[SPOILER ALERT] Iron Maiden - Maiden England 2012 Tour

Powerage5

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must not have been designated driver for this one. :tongue2:

Honestly though...I really don't go in for excessive drinking at shows.I learned that lesson at a very young age (got thrown out of a concert by a cop who saw me stagger...had to convince a roadie at a side door to let me back in...true story :tongue2: ).

All I remember about the show is convincing a friend to switch jackets with me so the cop wouldn't recognize me. :lol:

What happened was a friend stole a bottle of his Dad's Jack Daniels and we drank it behind the venue.

I was so upset in the following days,over the fact that I really couldn't remember very much about the show.

But now,a beer or two,maybe a little "recreational" (not so much these days...at shows).

If I'm going to a show alone because no one else wants to go,or it's my turn as designated driver..or have to work the next day,I don't drink at all.

But to get blind stinking drunk and forget everything about a show you've most likely paid over a hundred bucks to see..it just seems pointless.

But the Maiden gig...I recall it was a hot August day,and the cold beer was tasting mighty fine. :)

• 3 weeks later...

*yawn* They won't be the worst opener I've ever seen for Maiden believe it or not. Black Tide last year in Florida will be just about impossible to top...

what about Steve's kid?

Not as bad as Black Tide. Black Tide will remain the worst, if only because of their disrespect to the crowd in Ft. Lauderdale.

*yawn* They won't be the worst opener I've ever seen for Maiden believe it or not. Black Tide last year in Florida will be just about impossible to top...

what about Steve's kid?

Not as bad as Black Tide. Black Tide will remain the worst, if only because of their disrespect to the crowd in Ft. Lauderdale.

What happened? I actually enjoy a few of the songs from their first album...

what about Steve's kid?

Well, they were getting a pretty bad response right from the get-go in Ft. Lauderdale. At one point they tried to do a wall of death, and trying to get a Maiden crowd to budge from the spots they've picked in the GA area is bound to go over bad. Crowd started booing after that, and the bassist said into his mic "Okay, fuck you guys too!". It just went downhill from there, I've never seen a band take so much flak as an opener. People were throwing shit and everything (Which I normally wouldn't condone, but in all fairness...they were kind of asking for it :shrugs: ). By the end of their set, the whole arena was booing so loudly you could barely hear the band, even right at the barrier. So after they're done, they threw out a few boxes worth of their CD's to the crowd, and probably at least 100 of them ended up back onstage. Ash (One of Maiden's crew) was down front right near us, he got a huge kick out of when that happened!

They were a lot more respectful the next night in Tampa, but equally shitty.

what about Steve's kid?

Well, they were getting a pretty bad response right from the get-go in Ft. Lauderdale. At one point they tried to do a wall of death, and trying to get a Maiden crowd to budge from the spots they've picked in the GA area is bound to go over bad. Crowd started booing after that, and the bassist said into his mic "Okay, fuck you guys too!". It just went downhill from there, I've never seen a band take so much flak as an opener. People were throwing shit and everything (Which I normally wouldn't condone, but in all fairness...they were kind of asking for it :shrugs: ). By the end of their set, the whole arena was booing so loudly you could barely hear the band, even right at the barrier. So after they're done, they threw out a few boxes worth of their CD's to the crowd, and probably at least 100 of them ended up back onstage. Ash (One of Maiden's crew) was down front right near us, he got a huge kick out of when that happened!

They were a lot more respectful the next night in Tampa, but equally shitty.

Wow, that sucks! Too bad, Shockwave and Shout are pretty nice songs, IMO. But I would't really mind the opener if I'm off to see maiden! This tour is bound to be historic! From what I've heard, it's gonna be completely inspired in Maiden England, and that's a hell of concert video!! Hope they make a similar stage to that one!

FUCK! As luck would have it, Dick Dale (Who, for those of you who don't know is my single favorite musician of all time) has a show here in Rochester the same day as the Toronto gig. Next closest east coast Dick Dale show that isn't while I'm on the road is in West Virginia...

• 3 weeks later...

Another gig got added, in Ottawa on July 7th. I'll be there, bringing my total count to 13 this year. That also means Houston will be my 30th Maiden gig!!! :D 30 was the goal I set for myself a few Summers ago when we started getting really serious about Maiden gigs, and I never imagined I'd hit it so soon. Time to shoot for 40, eh?

can I just say how weird it is to see Ottawa, Toronto, and Sarnia on a US flag?

I know what you mean, it's just what FC members all do, make a custom flag for their country with all their shows for that year on it. I Designed one today also for one of our friends from Sweden, it looks equally weird to see North American cities on a Swedish flag :P

Flag looks great p5! :)

So...when does setlist info leak?

Before tour starts or after the first show??

Definitely not before-hand. Someone might post it to the IMFC the night of the first show if they see it before the gig (It's at the soundboard and on Bruce's monitors from before the venue opens), but it's definite no one will know it before that day. I plan on creating a spoiler topic like we have for VH, and may or may not be updating it in real-time from the Charlotte gig. If I don't update in real-time, I'll post it immediately after the gig though ;)

Cool!

I think I asked this before,but...what's Maiden's photo/filming policy like?

Venue policy is what goes. That goes for audio as well.

Shit...

The Molson Amphitheatre searches can be brutal...not to mention enforcement.

Well,if I get the device in,it'll be audio only I guess.

Cool!

I think I asked this before,but...what's Maiden's photo/filming policy like?

Venue policy is what goes. That goes for audio as well.

Shit...

The Molson Amphitheatre searches can be brutal...not to mention enforcement.

Well,if I get the device in,it'll be audio only I guess.

Yea, I always dread security at the Molson. It's one of those "You can't take it in, but if you get it in we don't care" venues.

• 1 month later...