Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure this gets posted in the reunion section.

Why? All of the reunionists are already up here whining and crying.

Hopefully they will go back to where they came from now that there unrealistic fantasies have been destroyed.

Not sure why everyone hates the reunionists. Nothing wrong with them, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming.

Not everyone here is wanting a reunion. We just expected our favorite artist to attened the HOF for us.

whilst im not suprise in slightest the more i think about it..i am quite sad for axl, i mean sure hes happy and contetn etc, but would it have really killed him to at least show up, i wasnt expecting a performance at all, but just be gracious and accept the award and stand at the podium in fornt of your peers and with the people who helped get him where he is and then walk away graciously like a man, ....one thing i do admire is Axl is a very proud man, and wont do what epopel expect of him, he sticks to his guns (so to speak) and does what he wants...would have been so easy to go against his heart and bow to pressure, but he did what he felt was right, and i respect that about Axl, he always stays true to him

Is anyone honestly surprised?

Axl moved on. you all should also

I'm not. TBH, never cared about the Hall of Fame or whatever, got tired of this board with all those lame threads about Adler and Slash crying over the fact that the old line-up wouldn't perform (guess they got the call from the HOF people).

People may not agree, but it was kinda obvious how this "one night only" thing wouldn't work for Axl nor the new band. And honestly, to demand such a thing is kinda stupid IMHO.

I wouldn't really care for a reunion at HOF if we got new material from this line-up. He keeps saying that this band is good and all this shit, BUT WE ONLY HAVE 1 CD IN 15 FUCKING YEARS. So, if you're staying true to this line-up and wants to move on, MOVE ON FOR REAL AXL ROSE.

I paid to see your fiasco at Rock In Rio, I won't pay it again unless you bring something good to the table.

End of my whiny bitch rant. Close the thread.

Hopefully they will go back to where they came from now that there unrealistic fantasies have been destroyed.

Not sure why everyone hates the reunionists. Nothing wrong with them, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming.

Not everyone here is wanting a reunion. We just expected our favorite artist to attened the HOF for us.

As surviving members of the Sex Pistols once said, the Hall of Fame is a fucking piss stain.

Axl will not budge. He is open to playing a few shows with Izzy or Duff, because they fucking get it. Steven obviously doesn't get it and Slash just thinks the guy hates him.

All those criricisms for Axl being cryptic, and a bad bandmate, and now he is doing the opposite and people still bitch. The HOF is a PC turd, and I am glad he isnt going. He even used my divorce anology I have said here before. He has moved on, now maybe the rest of the fans can to.

Let him continue to learn from his early mistakes and be a good band mate to his current lineup, and if you dont like it, don't buy a ticket. I personally find it refreshing that he is so supportive of this band. Seeing them live these last few years, I have always though they were a good group of guys who are just having fun.

Well played Axl, see you next tour rock3

It is a let down but there is no reason to be so hateful towards Axl, its his decision. Yes I am dissapointed he decided not to go and I am a little let down but I kinda knew that he was going to pull out right before the gig

Edited by WhazUp

No lets all move on....

Back to rocking to Bumble and co. I won't complain !!!

Love new guns anyway

yeah you and 15 other people. Guns died a long time ago. Rehashing all the hits that made him famous doesn't constitute a band.

Couldn't give a shit how many other people you mention.

Cut your hair pal and throw out your patches

I dont think he hates them, but he is probobly just tired of people knocking his bandmates, and for that, I applaud him.

Lost on on this, the current lineup (Frank, Tommy, DJ, Ron, Richard, Dizzy, and Chris) all have to be giving Axl props for sticking up for them. Axl is dedictated to his work over the past 19 years, and won't let this one night & the following questions destroy all that he has worked for.

Axl needs to get over himself.

The VAST majority of Guns n Roses fans dont care about band politics... they dont even care about going to see the band live. To millions of people GnR were the soundtrack to their childhood. They listen to AFD in their car or stick Paradise City on the jukebox when they are in a bar.

The world has moved on from the old days, Gnr are no longer a big, influencial band. The HOF however was an opportunity for Gnr to say thanks to all the old fans but Axl couldnt handle that. If he cares so little for the old band then why didnt he reject the idea months ago. He loves the drama. He needs the drama because GnR are on the decline.

Guns n Roses will always be my favourite band, they are simply incredible. But I've never rated Axl because hes a childish, stubborn man that needs to get over himself and have a bit more respect for his fans. Im not bitter, the HOF would have been awesome with the Axl but I really couldnt care less that hes not going to be there.

Edited by kriss_boy

I totally support Axl 's decision. Like others have said, he's staying true to himself. The man has integrity and self-respect. What he did takes a lot of guts. Though it's disappointing that he personally won't be inducted, I still respect his decision. And honestly, are you guys really that surprised? Axl's dedicated to his band. Not the band he used to play with. I'm just glad he's not giving in to what he doesn't want to do. There aren't many guys like him out there. And that's why he's my hero.

I can see where you're coming from but it would take more guts for Axl to attend than not. Standing up at the Hof would take courage and great security within oneself. It's easy to be negative ,hold grudges and stay angry. it's his comfort zone. He's fueled by anger and negativity. He has no real deeprooted confidence. It's sad and I think he has alot of yes people around him still. It takes guts to move on from the past and mature and let go even if you think people have done you wrong i.e Slash. Axl can't do that whether he's staying true to himself or not.

Edited by Janis

No lets all move on....

Back to rocking to Bumble and co. I won't complain !!!

Love new guns anyway

yeah you and 15 other people. Guns died a long time ago. Rehashing all the hits that made him famous doesn't constitute a band.

okay, fuck off, call it ROSE if you dont want to see it as gnr, I dont care. I love this band and its sad ROSE doesnt release new music