OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

http://rockhall.com/ 4/14/12 Time TBD

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum‎

1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard

Cleveland, OH 44114

(216) 781-7625

9jzptd.jpg

It would be cool to see whos actually going, i am going, i am driving by myself from Chicago. ALL near hotels have been sold out for a while, i bought a room last month @

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown

1100 Carnegie Ave, Cleveland, OH 1.1 mi SE

(216) 658-6400 ‎

That was the closest about a mile away, hoping members that are going can meet up before hand and set something up, i heard alot of the bands hang at The Ritz Carlton, so i plan on going there for sure...See ya there! Also, i will be in Section 54, Row L.

*Gunsguy edit* for the people who missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPlclqWeRw&feature=player_embedded

142910553.jpg

phpN0ZBBuguns-n-roses.jpg

Edited by gunsguy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm section 44 or 48, I don't remember. I bought two, but a buddy of mine has four, so I might see if I can bum two and get better seats if I can. His sister works for some ticketing thing here so he got them pretty quick and for cheap.

No hotel here, as I live about 35 minutes away.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

Blew the money I'd set aside to do the RNRHOF on the Terminal 5/Ritz shows, and now I'm seeing Tommy solo on the same day as the induction. I'm happy with my decisions :)

Best of luck to anyone still looking for tickets/hotels though. Never had a bad experience in a hotel in Cleveland other than when I stayed in an Econolodge outside downtown. Should have known it'd be sketchy from the barbed wire fence around the parking lot... <_<

Edited by Powerage5

Blew the money I'd set aside to do the RNRHOF on the Terminal 5/Ritz shows, and now I'm seeing Tommy solo on the same day as the induction. I'm happy with my decisions :)

Best of luck to anyone still looking for tickets/hotels though. Never had a bad experience in a hotel in Cleveland other than when I stayed in an Econolodge outside downtown. Should have known it'd be sketchy from the barbed wire fence around the parking lot... <_<

Probably lucky you left with both kidneys, unless...

Nah, it's not that bad. Sketchy hotels/motels are sketchy everywhere. Pretty sure the room I saw in San Diego had blood stains on the carpet. I got my money back and stayed elsewhere.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

Wished I could go...

Might be useful to put the date/time in the first post...

Is the date really necessary? And the time and schedule is still unknown actually,

im curious as if they will be selling alcohol during the whole ceremony, i would assume so, but i have never been there before.

Also, i was told it holds about 11,000 people, but with all the tables and stuff setup maybe 10,000

Edited by Birk

Cheers to all you lucky folks that are going. Guns, Chili peppers, and Beasties should be pretty fun. Who is gonna do the updates?

I would sell a kidney to see the show if the orignal line up were playing but, if as seems likely, they are not I will give it a miss.

Really hope that I don't end up regretting it, actually scratch that I hope they play even if I'm not there just so long as there is same A grade video :-)

most likely going, making a trip from 9 hours away, if I hear certain things that some members will definitely not be attending and there is no chance for a mini reunion I will probably be motivated to sell my tickets, other then that I am going

most likely going, making a trip from 9 hours away, if I hear certain things that some members will definitely not be attending and there is no chance for a mini reunion I will probably be motivated to sell my tickets, other then that I am going

I may do the same, and i could use the money i paid alot but we will see what happens, i just bought a house lol

I'm doing a 9-hour drive myself, staying at a hotel near the airport and taking in everything - the free concert on Thursday, Duff's HOB event on Friday, and the induction on Saturday. Even if there is no performance by GNR, just seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage will be memorable. And there will be so many great musicians in attendance, the closing jam alone will be worth the trip.

This jam from 2004 is one of my favorites, it can't get more bad ass than Prince turning and walking away immediately after throwing his guitar straight in the air ... and the thing never came down. For those that are interested, the closing guitar solo begins around the 3:30 mark.

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence

I'm doing a 9-hour drive myself, staying at a hotel near the airport and taking in everything - the free concert on Thursday, Duff's HOB event on Friday, and the induction on Saturday. Even if there is no performance by GNR, just seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage will be memorable. And there will be so many great musicians in attendance, the closing jam alone will be worth the trip.

This jam from 2004 is one of my favorites, it can't get more bad ass than Prince turning and walking away immediately after throwing his guitar straight in the air ... and the thing never came down. For those that are interested, the closing guitar solo begins around the 3:30 PM start.

that video never gets less epic.

http://ktar.com/38/1513665/Slash-mum-on-Guns-N-Roses-reunion-

The million-selling hard rock group enters the Rock Hall in Cleveland on April 14, an event at which honored acts often perform as part of the celebration. But the group's original lineup fell apart in 1996, so fans hoping to see the band reunite may be disappointed.

"It's definitely an honor and I have no idea what's going to happen on that day," Slash told The Associated Press in an interview. "It's more like going into it with blinders on and just see what happens."

Just the same ol' same ol' <_<

Don't you think they would want it to be a surprise thats why they keep having the same answers on it whenever they get asked that question.

They hardly talk about it. They give a couple answers and that's it. No one knows what's going to happen.

I don't know. I think Axl's dream is to reunite the old band -- including there Izzy, Slash AND Gilby -- and mix them with the new band, cause the present Axl's philosophy is: "The more I have guitars, louder will be the noise, so no one will notice my Mickey Mouse voice".

nvbb42.jpg

I think they don't want to comment on it because they are not sure it will happen or not. Maybe they have talked or maybe not. I figure why get our hopes up too much. If it is meant to be it will happen. Better to be a surprise if it is going to happen.

Edited by rocker rockstar

If they *all* show up, i guess it'll be a 'hello, thank you, and good bye..' - for an award that is all about past success.

If the curtain went up, and revealed a drum kit etc and the band performed some songs - the audience would go wild :D

Edited by vaida

I think the best chance of something happening at the hof is with all the members going in with the "see what happens" attitude.....I think trying to arrange something beforehand could cause some problems. However i hope the hof could accomodate a spur of the moment type thing.

Obviously talks have taken place. Perhaps even Axl and Slash have spoken, but they just can't speak about stuff that high natured to the public/media when nothing is certain, and to remain that secrecy about it.

There is obviously a lot of money involved and each band member is being advised on what to do/what to say down to the smallest detail.

Edited by Axl_morris

Don't you think they would want it to be a surprise thats why they keep having the same answers on it whenever they get asked that question.

For the optimists, this I give:

1) None of the inductees has said they are NOT going to perform. If there was no possibility, they would have said so.

2) They all know if they take the stage completely by surprise, there won't be a dry pair of pants in the audience.

3) Duff WILL be performing the night before at the House of Blues. Does anybody really think, with all the original members probably in town by then, that they would all refuse to join him? Think about it. Why isn't Slash, Axl or any other GNR inductee doing their own show that night? Why just Duff? He is the most liked member of the band, I expect some if not most of the others to join him for a few songs ... kinda like a practice session.

4) It's always better to not announce in advance. That way it gives everyone the opportunity to change their mind, back out if they get into an argument or aren't feeling well or whatever.

Now I'm by no means predicting they will perform at the induction, all I'm saying is there's plenty of reason to believe there's a chance they will.