History Channel Hatin on Axl.....

Drayvin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, Groghan is not a cupcake. He has just become fed up with the whole situation of Axl not releasing new music. As have I, although I'm less vocal about it and tend not to post as much as I used to. You really have not seen anti-Axl cupcakes if you consider Groghan one...

You both just need to give up and stop whining and complaining about every little thing that doesn't make you happy. You can't just enjoy the ride, you both have to bitch and moan incessantly. Sorry, the truth hurts.

Popcorn pretty much described himself with his delusional rant. Nothing anybody has said on this forum has ever made me mad, or think about the forum when out in real life. The day I do that is the day I would unhook the internet.

And unhappy in life? Gotta love the posters who have to resort to personal attacks to try and make themselves feel better.

The Axl worshippers on here act like anybody not constantly kissing Axl's ass do so because they are angry people in real life.....while they attack and insult people on a daily basis.

But u keep insulting me popcorn and letting my posts get to you......you keep carrying the grudge, kid.

Wow that was very profound. Dude no offense, but you're obviously deeply unhappy about something in your life. Maybe it's just GnR, maybe it's something else, maybe both. But I don't care if you've calculated the statistical percentage of how many of your posts are "positive." The bottom line is, your posting history demonstrates quite clearly how unhappy you are. Yet... yet... you keep coming back for more. Why? Tell me, why do you you keep coming back to share your unhappiness with the rest of us? Maybe at some point, it's just time to let go. But hey, don't let go on my account. I love watching Axl drive you people bonkers.

Ya I remember years.. maybe just many months... ago it seemed to me Groghan was leaning the other way in "the great GNR debate" but over time he's just got fed up with everything and being he's such a genuine, big, fan sometimes the diehards from the Church of Saint Axl take offense.

On a side note does anyone get a mental picture of a middle aged man clenching his teeth, breaking pencils, and ripping out his hair in anger when they read Popcorn's posts? He takes shit so so seriously.

Gee, for someone who joined on March 20th, it's interesting to see you say "ya i remember years... maybe just many months ago it seemed to me Groghan was leaning the other way." Which means you had an alt account for at least part of that time, as the forum was not publicly browsable for many months. Which means you're either a banned poster, or a lifer cupcake. So who's the middle aged man clenching teeth and breaking pencils? Who's the person taking shit so seriously that you have to resort to creating multiple alt accounts? Oh right, that would be you. Good luck with all the alt accounts, I'm sure that is a major accomplishment for you. Let me know if you want to compare pictures, sweetie, since you went there.

Maybe you (and the others) should stop the off topic posts. Problem solved. No one is interested your psychologist abilities, or your investigation about other posters

History is not relevant now?

The Channel not relevant nowadays

Edited by Motivation

To be honest, Groghan is not a cupcake. He has just become fed up with the whole situation of Axl not releasing new music. As have I, although I'm less vocal about it and tend not to post as much as I used to. You really have not seen anti-Axl cupcakes if you consider Groghan one...

You both just need to give up and stop whining and complaining about every little thing that doesn't make you happy. You can't just enjoy the ride, you both have to bitch and moan incessantly. Sorry, the truth hurts.

Popcorn pretty much described himself with his delusional rant. Nothing anybody has said on this forum has ever made me mad, or think about the forum when out in real life. The day I do that is the day I would unhook the internet.

And unhappy in life? Gotta love the posters who have to resort to personal attacks to try and make themselves feel better.

The Axl worshippers on here act like anybody not constantly kissing Axl's ass do so because they are angry people in real life.....while they attack and insult people on a daily basis.

But u keep insulting me popcorn and letting my posts get to you......you keep carrying the grudge, kid.

Wow that was very profound. Dude no offense, but you're obviously deeply unhappy about something in your life. Maybe it's just GnR, maybe it's something else, maybe both. But I don't care if you've calculated the statistical percentage of how many of your posts are "positive." The bottom line is, your posting history demonstrates quite clearly how unhappy you are. Yet... yet... you keep coming back for more. Why? Tell me, why do you you keep coming back to share your unhappiness with the rest of us? Maybe at some point, it's just time to let go. But hey, don't let go on my account. I love watching Axl drive you people bonkers.

Ya I remember years.. maybe just many months... ago it seemed to me Groghan was leaning the other way in "the great GNR debate" but over time he's just got fed up with everything and being he's such a genuine, big, fan sometimes the diehards from the Church of Saint Axl take offense.

On a side note does anyone get a mental picture of a middle aged man clenching his teeth, breaking pencils, and ripping out his hair in anger when they read Popcorn's posts? He takes shit so so seriously.

