the unlicensed side anyways after the streamer incident. Like I said though - the after party MORE than made up for the time we had at the gig. Don't remember the name, but we went to the Irish pub across the street right on the lake with about 30 other FC members, and we had a room all to ourselves. We made a long table out of all the tables in it, so wide that the only way to get out of the room was to crawl under it. Eventually, we hung all of our flags on the wall of the room too, it was a great night B)

Here's a couple of my full stage pictures from Ottawa...I was really happy with them and thought you guys might want to see them too:

304759_414354628626776_149035859_n.jpg

539242_414354668626772_1667149232_n.jpg

431121_414354748626764_1235622530_n.jpg

539489_414354818626757_18139761_n.jpg

559003_414356218626617_1944819090_n.jpg

539051_414354845293421_2097160856_n.jpg

I've got more from this gig, but lets face it...the pyro ones are most exciting :P

Yeah, it can be quite a mess, that's for sure. I've been before so it's all normal to me. But that does sound like a less-than-pleasant experience, so that's really too bad. Glad the afterparty was a success though haha.

Awesome shots of the Ottawa gig, though. Really well done!

Yeah, it can be quite a mess, that's for sure. I've been before so it's all normal to me. But that does sound like a less-than-pleasant experience, so that's really too bad. Glad the afterparty was a success though haha.

Its a shame, because the performance was so good with it being somewhere they'd never been before and whatnot. And I firmly believe that was the best Bruce sounded the whole tour...still can't believe how long he held that last note in Seventh Son for! :shocked:

Its a shame, because the performance was so good with it being somewhere they'd never been before and whatnot. And I firmly believe that was the best Bruce sounded the whole tour...still can't believe how long he held that last note in Seventh Son for! :shocked:

I remember I was singing along with him and I couldn't hold the notes like he could haha. He was on fire that night. I saw them in Toronto a couple of years ago and I thought he was perfect then, but his performance in Sarnia was on a whole other level!