[SPOILER ALERT] Iron Maiden - Maiden England 2012 Tour

Powerage5

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I can confirm there are no online-only memberships any longer. They've decided to cut the online memberships to go along with their paperless ticket initiative; too many scalpers were joining the IMOC just to get presale codes. I don't see how this will make much of a difference to be honest, the scalpers have their ways around the paperless system, and they'll still be ahead even paying $40 for a FC membership :rolleyes:

Sorry about the misinformation.

Okay, I can confirm there are no online-only memberships any longer. They've decided to cut the online memberships to go along with their paperless ticket initiative; too many scalpers were joining the IMOC just to get presale codes. I don't see how this will make much of a difference to be honest, the scalpers have their ways around the paperless system, and they'll still be ahead even paying $40 for a FC membership :rolleyes:

No probs man...at least it's clarified now.

Thanks for the Full Member info.

I'm considering it...not sure though.

No probs man...at least it's clarified now.

Thanks for the Full Member info.

I'm considering it...not sure though.

I definitely think it's worth it personally...all the contests are a nice perk to begin with, and if you enjoy supplemental stuff, the FC mags and IMTV really make the price worth it.

I wonder if Alice will be doing a full set??

Probably not, he did an hour last year at the handful of European gigs he opened. I wish they could start it a bit earlier so he could do his full set, because I usually end up complainign about his set when it's abbreviated :lol:

I wonder if Alice will be doing a full set??

Probably not, he did an hour last year at the handful of European gigs he opened. I wish they could start it a bit earlier so he could do his full set, because I usually end up complainign about his set when it's abbreviated :lol:

Bummer...ah well...it's still a hell of an opening act! :tongue2:

Iron Maiden Plans "The Least Of The Beast" 2013 Tour; Will Play All Songs People Hate

"The greatest band in the known universe is about to reinvent the idea of a tour. After Iron Maiden concludes their highly awaited “Maiden England 2012 Tour” they plan to go back out on the road and play the worst songs from their nearly 35 year catalogue. According to singer Bruce Dickinson, “Iron Maiden has always been on the cutting edge of heavy metal. What is more cutting edge then making people pay 85 dollars to see a bunch of songs that they can’t stand?!?”

Maiden plans to dust off some of the most cringe inducing songs from their catalog including Weekend Warrior, Holy Smoke, Chains of Misery, 2 AM, The Apparition and Blood On The World’s Hands. They plan to open with Hooks in You, a song so bad that it has been linked to the self-immolation of 12 monks over the past 5 years. In the hopes to incite the audience into riot-like fits of rage they plan on playing Sheriff of Huddersfield, Roll Over Vic Vella and Nodding Donkey Blues, three b-sides they have never bothered to play live before. They plan on closing the set with Bring Your Daughter…To The Slaughter, the song that won them the Razzie for Worst Song from a Movie in 1989 (from A Nightmare on Elm Street: Part 5).

In keeping with their more “progressive” recent style of song writing, they plan to keep every song to a minimum of eight minutes long. Instead of adding intricate soloing or creating a novel new arrangement, they will simply repeat the same chorus over and over for five additional minutes per song. If the audience has not ingested full vats of cyanide laced Kool-Aid by the middle of the show, the 19-minute version of The Angel and The Gambler should push them over the edge.

What could possibly top that setlist? How about an encore where they play the entire new Final Frontier album. Twice. Along with a 12-minute Bruce Dickinson monologue about the joys of flying backed by Janick Gers playing harmonica. It should be a night few will soon forget.

The band plans on releasing a Least of The Beast album featuring their worst songs in tandem with the tour. They also will be releasing six new DVDs in the next year, including Bus 666 disc detailing the bands trip through Central Florida on a Greyhound Bus back in 1981 and Meal 666, where the audience can have the rare treat of watching Bruce Dickinson eat a steak dinner. Nap 666, featuring Dave Murray sleeping for two hours, is scheduled for release in 2014."

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2012/02/22/iron-maiden-plans-the-least-of-the-beast-2013-tour-will-play-all-songs-people-hate/

Iron Maiden Plans "The Least Of The Beast" 2013 Tour; Will Play All Songs People Hate

"The greatest band in the known universe is about to reinvent the idea of a tour. After Iron Maiden concludes their highly awaited “Maiden England 2012 Tour” they plan to go back out on the road and play the worst songs from their nearly 35 year catalogue. According to singer Bruce Dickinson, “Iron Maiden has always been on the cutting edge of heavy metal. What is more cutting edge then making people pay 85 dollars to see a bunch of songs that they can’t stand?!?”

Maiden plans to dust off some of the most cringe inducing songs from their catalog including Weekend Warrior, Holy Smoke, Chains of Misery, 2 AM, The Apparition and Blood On The World’s Hands. They plan to open with Hooks in You, a song so bad that it has been linked to the self-immolation of 12 monks over the past 5 years. In the hopes to incite the audience into riot-like fits of rage they plan on playing Sheriff of Huddersfield, Roll Over Vic Vella and Nodding Donkey Blues, three b-sides they have never bothered to play live before. They plan on closing the set with Bring Your Daughter…To The Slaughter, the song that won them the Razzie for Worst Song from a Movie in 1989 (from A Nightmare on Elm Street: Part 5).

In keeping with their more “progressive” recent style of song writing, they plan to keep every song to a minimum of eight minutes long. Instead of adding intricate soloing or creating a novel new arrangement, they will simply repeat the same chorus over and over for five additional minutes per song. If the audience has not ingested full vats of cyanide laced Kool-Aid by the middle of the show, the 19-minute version of The Angel and The Gambler should push them over the edge.

What could possibly top that setlist? How about an encore where they play the entire new Final Frontier album. Twice. Along with a 12-minute Bruce Dickinson monologue about the joys of flying backed by Janick Gers playing harmonica. It should be a night few will soon forget.

The band plans on releasing a Least of The Beast album featuring their worst songs in tandem with the tour. They also will be releasing six new DVDs in the next year, including Bus 666 disc detailing the bands trip through Central Florida on a Greyhound Bus back in 1981 and Meal 666, where the audience can have the rare treat of watching Bruce Dickinson eat a steak dinner. Nap 666, featuring Dave Murray sleeping for two hours, is scheduled for release in 2014."

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2012/02/22/iron-maiden-plans-the-least-of-the-beast-2013-tour-will-play-all-songs-people-hate/

:lol:

Quest For Fire immediately came to mind.

The stage theme could be the Jurassic era.

Maybe a caveman Eddie with a big bloody club.

:lol:

Quest For Fire immediately came to mind.

The stage theme could be the Jurassic era.

Maybe a caveman Eddie with a big bloody club.

Yea, Quest For Fire is definitely a clunker. The ideal song for that tour would have to be The Angel & The Gambler though... :vomit:

Edited by Powerage5

You know what'd be awesome if they ever played it? Reach Out. I think Adrian has done it on his own some time

It was played at the 2 Whole Population Of Hackney gigs in 1985. Audio from one of those:

Same here...I really like about half of No Prayer, but half of it is just dreadfully bad.

This reminds me, if they bust out Tailgunner or Mother Russia, I will implode.

Not gonna happen this tour, but I'd love to see Tailgunner live. If they play anything post-1988, it will (Unfortunately) be Fear Of The Dark...

You know what'd be awesome if they ever played it? Reach Out. I think Adrian has done it on his own some time

It was played at the 2 Whole Population Of Hackney gigs in 1985. Audio from one of those:

Same here...I really like about half of No Prayer, but half of it is just dreadfully bad.

Not gonna happen this tour, but I'd love to see Tailgunner live. If they play anything post-1988, it will (Unfortunately) be Fear Of The Dark...

I figured it would be just a dream haha.

Damn...an implotion at a Maiden gig would have been cool as fuck!!

Damn...an implotion at a Maiden gig would have been cool as fuck!!

I'd be the most metal person there! Hahah.

I really like No Prayer and Fear of the Dark. Only a small handful of songs altogether from the era I dislike, although the production is pretty awful. I wonder if they'll tour it, though. This era and the Blaze era are rather unpopular (unfortunately since I love the Blaze era).

I imagine they'll do one to fit in with the Donnington 1992 DVD release (whenever they do that) and probably tour for the whole 90's period alongside that.

Speaking of Blaze, he has a new solo album out soon, if his other ones are anything to go by, it should be awesome!

How many official ones are there?? :confused:

Live At The Rainbow (Included on The Early Days)

Behind The Iron Curtain (Included on Live After Death DVD)

Live After Death

Maiden England (No DVD release yet)

Live At Donington '92 (No DVD release yet)

Raising Hell

Rock In Rio

Death On The Road

Flight 666

En Vivo!

These are only the live videos, there were others that were promo video compilations, etc. There were/are also DVD's planned for the Early Days and A Matter Of Life And Death tours. The Early Days DVD would assumedly be the Ullevi Stadium gig (There's already a really nice proshot of this circulating, it was broadcast live on TV), and the AMOLAD video will be Donington '07. The Early Days DVD was "announced" at the end of Death On The Road; the end of the documentary had a text frame that said "If you missed Iron Maiden on the road this Summer, you'll just have to wait for the next DVD" (Paraphrased). The Donington '07 DVD may very well have been scrapped; it was one of the loosest shows since Bruce and Adrian rejoined, with all sorts of technical issues, performance issues, and crowd issues (The band got pelted with eggs at the beginning of the show). Additionally, they only did half of AMOLAD live on the 2007 leg, and a lot of people have expressed disinterest in an AMOLAD DVD unless it contains the full album live.

Edited by Powerage5