OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I think it is really lame how some critique every single performance that pops up on the Internet. Most recently w people saying "slash missed 3 notes at the hall of fame," but also all of Axl and the new bands performances. It's rock n roll! But those people pointing out every missed note are like sportscasters going to instant replay to point out a qb overthrowing a receiver. Rock should be raw, not note by note perfect, and thank god for that. Go back to any Zeppelin concert and tell me if page or plant are note for note perfect. They aren't and it's awesome. Axl n slash n dj n Conrad Bain all aren't note for note perfect, and that's f'n rock n roll baby!

That's right.

And while music should bring people together, that's obviously not the case here.

Just messing up a few times is kinda good of Slash, I remember back in the days he used to mess up all the time. Really sloppy playing. But back then he had some originality and genius creativity, at least, so it was okay.

All the time? :rofl-lol: It's funny to see your failed attempts to criticize a 27-year-old guy so fucked up on drugs and alcohol, running around like crazy for 2+ hours trying to play a guitar. He still put a great show back in the day. If you don't play guitar, then shut up.

I do play guitar. But even if I didn't I would still say the following:

I didn't mean literally all the time, that is not what that expression means ;). And the entertainment value of Guns in 1988 was, to me, higher than Guns in 2012, despite the band, Slash included, being sloppy. I am happy to see that he now plays more consistent, although his creativity and innovativeness when it comes to guitar playing and riff making, is sadly missed by me.

Most of the famous blues based guitarists were 'sloppy'. Just look at jimmy page during led zeppelin shows. Hell, you can even hear him miss notes in guitar solos on their records. The bands even off beat during black dog. Does it take away from enjoying the music? No. It's rock n roll, not classical. It's not always about playing your instruments flawlessly. All musicians mess up sometimes.

Damn, I finally broke down and subjected myself to these "performances". My eardrums still haven't forgiven me.

I guess I'll stick with the new band and a singer that couldn't sound that shitty on his worst day.

I was really surprised to see Slash fuck up SCOM though, looks like the drugs weren't the things effecting his performance 20 years ago.

He did an A+ job of making DJ look decent. I don't think that was his intention, but I never thought that would be possible either. :shrugs:

Oh well, like the song says, "I already left you and you're better off left behind".

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

He messed up twice. There's no way in hell that I'm listening to it again to find the exact times for you, but if you like it, feel free. They're kind of hard not to notice.

OMG he missed 2 notes or "messed up twice"? Seriously this bothers you...can you sleep at night? Does Axl's current band ever mess up? Does he (well, we all know he NEVER messes anything up).

He wrote the song, he's played it every chance he's gotten for the last 25 years, he's not fucked up and running around.

Yeah, twice is pretty bad for what I expect from someone of Slash's caliber.

Damn, I finally broke down and subjected myself to these "performances". My eardrums still haven't forgiven me.

I guess I'll stick with the new band and a singer that couldn't sound that shitty on his worst day.

I was really surprised to see Slash fuck up SCOM though, looks like the drugs weren't the things effecting his performance 20 years ago.

He did an A+ job of making DJ look decent. I don't think that was his intention, but I never thought that would be possible either. :shrugs:

Oh well, like the song says, "I already left you and you're better off left behind".

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

He messed up twice. There's no way in hell that I'm listening to it again to find the exact times for you, but if you like it, feel free. They're kind of hard not to notice.

OMG he missed 2 notes or "messed up twice"? Seriously this bothers you...can you sleep at night? Does Axl's current band ever mess up? Does he (well, we all know he NEVER messes anything up).

He wrote the song, he's played it every chance he's gotten for the last 25 years, he's not fucked up and running around.

i wonder what you think of axl's performance since 2001.

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

01-02 Sucked.

06 Pretty damn good.

10 Fucking great.

11 Not as bad as 01-02, but not that great.

12 For the last half of the UCAP tour he was back to pretty damn good.

Satisfied?

What is with the over-analyzing of the "mistakes" Slash made at the HOF?

It's not like he made any glaring mistakes, just one or two minor errors that for me did not effect my perception of the overall performance. It happens - nobody is free from stuff like that regardless if it is Axl, Slash, Jimmy Page, Hendrix, etc.

All in all it sounded fine to me :shrugs:

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

01-02 Sucked.

06 Pretty damn good.

10 Fucking great.

Satisfied?

not what i expected from a guy with axl's caliber.

What is with the over-analyzing of the "mistakes" Slash made at the HOF?

It's not like he made any glaring mistakes, just one or two minor errors that for me did not effect my perception of the overall performance. It happens - nobody is free from stuff like that regardless if it is Axl, Slash, Jimmy Page, Hendrix, etc.