Gee, for someone who joined on March 20th, it's interesting to see you say "ya i remember years... maybe just many months ago it seemed to me Groghan was leaning the other way." Which means you had an alt account for at least part of that time, as the forum was not publicly browsable for many months. Which means you're either a banned poster, or a lifer cupcake. So who's the middle aged man clenching teeth and breaking pencils? Who's the person taking shit so seriously that you have to resort to creating multiple alt accounts? Oh right, that would be you. Good luck with all the alt accounts, I'm sure that is a major accomplishment for you. Let me know if you want to compare pictures, sweetie, since you went there.

Lol even this reply is just so angry, you must have veins pulsing out of your temples man. Ya I had another account and I made a thread mocking the stupid threads that were prominent at the time and that got me banned..... for some reason. I re-joined because of the RNR hall of fame and have stuck around. If admitting this gets me banned again I don't really care. At least I'm not overly hateful and angry like you and at least I'm being honest about it and not sneaking around trolling under new accounts. I had one account, now I have one account. The alpha and omega. Compare pictures? lol wut? These are rhetorical questions I've no interest in arguing with you.

This History channel thing... to me it's like... whatever! At least Axl is still in the public eye enough to get these jokes directed at him. That sort of says something given how little he does things publicly that the public still cares. doesn't it? I don't know.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

After a certain number of years go by, you have to stop hoping someone will start steering the ship in the right direction, and realize that the ship is being continuously steered in a circle, and is not actually going anywhere.

4 years? ;)

Yes, because the release of Chinese Democracy went so smoothly ...

After a certain number of years go by, you have to stop hoping someone will start steering the ship in the right direction, and realize that the ship is being continuously steered in a circle, and is not actually going anywhere.

4 years? ;)

Yes, because the release of Chinese Democracy went so smoothly ...

Still it took place. So in the last four years we have had a GN'R record release, many successful tours with great reviews, a band that is gelling and having fun, a revamped web page, live streams, numerous band member interviews (including a few from Axl), and YET you are of the opinion that the band is "not steering in the right direction" but rather that "the ship is being continuously steered in a circle" and "is not going anywhere"? Let me ask you, what direction exactly is it you want the band to steer in? Back to the years prior to 2008? You enjoyed the dark ages? Or are you unhappy because we haven't had two albums in this time, twice as many gigs, more live streams, and Axl doing interviews all the time? Would that make you happy?

Edited by SoulMonster

You can pretend that everything is moving full-speed ahead in the right direction if you want, and also pretend that the years 1993-2008 didn't happen, but I have some bad news for you. They happened.

Yes, Guns n' Roses has not been moving in a forward, discernible direction for many years. Have things been better the last 4 years? Yes, but it's still not actually going anywhere.

Axl needed to decide, is he going to reunite with the old guys, or move the current band forward at full-speed. Unfortunately, he needed to make that decision in 2002, and it didn't happen. Nothing happened, other than sporadic touring and one album release that was botched and from what I can tell, probably released against Axl's wishes. I fear it's too late now, regardless.

A general theme of your posts is that it is what it is, and we should take what we get and be happy. That's fine, the new GNR will never be what it could have been, and that is unfortunate. Something is better than nothing, absolutely. But it could have been so much more.

You can pretend that everything is moving full-speed ahead in the right direction if you want, and also pretend that the years 1993-2008 didn't happen, but I have some bad news for you. They happened.

Yes, Guns n' Roses has not been moving in a forward, discernible direction for many years. Have things been better the last 4 years? Yes, but it's still not actually going anywhere.

Axl needed to decide, is he going to reunite with the old guys, or move the current band forward at full-speed. Unfortunately, he needed to make that decision in 2002, and it didn't happen. Nothing happened, other than sporadic touring and one album release that was botched and from what I can tell, probably released against Axl's wishes. I fear it's too late now, regardless.

A general theme of your posts is that it is what it is, and we should take what we get and be happy. That's fine, the new GNR will never be what it could have been, and that is unfortunate. Something is better than nothing, absolutely. But it could have been so much more.

I am not pretending that "everything is moving full-speed ahead" (why are you saying things like this?), I am explaining why your idea that the band is "not steering in the right direction" but rather that "the ship is being continuously steered in a circle" and "is not going anywhere" does not fit with reality. Could you now please explain how a record release in 2008, continuous tours, talks about recording new music, lots of interviews, new web page and live streams fits with your description of a band that goes in circles? Could you also explain to me what it is you are missing in this time period to admit that the band is actually going forward? I am really curious to what that would be. I hope you are not one of those scorned fans living in the past who will never be happy unless the band reunites :)

I have also never claimed that the period 1993-2008 wasn't bad (in fact, if you read my previous post you'd see that I contrasted today's situation with exactly those dark ages). But you weren't complaining about that period, you were complaining about the band not moving forward now, today.

