Sign in to follow this  
lukepowell1988

Is this ANOTHER Chinese democracy tour?

This euro tour I was wondering if it is offically called the Chinese democracy tour?

The up close and personal tour would sound better than chinese once again

This euro tour I was wondering if it is offically called the Chinese democracy tour?

It's so hard to tell, I think all GnR tours from now till the end will be essentially the same tour.

They're on the equivalent of Bob Dylan's Never-Ending Tour, which he's been doing since the mid-90s

They're on the equivalent of Bob Dylan's Never-Ending Tour, which he's been doing since the mid-90s

except GNR plays the same 20 songs night after night, whereas dylan rotates between literally hundreds of songs.

It's not called that but the setlist is exactly the same so of course it is the same tour...

Used to Love Her, My Michelle, You're Crazy? It's been shaken up a bit.

99% of the people at any show just go to that one show. We who follow every single show and demand constant setlist changes because we get bored of seeing the same thing each time are a tiny minority, and the band's focus will be on pleasing he majority.

Edited by Flayer

and the band's focus will be on pleasing he majority.

LOL just who is the majority. I love GNR, but this band is really a joke to most people. I'm actually embarrassed to tell people I like GNR. I think it's time the band stops being a travelling jukebox aimed at pleasing non-existent casual fans, and release some new fucking music for the hardcore fans who have been the only people supporting them for the last 20 years.

Exactly : if the majority are such great fans of Axl and the band, surely they wouldn't mind hearing some new music right ?

Or maybe Axl understands that the majority only come to the shows for the nostalgia factor and he gives them exactly what they want because he doesn't mind GnR being a nostalgia act.

It's not called that but the setlist is exactly the same so of course it is the same tour...

Used to Love Her, My Michelle, You're Crazy? It's been shaken up a bit.

99% of the people at any show just go to that one show. We who follow every single show and demand constant setlist changes because we get bored of seeing the same thing each time are a tiny minority, and the band's focus will be on pleasing he majority.

Then why do they play post-1994 songs?

Dizzy said they're going to try to "get some material together" after the theater run. So if that actually happens, then great. However, if the upcoming European arena tour turns out to be just another extension of the 2010/2011 arena tours, I think a lot fans, myself included, are going to be extremely disappointed.

They've been touring on and off in support of Chinese Democracy for over a decade now. If they're not going to introduce something new now...Then when??

:question:

Edited by sofine11

It's so hard to tell, I think all GnR tours from now till the end will be essentially the same tour.

Sadly. Adding some older songs that were already played some years/months ago won't do it for me. If people are cool with only a handful of good to average songs being played again that's their problem. I want to hear Prostitute, Catcher, TWAT, OMG, Scraped, Riad, I.R.S., ITW... that's right, they're playing half of their most recent album night after night. On the other hand, they're playing 75% of their first album almost everyday. I'd agree that it is kind of a nostalgia act and it is sad as hell considering that his band could play anything he'd like to play.

Edited by Bruno Poeys