Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

Sounds like axls decision is partly or maybe mainly due to stevens public outbusts. So if you are looking for someone to blame, you know who to....

There's always someone else to blame.

And steven makes it very easy to be blamed, with his stupid comments and rants.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who perceives really "anger" in that letter? I think he has discussed this with the whole HOF organization probably asking that new Gn'R should play at the ceremony, his petition was denied and he told them to fuck off. It's pretty clear what he's saying. See, I can understand everything he says in the letter, the whole media nonsense, the "make it at other's expense" and the whole blah blah but why to refuse being inducted?

Axl, I know you had your own reasons for not performing but why not attending and refusing the honor? Well, being honest I'm not surprised, it's Axl Rose.

Take it or leave it.

Axl doesn't want to go to the HOF due to the obvious reunion talks. Said it to TMZ and is saying it here. Even citing a small example with Adler in 2006. Even Slash is sick of the questions. Axl is obviously happy with the current lineup, and sees the HOF as derailing everything currently going on with band.

Simple as that. And some will blast him for it.

Make sure this gets posted in the reunion section.

Why? All of the reunionists are already up here whining and crying.

Hopefully they will go back to where they came from now that there unrealistic fantasies have been destroyed.

Not sure why everyone hates the reunionists. Nothing wrong with them, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming.

Not everyone here is wanting a reunion. We just expected our favorite artist to attened the HOF for us.

Exactly.

I don't know why the posters who worship Axl get so angry and defensive about everything.

I never wanted a reunion.

But it would have been a huge treat and thank you to the fans to make the hall of fame thing a success. Three hours of his life.

Personally, I would rather hear one new song than see the old band onstage. But I will be labeled a hater and receive personal insults for not comparing Axls letter to the Bible.

Axl needs to get over himself.

The VAST majority of Guns n Roses fans dont care about band politics... they dont even care about going to see the band live. To millions of people GnR were the soundtrack to their childhood. They listen to AFD in their car or stick Paradise City on the jukebox when they are in a bar.

The world has moved on from the old days, Gnr are no longer a big, influencial band. The HOF however was an opportunity for Gnr to say thanks to all the old fans but Axl couldnt handle that. If he cares so little for the old band then why didnt he reject the idea months ago. He loves the drama. He needs the drama because GnR are on the decline.

Agree with this.

He originally described it as a victory for the fans. Unfortunately it's now the fans who have lost out on that so called victory of seeing one of their favorite bands on stage, one more time, graciously accepting this honor.

I was going to type up some thoughts on it, but this along with everything lukepowell has said pretty much sums up how I feel about.

New music better come soon or he will wind up looking foolish. And it better be really good after this debacle. And I also agree that if he is declining induction and turning his back on the past then it wouldn't be a bad idea to stop playing the AFD and UYI songs on his tours.

Good luck with your Ca$h Grab Part 12 tour Mr. Axl Rose. :thumbsup:

:fuckyou:

Oh yes, Axl passed up the Hall of Fame reunion to grab cash :rolleyes:

If he showed, there would have been endless reunion rumors. Majority of fans would probably hold out on seeing this version du jour of the band hoping they'd get to see the original line up eventually. That might have taken away some revenue for any of the nu Guns shows. Sooo...maybe he has a point in a round about way.

Yeah, that's a lot of supposition.

People complain about being let down and I read a comment like this and wonder even more if showing up and accepting the induction with the old band would've lead to an even bigger let down when a reunion didn't happen reminiscent of what happened with Van Halen in 1996.

Ali

Good luck with your Ca$h Grab Part 12 tour Mr. Axl Rose. :thumbsup:

:fuckyou:

Oh yes, Axl passed up the Hall of Fame reunion to grab cash :rolleyes:

Indeed. A reunion with people he despises for the sake of popularity would be the biggest and most desperate cash-grab of them all. Some people just don't understand the concept of integrity.

Oh and touring 20 times on a single album with a setlist full of songs created by people he depises isn't a cash grab? If he had any artistic integrity left he would now distance himself from all of those albums.

An artist has to distance himself from his past work and no longer perform it regardless of whether he feels it still represents him as an artist? Congratulations, that's the stupidest thing I heard all day.

Sounds like axls decision is partly or maybe mainly due to stevens public outbusts. So if you are looking for someone to blame, you know who to....

There's always someone else to blame.

Agreed! There is no one to blame for Axl's decision but Axl. I respect his decision and his right to make it. What I disagree with is the constant implication that no matter what the situation is with him it is always someone elses fault.

I wish the Hall a great show, congratulations to all the other artists being inducted and to our fans we look forward to seeing you on tour!!

Sincerely,

Axl Rose

FUCK OFF!!

You're not a fan of the current GNR so he's not referring to you. Is that too complicated for you?

Well, that's that I guess. Axl can watch the induction on television. Hopefully he sees Slash accept an award for Gn'R and it chafes his balls. I'm personally done with modern Guns N' Roses until they either reunite or put out a new album (so probably forever).

Still love u Axl. I will always support your vision with this lineup. I will continue to catch u on tour and look forward to an album. I don't care about what the haters and non supporters have to say. They can bitch all they want. I am happy as a gnr fan, and nobody will ever change my mind.

Still love u Axl. I will always support your vision with this lineup. I will continue to catch u on tour and look forward to an album. I don't care about what the haters and non supporters have to say. They can bitch all they want. I am happy as a gnr fan, and nobody will ever change my mind.

#overoldbandnewgunsfans are with ya

Well, that's that I guess. Axl can watch the induction on television. Hopefully he sees Slash accept an award for Gn'R and it chafes his balls. I'm personally done with modern Guns N' Roses until they either reunite or put out a new album (so probably forever).

See ya!

good, finally Axl is admitting he IS NOT Guns N Roses

No.

Good decision. Very Axl. This whole charade has thrown a spanner in the works for the current Guns. Axl not attending sends out the right message for his support of and the future of the current band. I guess we know that Axl is backing the current band to the hilt.

Nice of you to come here and register so you could tell us how much you don't care with your first post. :rofl-lol:

Couldn't respect his decision any more. Great letter too, Axl.

Let the whining bitches living in the past bark all night. When you've got a great band out there in 2012 you don't have to go crawling back to 1987 and putting up with gobshites like Addled to keep a few delusional hairspray sniffing fuckwits who want to recapture their own past by thinking you somehow owe it to them to be trapped in yours.

If it actually means something personal to you to see a bunch of people you know full well don't like each other and don't get along stand on a stage and accept an utterly meaningless accolade to fulfill your jerk-off fantasies, I pity you. Go buy some dolls or something.

A great band In 2012 based on what, album releases, concert attendance figures, album sales.