Chinese Democracy's release was botched. I don't see how you can claim otherwise. It was not properly promoted. There were almost no interviews, there were no videos, the liner notes were embarrassing. We know a video was filmed and edited, because Axl said it would be out in "a week" at one point. In fact, despite a number of tours since then, there wasn't one at the time there probably should have been, right after the record's release. I am not saying this is all Axl's fault, but when taken in conjunction with what happened in 2002 and again in 2006, it should be clear there was a pattern there.

All that talk about the CD sessions taking so long, specifically so that they could continue to tour while releasing the follow-up's, has proven not to be the case. "Lots" of interviews? Sure some band members do them frequently but Axl doesn't. The talk about recording sessions and future releases are all vague and not coming from Axl. Like it or not, he wanted to captain this ship and he barely does any interviews.

I have not cared about a reunion for a long time, because I liked the 2002 lineup, and I like the current lineup. But a band's primary objective is to create and release new music. Touring should be a supplement to that. This band doesn't release new music, and Axl doesn't say a word about it. There is as much confusion about the possibility of new recordings, as there is about what will happen with the rest of the material from the CD sessions. If he can't or won't do any of this, then maybe he should consider reuniting with the old guys.

Because touring playing mostly AFD and UYI material, with only Dizzy Reed in the band from that time period, doesn't make any sense.

Lolllll! Maybe you should stop 'bitching and moaning' about people bitching and moaning? Ever thought of that? Did that ever cross your delusional mind? This is a DISCUSSION forum, if you cannot read. Not an ass-kissing forum. Go to HTGTH if that is what you are after. I never said all my posts were negative, it's just easier for you to say they are so you have something to attack when I mention something about Guns that is not perfect.

Lolllll! Maybe you should stop 'bitching and moaning' about people bitching and moaning? Ever thought of that? Did that ever cross your delusional mind? This is a DISCUSSION forum, if you cannot read. Not an ass-kissing forum. Go to HTGTH if that is what you are after. I never said all my posts were negative, it's just easier for you to say they are so you have something to attack when I mention something about Guns that is not perfect.

Perfect for who? Opinions vary,and there is a certain contingent here that seems full-on negative about Damn near everything GNR does.

I'm a geek,I actually watch some of the History Channel,but two unknowns name-dropping to get some attention isn't going to change anything in the long run.

Sincerely,The Ninja Patrol

Edited by sailaway

Perfect for who? Opinions vary,and there is a certain contingent here that seems full-on negative about Damn near everything GNR does.

I'm a geek,I actually watch some of the History Channel,but two unknowns name-dropping to get some attention isn't going to change anything in the long run.

That is correct Sailaway, I do agree there is a faction here that exists strictly for trolling and/or being negative to every Axl does(even when it is good). However Popcorn implied(or outright stated) that Groghan and I should simply shut up, even when our posts are a form of discussion and constructive. Hell I even take into account what other people say, I know I'm not right all the time and often state it is my opinion. But Popcorn wants this place to be a utopia, where Axl is a deity and no bad word shall be spoken about him. He has another thing coming. I was merely sticking up for Groghan because I know he is a true fan of Guns. He used to be very pro-Axl back in the day but something changed that, isn't that telling? Not to Popcorn, to Popcorn it is merely an annoyance. Just because we do not stay silent when something Axl does is wrong does not make us cupcakes, haters, Slashites etc.

That is correct Sailaway, I do agree there is a faction here that exists strictly for trolling and/or being negative to every Axl does(even when it is good). However Popcorn implied(or outright stated) that Groghan and I should simply shut up, even when our posts are a form of discussion and constructive. Hell I even take into account what other people say, I know I'm not right all the time and often state it is my opinion. But Popcorn wants this place to be a utopia, where Axl is a deity and no bad word shall be spoken about him. He has another thing coming. I was merely sticking up for Groghan because I know he is a true fan of Guns. He used to be very pro-Axl back in the day but something changed that, isn't that telling? Not to Popcorn, to Popcorn it is merely an annoyance. Just because we do not stay silent when something Axl does is wrong does not make us cupcakes, haters, Slashites etc.

I'm not getting the point where you and Groghan can label something "wrong" simply because it doesn't appeal to you personally. I won't delve into my personal assessment of Groghan for brievity's sake,I truly get sick n' tired of the hater brigade who come here explicitly for the purpose of whining about how GNR isn't meeting their supposed "needs".

If that's the case,simply move on,I don't post in the parts of the forum that I could seriously be a negative,snarky SonofaBitch about,I don't waste my fucking time going to Bonjovi forums,simply to express my opinion on his pompous ass.

