Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applaud Axl.

He's turned down to be inducted, and stood his ground. He's loving the band as it is now, why would he go back to the old band of which he has so many issues with and derail his 'new' band.

It just shows how strongly his issues are with the old band and he won't go back on his word.

For me, I would have loved them to see him there on Saturday, but end of the day, don't fuck with someone's private life. Axl doesn't owe us anything. When we bought our GNR Albums and Concert tickets it never gave you a slip saying Axl still owes you.

Make sure this gets posted in the reunion section.

Why? All of the reunionists are already up here whining and crying.

Hopefully they will go back to where they came from now that there unrealistic fantasies have been destroyed.

Not sure why everyone hates the reunionists. Nothing wrong with them, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming.

Not everyone here is wanting a reunion. We just expected our favorite artist to attened the HOF for us.

Unattainable dreams are nothing to latch on to. Anyone with a single bit of common sense already knew that this was going to turn out this way.

Axl said he didn't want to ruin it for the fans. He gave fans false hope.

And he probably figures that the best way not to ruin it for fans is to not show up. He's Axl, he has a temper. It really wouldn't surprise me if he started swinging on people. He's been that way since day 1, he's not going to change. Staying away is probably a better choice for him than going and causing an embarrassment.

In a way, showing up and accepting the induction with the old band would have given some people hope that a reunion was in some way actually closer to happening.

Ali

That's true too. Going would not make any business sense at all for Axl. At least people might get all of their whining out now, and realize that a reunion isn't going to happen. Instead of him attending and having the same people keep whining until the end of time.

Guest gunns5

I feel sorry for the people who spent, or should I say, have now wasted money on tickets to the hall of fame...

If they just wanted to see gnr members minus axl, velvet revolver tickets are A LOT cheaper :lol:

HAHAHAHAH!!!

best HOF post ever

truth can be humerous sometimes :lol:

Axl needs to get over himself.

The VAST majority of Guns n Roses fans dont care about band politics... they dont even care about going to see the band live. To millions of people GnR were the soundtrack to their childhood. They listen to AFD in their car or stick Paradise City on the jukebox when they are in a bar.

The world has moved on from the old days, Gnr are no longer a big, influencial band. The HOF however was an opportunity for Gnr to say thanks to all the old fans but Axl couldnt handle that. If he cares so little for the old band then why didnt he reject the idea months ago. He loves the drama. He needs the drama because GnR are on the decline.

Agree with this.

He originally described it as a victory for the fans. Unfortunately it's now the fans who have lost out on that so called victory of seeing one of their favorite bands on stage, one more time, graciously accepting this honor.

Couldn't respect his decision any more. Great letter too, Axl.

Let the whining bitches living in the past bark all night. When you've got a great band out there in 2012 you don't have to go crawling back to 1987 and putting up with gobshites like Addled to keep a few delusional hairspray sniffing fuckwits who want to recapture their own past by thinking you somehow owe it to them to be trapped in yours.

If it actually means something personal to you to see a bunch of people you know full well don't like each other and don't get along stand on a stage and accept an utterly meaningless accolade to fulfill your jerk-off fantasies, I pity you. Go buy some dolls or something.

Edited by tomfriend

AND I THOUGH LAST WEEKS EPISODE OF EASTBOUND AND DOWN WAS GAY...........AXL YOU JUST TOPPED IT DUDE....PEOPLE TALK SHIT ABOUT PEOPLE DAILY DOESN'T MEAN YOU WALK AWAY, YOU TIGHTEN YOUR BOOTS AND MARCH INTO THE BATTLE CLAIM YOUR STAKE AND MOVE ON. Band leader no more brother. BTW Maynrad has 3 bands a winery etc.... + Sixx AM-one of your members-two bands- THIS IS NOTHING NEW DUDE, NO ONE CARES IF YOU HAVE A NEW BAND OR MULTIPLE PROJECTS JUST "SHUT UP AND SING" but that requires showing up too. We all have issues not just you. I as well have to say I have seen enough guitarist try to cover slash's cords and that shit sounds terrible. So until you rename and play mostly your new stuff I AM OUT.

wonder why they wont cover one in a million? Oh and i watched a video on youtube where the band is all together waiting and Axl drives up alone in limo get out walks through back door says "hello kids" to his band mates as he passes them to walk on stage. YA YOUR A REAL TIGHT BAND!! Dad and his kids. lmfao. of course they wont level with him and speak there mind cause without him they are back to the bar venues, that's if they even get to see him besides on stage.

Balls for what?

Not attending the equivalent of a high school reunion with a load of ex-girlfriends you hate just because your old buddies really want you to go?

Question? Who are all the ex-girlfriends and why is the High School reunion such a extra special event?

He said 3 1/2 years ago in the forum chats that he wasn't really interested basically. There was never any indication that he was going to show or Izzy. Originally it wasn't even certain that Slash would be there a few months back from some comments and all Adler did was bash the current line up/Axl.

Axl crazy as he may be, the classic line-up ended 2 decades ago.

Good luck with your Ca$h Grab Part 12 tour Mr. Axl Rose. :thumbsup:

:fuckyou:

Oh yes, Axl passed up the Hall of Fame reunion to grab cash :rolleyes:

Indeed. A reunion with people he despises for the sake of popularity would be the biggest and most desperate cash-grab of them all. Some people just don't understand the concept of integrity.

If he showed, there would have been endless reunion rumors. Majority of fans would probably hold out on seeing this version du jour of the band hoping they'd get to see the original line up eventually. That might have taken away some revenue for any of the nu Guns shows. Sooo...maybe he has a point in a round about way.

My point was the HOF is a joke anyway and no idea why people are making a big issue out of it or think he has to go to satisfy their own illusions/delusions.

It was a response to another post.

Essentially, he is a legend and precisely for pulling stunts like this, but no idea why people are getting upset over it.

It's as if spending $10 on a CD means that Axl has to "Prostitute" himself forever to say thanks to them - irrespective of the joy that $10 has given us over 2 decades.

He has paid his dues to the fans with his music. He owes us and the other old band members nothing.

How many years is he gonna tour before he starts to work on a new album?

1 album in 14 years. Great band. :thumbsup:

Edited by droezle

Axl owes fuck all to us. With the stuff being posted by some you'd swear he owed you lot something. If we spent money on his records over the years and you feel let down or disappointed... you need to Learn from this as the world owes you fuck all.

I'm happy this is all settled. Role on the new tour....

Indeed. A reunion with people he despises for the sake of popularity would be the biggest and most desperate cash-grab of them all. Some people just don't understand the concept of integrity.

Oh and touring 20 times on a single album with a setlist full of songs created by people he depises isn't a cash grab? If he had any artistic integrity left he would now distance himself from all of those albums.