All in all it sounded fine to me :shrugs:

+1

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

01-02 Sucked.

06 Pretty damn good.

10 Fucking great.

Satisfied?

You do realise that vocals are a completely different situation than guitars right?

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

01-02 Sucked.

06 Pretty damn good.

10 Fucking great.

Satisfied?

You do realise that vocals are a completely different situation than guitars right?

yeah yeah, not worth discussing with a person like you, enjoy your world where missing two notes in a solo is a complete disaster but losing the power of your voice is ok. good night.

Edited by maynard

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

01-02 Sucked.

06 Pretty damn good.

10 Fucking great.

Satisfied?

yeah yeah, not worth discussing with a person like you, enjoy your world where missing two notes in a solo is a complete disaster but losing the power of your voice is ok. good night.

I would take this time to remind you not to reply to me in the future. Especially when you have proven yourself to be incapable of any reasonable debate. Enjoy crying in your milk over a dead band.

Good night.

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

01-02 Sucked.

06 Pretty damn good.

10 Fucking great.

Satisfied?

So why are you comparing the two? Do you think that singing is harder than playing the guitar or vice versa?

I would take this time to remind you not to reply to me in the future. Especially when you have proven yourself to be incapable of any reasonable debate. Enjoy crying in your milk over a dead band.

Good night.

Why bother arguing with someone as close minded and biased as you? You hold Slash to a standard where he has to play every note to perfection, but Axl can just let his voice go to shit and it's alright. Yeah, guitar playing and singing are two different things, but there are many things you can do to keep your voice in peak shape that Axl clearly doesn't bother to do. Those two missed notes, which by the way you probably can't even point out, are definitely far more glaring than oh say, Axl lettings his voice go to shit then forgetting entire lines to November Rain in front of the largest crowd imaginable.

Isn't that what the Slash fanboys and Axl haters criticize the current band for? That they don't play the music like the old band did

That is different, that is regarding interpretation of notes for the most part, not necessarily just the concept of hitting the right notes at the right time at a live setting

So to answer that question, no.

Edit: After seeing some of your other posts it is very clear that you are a banned member so I do not expect any serious posts (or at the very least least rational ones)

Edited by WhazUp

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

01-02 Sucked.

06 Pretty damn good.

10 Fucking great.

Satisfied?

So why are you comparing the two? Do you think that singing is harder than playing the guitar or vice versa?

I wasn't comparing the two. Where did you pull that from?

Since you want me to though, guitarists normally get better with age. Since vocal chords are part of a human body, they are succeptable to a far larger amount of outside influences than a guitar.

This shouldn't even need explaining.

Isn't that what the Slash fanboys and Axl haters criticize the current band for? That they don't play the music like the old band did

That is different, that is regarding interpretation of notes for the most part, not necessarily just the concept of hitting the right notes at the right time at a live setting

So to answer that question, no.

Edit: After seeing some of your other posts it is very clear that you are a banned member so I do not expect any serious posts (or at the very least least rational ones)

Copy that, You are right on the money.

Good night.

Why bother arguing with someone as close minded and biased as you? You hold Slash to a standard where he has to play every note to perfection, but Axl can just let his voice go to shit and it's alright. Yeah, guitar playing and singing are two different things, but there are many things you can do to keep your voice in peak shape that Axl clearly doesn't bother to do. Those two missed notes, which by the way you probably can't even point out, are definitely far more glaring than oh say, Axl lettings his voice go to shit then forgetting entire lines to November Rain in front of the largest crowd imaginable.

What is with you silly little Slash fans and reading shit in to things that aren't there? You all do it constantly, and quite frankly, it's stupid.

Where did you see me sticking up for Axl anywhere about not taking care of himself?

Find it, I'll wait here.

Good night.

What is with you silly little Slash fans and reading shit in to things that aren't there? You all do it constantly, and quite frankly, it's stupid.

Where did you see me sticking up for Axl anywhere about not taking care of himself?

Find it, I'll wait here.

You may be waiting a while,let's make a joke."How many Slash fans does it take to make shit up?"

Good night.

Find it, I'll wait here.

You may be waiting a while,let's make a joke."How many Slash fans does it take to make shit up?"

1, but they've all mastered the art. Slash would be proud.

Good night.

Find it, I'll wait here.

When you started comparing vocals and guitar playing it is heavily implied that you are backing Axl. You can't just make a statement and pretend it didn't happen. Unless you are trolling, which I'm almost convinced nearly everyone who prefer nu guns is doing.

Good night.

Find it, I'll wait here.

1, but they've all mastered the art. Slash would be proud.

Yup, they all carry a "Official Slash K-Y jelly" to pull things out of their lower colon. :lol: