Sign in to follow this  
lukepowell1988

Charlie Sheen After Last Nights Show

Really hope he's at the R&R HOF, hammered out of his mind, to cause an outburst when they don't play.

How can any human ever get cooler? And how can you not believe there's tiger blood involved here? rock3

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Where is Charlies Goddess's ? ? ? Oh wait, they are with Axl ! ! ! ... No wonder Charlie is being an ass...

Axl must have Liger blood and Titan DNA.

Axl is like an X15 bro.

http://culture.com/news/item/3903/charlie-sheens-wake-up-call-from-slash.phtml

CHARLIE SHEEN first realised his hellraising lifestyle was out of control when he was told to clean up his act - by notoriously wild GUNS 'N ROSES rocker SLASH.

Sheen, who has always been open about his years of excess drugs, drink and promiscuous sex, admits the advice he got from his rocker pal came as something of a surprise.

He says, "One of my fondest memories is when Slash from Guns 'N Roses sat me down at his house and said, 'You've got to clean up your act.' You know you've gone too far when Slash is saying, 'Look, you've got to get into rehab, you have to shut it down. You're going to die.' "He's a terrific guy and I love him - he's a buddy of mine - but I had to step back from that situation and go, 'Yeah, but you're Slash. Whaddya mean?'"

But Sheen, who says he was on drugs at the time, recalls the conversation managed to serve as a wake-up call to change his destructive lifestyle. He recalls, "We'd been up for about four days. But I still heard him because a part of me was saying, 'This isn't as much fun as I thought it was going to be. Something's missing."

Sheen, who finally got sober after he came close to death in May 1998 after injecting two full syringes of cocaine, says, at one point, he was so convinced the drugs were going to kill him, he start to increase his intake just to get it over with.

He says, "I thought, All right, if I can't stop, I'm going to take this thing as far as I can. Let's get on a horse and drive this f***ing circus completely out of town." (LE/PLAB/NFA)

--------------------------------------------------------

Slash also appeared at Charlie Sheen's Comedy Roast a year or so ago.

Slash is also not talented enough to cover any of the CD stuff, nor can he write music on atleast the same level of CD that is needed for post-CD music.

I guess it's good that he managed to write music on a far better level than CD in the past then eh? Y'know that music that made GnR the biggest band in the world and all that? ;)

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

how many of the songs that made GNR the biggest band in the world were primarily written by slash?

Slash is also not talented enough to cover any of the CD stuff, nor can he write music on atleast the same level of CD that is needed for post-CD music.

I guess it's good that he managed to write music on a far better level than CD in the past then eh? Y'know that music that made GnR the biggest band in the world and all that? ;)

Let me quote AXL himself:

"Slash was not as significant to the songwriting as some people think."

"Slash from DAY 1 was always trying to get me to join his band. He would pop my tape out and insert his tape. I never wanted to join Slash's band."

"I've seen and heard a lot of what the old guys have done since quitting GnR. I would rather play with this band [current GnR] then do anything with the old guys."

CD has sold more records than Velvet Revolver and Snakepit combined.

Step outside your little Slash bubble. Then you will see that Slash is not that great.

He has a point though.

Slash isn't half as good as people here claim he is.

Sure, he was good with GN'R and had a few good songs with Snakepit.

Everything after that was pretty mediocre.

But I can't say that here. Because Slash is a guitar-god.

Chinese Democracy was seriously lacking a lot as well.

Slash could totally cover CD.

Are you saying he can't write music as good as what was on CD or that he can't provide the right music needed for post-CD?

Edited by Chloe

I just find it hilarious how the 2 songs Charlie mentioned was Mr Brownstone and Rocket Queen...

Them 2 songs could actually be the soundrack to Charlie Sheens life. :D

i think what charlie was saying when he said where's slash was really implying that guns don't need slash anymore. he said after that the gnr show that night was a billion dollar concert world wide meaning they are great without slash!

i think what charlie was saying when he said where's slash was really implying that guns don't need slash anymore. he said after that the gnr show that night was a billion dollar concert world wide meaning they are great without slash!

You're joking right? That was soooooo not what he was saying!

no i am dead serious, he was mocking slash after he saw what guns can do without him!

I seriously laughed at this post.

Why do guitar players that play fast always said to have no heart or passion or feeling in their music? Usually those guys are the ones that make entire albums based on their guitar parts, whereas the normal guitar player us just putting one part to a song.

I actually agree with Dazey on a lot of this. Slash helped GnR become legendary. Could other guitarist have done the same thing, played the same roll? Yes. But they didnt. Slash did. I don't like what he has done with VR, but he is a major reason that GnR is GnR.

And like it or not, ticket sales, chart success, album sales, awards all play a part in how a band's success is measured.

No disrespect to the new band. They are amazing live. And CD is one of my favorite albums of all time. But we need to see a couple albums from this band before we can put them in the same level as the old band. And I personally think they are capable of doing that, if Axl ever gives them the chance.

And really? People actually think that Charlie sheen is cool? Because he drinks and does drugs, he is a hero to people? Sad.

no i am dead serious, he was mocking slash after he saw what guns can do without him!

So Slash's good friend Charlie Sheen? You know the same guy that had Slash play at his Comedy Central Roast? The guy who's been close friends with Slash for years? That Guy? Yeah I'm sure he was mocking his buddy, right! Oh and as for the billion dollar thing! He's so clearly talking about a reunion of the original band! :rolleyes:

Dazey -

Your words were:

"I guess it's good that he managed to write music on a far better level than CD in the past then eh? Y'know that music that made GnR the biggest band in the world and all that?"

I've asked you multiple times to name names, but you refuse.

The fact is, GNR's biggest worldwide hits were all on the Illusion records and Slash didn't write ANY of them. The music that made GNR the biggest band in the world was written by Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan.

laugh all you want but axl is proving his immense talent with this great band and many naysayers are realizing this and are welcoming this band, realizing they are truly the best band around without slash, including mr. sheen!

Why do guitar players that play fast always said to have no heart or passion or feeling in their music? Usually those guys are the ones that make entire albums based on their guitar parts, whereas the normal guitar player us just putting one part to a song.

I actually agree with Dazey on a lot of this. Slash helped GnR become legendary. Could other guitarist have done the same thing, played the same roll? Yes. But they didnt. Slash did. I don't like what he has done with VR, but he is a major reason that GnR is GnR.

And like it or not, ticket sales, chart success, album sales, awards all play a part in how a band's success is measured.

No disrespect to the new band. They are amazing live. And CD is one of my favorite albums of all time. But we need to see a couple albums from this band before we can put them in the same level as the old band. And I personally think they are capable of doing that, if Axl ever gives them the chance.

And really? People actually think that Charlie sheen is cool? Because he drinks and does drugs, he is a hero to people? Sad.

Just to point out that I've bought two copies of CD, 31 Buckethead albums, a few by NIN and Sixx AM/Beautiful creatures. In fact the only one of the current lineup whose solo stuff I don't care for is BBF though I do think he's an amazing talent. I just think it's stupid for people to ignore the contributions of the original band without whom this board wouldn't even exist.

Dazey -

Your words were:

"I guess it's good that he managed to write music on a far better level than CD in the past then eh? Y'know that music that made GnR the biggest band in the world and all that?"

The fact is, GNR's biggest worldwide hits were all on the Illusion records and Slash didn't write ANY of them. The music that made GNR the biggest band in the world was written by Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan.

I think it's obvious if you look at everything Slash has wrote post GN'R, that he never had any significant role in producing GN'R's greatest songs. Of course I'm not talking about his guitar solo's here, I'm talking about the body of a song, and the chords of a song. The main factors in Guns N' Roses success in this regards, was almost definitely Axl and Izzy..... I don't think you can deny that to be honest. B)

Dazey -

Your words were:

Name THE most recognisable GnR riff! Y'know the one that frequently tops polls around the world?

The problem though is that when Izzy leaves, Slash wants his chance to be the primary songwriter and by all accounts, the material was not up to snuff.

Exactly,

Slash is a great guitarist.

But Izzy's songwriting skills are better than Slash's.

I'd even dare to say that they are at least (if not better) as good as Axl's.