Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

I get that not turning up part... but asking to not be inducted.... someone could have accepted it for him like duff...still could have acknowledged the fact that he was part of something huge and that his music still is massive today.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like axl's desicion.

very smart.

though i have to admit that i missed axl while watching the hof-videos.

not because of the ceremony, but because of the music.

the old times are gone and won't come back. never. even if the old gnr would reunite.

it's a good chance to move on..... with a few tears left somewhere in some people's hearts :)

it's a very save place.

In hindsight we shoulda known as soon as he released the tour dates for spring/summer (after HOF) that he wouldn't show. But it still woulda been magical....if they woulda announced say in January that Guns n Roses will reunite & perform at HOF.....holy shit. It woulda been like the Zeppelin reunion at the O2 a few yrs ago. Speaking of ...when the fuck are they gonna release the DVD of that?

This is the crazy talk of a fan, some people will be along in a minute to say how an award is not a positive thing but a trigger for all kinds of paranoia and negativity.

He should spend it on a spine.

You are clearly misinformed,nice try at "snarky sarcasm".

Yeah, yeah, misinformed.

Axl did not contribute even 1% to the breakup of the old band, everybody in the world is out to get him, behind the scenes the other guys are monsters. Yada Yada Yada. That cover all the bases for your personal agenda?

Because if Axl had said last week, "You know what, I'm going to go to this event and make the best of it," Dizzy still would have stayed home from his own Hall of Fame induction because despite being in Guns n' Roses for over 20 years, he still can't afford a $3000 ticket, right? :thumbsup:

Why be inducted into a "group,club,fraternity etc" that goes against your personal convictions? I wouldn't sell a piece of my soul for a fucking award show,that is biased and based on fantasy and fallacy.

The HOF ceremony is embedded in a sinkhole of shit,people that should have been inducted aren't,and decisions/rules arbitrarily change for no viable reason.It's a money-making scam,and they got their "we used to be in GNR" concert.

So with all sincerety the RRHOF can fuck right off.

If Axl had shown up, all the Axl Apologists would have been saying the RRHOF was the greatest honor ever. Lol

IF pigs had wings,they could,presumably fly.

First of all the RRHOF isn't geared toward "fans", it isn't "fan-friendly" and the organization exists to make money.Why is it only available at a later date via HBO? Did you vote for the recipients,or agree with who has been indoctrinated and who has been omitted?

In addition the fucking RRHOF isn't a military organization that can "draft" someone in who prefers,for a multitude of scenarios and personal reasons not to be included in their farce,and shouldn't be made into a pariah due to refusing to submit to their little club's heavy handed "selection methods".

And for those that are whining about "closure" there is no fucking closure,that is a term that psychologists et. al. Have invented to brainwash the masses into believing.Its a Bullshit term,during life events and people come and go in and out of your life,for better or worse.Events and issues arise,when these events and people hurt you,leaving you damaged to the core you Do not get "Closure" you simply learn to deal with matters utilizing what works best for you- personally,and it is imperative to fix the issues in your own life before attempting to dictate how someone else should live their lives.

Fuck the RRHOF,Jann Wenner,Rolling Stone ragazine and all the faceless anonymous cowards typing negative shit that they would never have the balls to say in person.

It was far past time to show the RRHOF who can and can't be bought.

Gunner since 1988 and damn proud of it.

I think Axl may have blown up at the Hall no matter what he agreed to do. It would be way to artificial a situation. In someways he classed it up and stepped aside to let everyone have their night.

Imagine if that letter was his speech at the ceremony.

I would have enjoyed that as well,but they are totally not worth the effort.

Why da fuck Axl stopped here in 2008 if he doesn't care?

Why play 3hours? He can play 90 min like other bands....

Why he wrote the letter? because of us.

He stopped here in 2008 to rant about his obsession Slash! Also some consider the rants in 2008 and the so called interview with DJ promotion for CD.

The 3 hours on stage take out the time the other members are performing in those 3 hours and then add up the time Axl is actually on stage.

He knew he was not going in January he told a reporter, Steven Tyler, and a room full of party goers that he hated Slash and would not be going. He then drafted a letter and published it a few days ago making it look like he had just come to the decision. By that time it had nothing to do with the fans it was an excuse.

Oh, so the countless questions from fans that he answered about CD, his favorite books, hobbies etc etc were all coded messages about Slash too, then?

Is promotion of CD is an anti-fan move? The current appearance of Slash on the HOF was all about promoting his upcoming album too, right?

Why is it a bad thing to give other members the time to present their chops in their solos? Axl stepped off-stage in the old days as well. In no way does it change the fact that he DOES work hard to make a 3 hour show happen. He could do a 90 minute show and STILL take time away from stage and nobody would be able to stop him.

1, It wasnt a "reporter", it was a gossip writer who has previously gone through an embarrassing scandal based on unprofessional behaviour.

2, There's no verification from Steven Tyler or other supposed witnesses. 3,

One could have an initial disinclination not to attend a show and then go through several stages of re-consideration, talking to the HOF people etc. So you have no evidence to prove your "excuse" claim.

hey sleeper .. how don't you feel ashamed ?? .. blatantly lying ... and flee when someone shows the truth in your face :shrugs:

you're a fan of a liar ... maybe this is the reason :tongue2:

No I don't feel ashamed and no one showed me anything. My opionin of what Rabia said is shit! Axl is the liar, not only is a he liar he is a coward. To damn scared to face Slash. So he lied to get out of going.

Erroneous fallacy dreamed up by a fanboy of who? I suppose in your perfect world nobody ever re-evaluates an occasion and changes plans?

I attempt to Avoid toxic people,they infect,defect and lie behind a carefully constructed facade.It's all a filthy veneer meant to disguise the truth.

I am Damn zooming happy that Guns N' Roses did NOT appear at the RRHOF.

Yeah, yeah, misinformed.

Axl did not contribute even 1% to the breakup of the old band, everybody in the world is out to get him, behind the scenes the other guys are monsters. Yada Yada Yada. That cover all the bases for your personal agenda?

Because if Axl had said last week, "You know what, I'm going to go to this event and make the best of it," Dizzy still would have stayed home from his own Hall of Fame induction because despite being in Guns n' Roses for over 20 years, he still can't afford a $3000 ticket, right? :thumbsup:

Why be inducted into a "group,club,fraternity etc" that goes against your personal convictions? I wouldn't sell a piece of my soul for a fucking award show,that is biased and based on fantasy and fallacy.

The HOF ceremony is embedded in a sinkhole of shit,people that should have been inducted aren't,and decisions/rules arbitrarily change for no viable reason.It's a money-making scam,and they got their "we used to be in GNR" concert.

If Axl had shown up, all the Axl Apologists would have been saying the RRHOF was the greatest honor ever. Lol

First of all the RRHOF isn't geared toward "fans", it isn't "fan-friendly" and the organization exists to make money.Why is it only available at a later date via HBO? Did you vote for the recipients,or agree with who has been indoctrinated and who has been omitted?

In addition the fucking RRHOF isn't a military organization that can "draft" someone in who prefers,for a multitude of scenarios and personal reasons not to be included in their farce,and shouldn't be made into a pariah due to refusing to submit to their little club's heavy handed "selection methods".

And for those that are whining about "closure" there is no fucking closure,that is a term that psychologists et. al. Have invented to brainwash the masses into believing.Its a Bullshit term,during life events and people come and go in and out of your life,for better or worse.Events and issues arise,when these events and people hurt you,leaving you damaged to the core you Do not get "Closure" you simply learn to deal with matters utilizing what works best for you- personally,and it is imperative to fix the issues in your own life before attempting to dictate how someone else should live their lives.

Fuck the RRHOF,Jann Wenner,Rolling Stone ragazine and all the faceless anonymous cowards typing negative shit that they would never have the balls to say in person.

I think Axl may have blown up at the Hall no matter what he agreed to do. It would be way to artificial a situation. In someways he classed it up and stepped aside to let everyone have their night.

Axl had nothing to gain from attending the ceremony because it was set as a way to instigate a reunion. That's all the industry is interested in at the moment. And if Axl doesn't want that then there was no point. There has been a small pulse to the balls of that notion but then it died cos Axl wasn't there Izzy was MIA. So it kind of just came off as a nice fun bit of nostalgia. Reunion. That duck won't hunt.

Yeah, yeah, misinformed.

Axl had nothing to gain from attending the ceremony because it was set as a way to instigate a reunion. That's all the industry is interested in at the moment. And if Axl doesn't want that then there was no point. There has been a small pulse to the balls of that notion but then it died cos Axl wasn't there Izzy was MIA. So it kind of just came off as a nice fun bit of nostalgia. Reunion. That duck won't hunt.

Right on wasted,now just maybe all the reunionists and frustrated morons that spew hatred here will finally get the point.

(I thought it was "that dog don't hunt" ) :lol: