OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

Presuming they all show up, if they don't do a song I'll feel kind of bad for the people who spent somewhere around the $1000 mark for a ticket from StubHub (or another site like that) because they were banking on a reunion. Well, I'll feel bad, but at the same time kind of laugh because it'd be their own fault. If something was confirmed it'd be a different story, but with the way things are sounding, it could be train wreck. I'm hoping for the best for the actual ceremony, and I'm hoping people are smart enough not to spend $1000 on a ticket in the hope of a reunion. Unless of course they really want to be there for anything. :lol:

It's a tough situation though. I really wish all parties involved would talk so something could be announced for certain. I know that won't happen though. I guess we'll find out on the 14th. :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl doesn't owe you (or anyone) one goddamned thing.

Odd. Because most singers and musicians always thank the fans and say things like "without your support, we wouldn't be where we are today."

But not Axl?

Ok, sure. You are so rock-n-roll and badass.(Axl4prez)

I love it when people say "so and so doesn't owe us anything"

Bullshit!

Axl, Slash the whole band owe us.

Without US they wouldn't have a dollar. Nobody would even know them.

You are only as famous as your fans allow you to be. If none of us bought their records in the 80s/90s nobody woulda given a shit about them.

We are the ones paying Axl's bills. Nobody cares about them anymore but we keep going to their concerts, buying chinese democracy etc.

I went to both Australia Adelaide shows. I bought Chinese Democracy. Nobody knew they were still even around or had a new album coming out.

Axl us all us fans. We gave them our lives.

They can at least get to together for 1 night and show us some goddam appreciation. Don't blame Izzy. Ill be happy with just Axl, Duff and Slash.

Come on Axl you said back in December you understand how it means a lot to the fans and didnt' wanna be seen as the bad guy. Pull this off and you will look like a hero.

PLEASE

Wowza, I love Guns N Roses, the 2001 and on version much more than earlier, that's why i come on this forum. But if they broke up, i certainty wouldn't be crying about it 19 years later and writing letters to newspapers and shit... Kinda pathetic...

Geez guys, the old line up is fucking dead.

Why be so dramatic about it. No one is crying. The fact is that people are still more interested in the original band 19 years later than they were in the 2001 version in 2001.

I dont think its "kinda pathetic", I cant see why anyone would see it as pathetic unless you truly think people are crying and putting their real lives on hold until a reunion happens, which no one is.

I think its cool to see how much of a lasting impact the band had on so many people and it wasnt just a flash in the pan. The people I think are "kinda pathetic" are the ones who dont show the old band any respect at all.

Odd. Because most singers and musicians always thank the fans and say things like "without your support, we wouldn't be where we are today."

But not Axl?

Bullshit! You buy an album, you spend money and you get the great music in return. You spend hundreds in going to concerts but you obtain a killer performance and 3 hours of music. You get what I'm trying to say... They simply work and do their art and it's not for free. When they disbanded it was not a big surprise, nothing shocking like to say you owe me a last performance and it's not like any of them has a gun to your head, for example, to support GnR which we all know already is very hard nowadays... When you go to a restaurant you don't go/buy because the chef is nice to you but because the food he makes is great. Imagine if you became a frequent client, you go every day or every week and out of nowhere he decided he had the enough money to never work again and decided to close, would you go to him and say you fucking owe me? What does he owe you exactly? Seriously! Explain it to me!

Even if he's practically retiring thanks to you, you still got the amazing food in exchange for your hardworked money. So no, that fucking awesome, sexy, amazing cooker and imaginary chef doesn't owe you a thing... :xmassrudolph: BUT THAT'S JUST ME!

Edit: wrong person... oops! :xmasssanta:

Edited by Lirosee

I genuinely cannot wait for this bullshit bitching and moaning about the induction to be over and done with. Axl hasn't said shit about it for nearly four months, Izzy hasn't said a fucking word about it, and the other inductees have said that they don't really know what will happen. So why all the fucking drama around here?

Other than Steven's moronic comments, there has been nothing said by anyone of relevance that warrants labeling the induction a debacle, trainwreck or shitshow. Just a bunch of drama queen "fans" trying to bury Axl, his former bandmates, and induction night before the ceremonies even start.

I genuinely cannot wait for this bullshit bitching and moaning about the induction to be over and done with. Axl hasn't said shit about it for nearly four months, Izzy hasn't said a fucking word about it, and the other inductees have said that they don't really know what will happen. So why all the fucking drama around here?

Other than Steven's moronic comments, there has been nothing said by anyone of relevance that warrants labeling the induction a debacle, trainwreck or shitshow. Just a bunch of drama queen "fans" trying to bury Axl, his former bandmates, and induction night before the ceremonies even start.

More than ready for the innane,pathetic,and Drama Queens to get their 15 min of fame and get the fuck over it.

The only "inside" source BBA has is the voices in his head,psychopath!

That's BBA stupid letter... Fuck him.

No,he might enjoy that. Simply ignore him.

I am personally glad this letter was written. It is true the fans have made GNR what they are through our continued support. We all are here for the music.....they made/make fucking incredible music. That said, given the decades we've journeyed to get here.....to respect the titanic accomplisment on both appetite and the illusions, to pay homage to what gnr is was and will be, the band should come together one last time. Plain and simple. Other bands have done it...letting the stain of the break up fuck over the overall legacy of the band sucks. Reuniting to go into the hall would allow everyone to put that chapter to bed permanently were it portrayed that way by all involved. It would be a proper send off so to speak.

So the reasons you guys want this to fail are:

1. You don't like who's inducting them (big fucking deal)

2. Izzy's not going... so the rest shouldn't? Stupid.

3. Uh, Steven's comments I guess?

You guys make NO sense.

Great post.

+1....Thank u..couldnt have said this any better...

But not Axl?

Bullshit! You buy an album, you spend money and you get the great music in return. You spend hundreds in going to concerts but you obtain a killer performance and 3 hours of music. You get what I'm trying to say... They simply work and do their art and it's not for free. When they disbanded it was not a big surprise, nothing shocking like to say you owe me a last performance and it's not like any of them has a gun to your head, for example, to support GnR which we all know already is very hard nowadays... When you go to a restaurant you don't go/buy because the chef is nice to you but because the food he makes is great. Imagine if you became a frequent client, you go every day or every week and out of nowhere he decided he had the enough money to never work again and decided to close, would you go to him and say you fucking owe me? What does he owe you exactly? Seriously! Explain it to me!

Even if he's practically retiring thanks to you, you still got the amazing food in exchange for your hardworked money. So no, that fucking awesome, sexy, amazing cooker and imaginary chef doesn't owe you a thing... :xmassrudolph: BUT THAT'S JUST ME!

Edit: wrong person... oops! :xmasssanta: