Sign in to follow this  
lukepowell1988

Charlie Sheen After Last Nights Show

I can see what MSL is trying to say here...

Slash did some remarkable solo's to GN'R songs, and that's nothing that you can take away from him. But the main songwriters who wrote the majority of Guns N' Roses' material, were Axl and Izzy. With Axl's vocals and Izzys' chord progressions, these 2 were the core songwriters in GN'R.

And as MSL rightfully pointed out, that's why when Izzy left..... there was a songwriting issue related to creating new material. Axl even refused a whole albums worth of songs Slash wrote and recommended, so that says it all right there.

We are not talking about iconic solo's here, but songwriting. :thumbsup:

Edited by One.In.A.Million

I can see what MSL is trying to say here...

Slash did some remarkable solo's to GN'R songs, and that's nothing that you can take away from him. But the main songwriters who wrote the majority of Guns N' Roses' material, were Axl and Izzy. With Axl's vocals and Izzys' chord progressions, these 2 were the core songwriters in GN'R.

And as MSL rightfully pointed out, that's why when Izzy left..... there was a songwriting issue related to creating new material. Axl even refused a whole albums worth of songs Slash wrote and recommended, so that says it all right there.

We are not on about iconic solo's here, but songwriting. :thumbsup:

Well the original argument was nothing to do with songwriting and never has been so I don't know what he's trying to get at. Also by citing Axl, Izzy Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney as the primary song writers how is that in any way an argument against Slash having contributed far more to the GnR legacy than Bucket/Finck/Bumble/Tobias and Fortus? If you check back you'll note that that was what I was arguing. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

The fact of the matter is that any real Guns fan would not diss a member of the original line up that had a huge contribution to the bands success.

*cough* bumblecool *cough*

Edited by Chloe

After Illusion, Slash wanted to go backwards and Axl wanted to take things even further forward.

It's unfortunate they couldn't work it out.

If you feel that Chinese is Axl's solo record, so be it. Personally I've yet to find someone who thinks It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere is a better album.

Why do guitar players that play fast always said to have no heart or passion or feeling in their music?

Not quite what I said, Groghy. I said it isn't all about playing fast to be a good guitar player. Buckethead doesn't have as much feeling as Slash does.

And really? People actually think that Charlie sheen is cool? Because he drinks and does drugs, he is a hero to people? Sad.

No. People think he's cool cause he's funny as hell.

I wasn't trying to single you out. It is a common theme. The faster a guitar player can play, the less soul and feeling they have. I think that is ridiculous, but a lot of people think that way.

Or that a guitar player has to make a funny face or weird facial expressions during a solo - that shows he is playing with heart and feeling. It is just silly.

You really think Charlie is any funnier than any other drunk guy? I don't get why people like him at all.

But to each their own! That's what keeps the forum interesting. When people cam disagree without getting angry about it.

The fact of the matter is that any real Guns fan would not diss a member of the original line up that had a huge contribution to the bands success.

*cough* bumblecool *cough*

Similarly, I don't see why people feel the need to shit on 'new members' like Tommy, Buckethead and Bumblefoot just to prove their "loyalty" to GnR. It's stupid and happens way more often than the other way around.

If people don't like Axl, fair enough. But why diss these phenomenal musicians just cuz they aren't "Slash".

The senseless "hating" happens on either side imo.

not to spoil your debates! why are you talking about the past. that's dead & gone. axl has magic and be thankful we have a great band to follow and see them live every now & then. hopefully new music is on the horizon. like it or not this our band now and they will be around for a very long time. they are all fairly young and axl is amazing singing and performing like a young man. the original members don't have the magic anymore. father time has caught up to them. so please enjoy your current band or don't bother hanging around here anymore.

not to spoil your debates! why are you talking about the past. that's dead & gone. axl has magic and be thankful we have a great band to follow and see them live every now & then. hopefully new music is on the horizon. like it or not this our band now and they will be around for a very long time. they are all fairly young and axl is amazing singing and performing like a young man. the original members don't have the magic anymore. father time has caught up to them. so please enjoy your current band or don't bother hanging around here anymore.

Stupid post.

Stupid post.

we know everything there is to know about the past songs and who wrote what. give it up. it's boring to see the same movie over and over again!

he liked Mr Brownstone and Rocket Queen best. 'where's Slash' - he seems to be a Slash fan.