I'm weary of the negative vibe some people bring with them,its a stone cold drag.GNR is on tour,so I'm a happy camper and I enjoy Popcorn's verbal smackdown skillz,I don't ever recall labelling you as a cupcake,hater blah,blah

I'm not getting the point where you and Groghan can label something "wrong" simply because it doesn't appeal to you personally. I won't delve into my personal assessment of Groghan for brievity's sake,I truly get sick n' tired of the hater brigade who come here explicitly for the purpose of whining about how GNR isn't meeting their supposed "needs".

If that's the case,simply move on,I don't post in the parts of the forum that I could seriously be a negative,snarky SonofaBitch about,I don't waste my fucking time going to Bonjovi forums,simply to express my opinion on his pompous ass.

I'm weary of the negative vibe some people bring with them,its a stone cold drag.GNR is on tour,so I'm a happy camper and I enjoy Popcorn's verbal smackdown skillz,I don't ever recall labelling you as a cupcake,hater blah,blah

You are correct, he never labelled me a cupcake or hater, but he did tell me I "just need to give up and stop whining" simply after I told him Groghan is not a cupcake. We can label anything wrong if it appears that way to us, the exact same way you can label something totally right. I make a conscience effort to always add in "In my opinion" or "My sentiments are..."(although sometimes I forget). I always allow for constructive discussion and dissection of my posts, ask Soulmonster, we have had many discussions where we have been on opposite sides and it never got messy.

I will say Axl sounds good when he sounds good, I will praise Axl when he stops security from beating up a fan, I will say Axl looks in shape when he looks in shape. But I will also criticize when Axl does something wrong. Not because he owes me(what kind of ridiculous notion is that?) but because this is a discussion forum and it wouldn't be interesting if it were all rainbows and butterflies. You get the same thing on EVERY band's forums. People are still bitching about the mixing of Death Magnetic on the Metallica forums almost 4 years after the fact! Don't think all band forums worship their bands. Unless it is akin to HTGTH.

Edited by Young_Gun

You are correct, he never labelled me a cupcake or hater, but he did tell me I "just need to give up and stop whining" simply after I told him Groghan is not a cupcake. We can label anything wrong if it appears that way to us, the exact same way you can label something totally right. I make a conscience effort to always add in "In my opinion" or "My sentiments are..."(although sometimes I forget). I always allow for constructive discussion and dissection of my posts, ask Soulmonster, we have had many discussions where we have been on opposite sides and it never got messy.

I will say Axl sounds good when he sounds good, I will praise Axl when he stops security from beating up a fan, I will say Axl looks in shape when he looks in shape. But I will also criticize when Axl does something wrong. Not because he owes me(what kind of ridiculous notion is that?) but because this is a discussion forum and it wouldn't be interesting if it were all rainbows and butterflies.

One man's nectar is another man's poison YG,I actually have no issues w/you.

We could argue about semantics and the word "wrong" but I think you get where I'm coming from.

Getting told I'm unhappy in real life by a guy who calls himself popcorn, who complains about my negativity.....but who whines and cries about all of my posts (pot meet kettle), and a guy who worships a 50 year old rock singer doesn't make me mad. I border on laughing at how much rage you have because of a strangers posts on a rock n roll forum and feeling sorry for you because of how much rage you have because of a strangers posts on a rock n roll forum.

Kid, if my posts get you so angry and cause you to continually whine and cry because I don't worship OUR favorite singer, then you should look into some valium or prozak, take a week off from the internet, put me on ignore.....or pull up your big boy pants and realize that people have different opinions than you do. You can debate those people and show them how they are wrong, as well as sometimes even learning something from them. Or, I suppose, you can play the role of your own forum police and get outraged when people post things you don't like. And in the midst of your anger and whining.....be sure and tell them how angry THEY must be in real life.(insults always make ya feel a little better about yourself, don't they big guy)

Great posts young gun.

The fun thing about guys like popcorn and sailway is that they constantly whine and complain about other poster's negativity.....while the majority of their posts are bashing and insulting posters who they don't like. They both are obsessed with defending Axl's honor, and if you aren't 100% pro-Axl..if you are just 90% pro-Axl, then you are a no-good dirty dog Sonofab*tch who must be miserable in real life. And if you dare say that you wish your favorite singer would put out music more often, then you are an e-expert who has entitlement issues. It is pretty comical.

Heck, I've just recently discovered that not only do I have entitlement issues, but I'm also a coward, who is unhappy in life, and have a persecution problem. And this is from the group of posters who are always crying about people being too negative. Luckily, there is only a small core group that act that way. The majority of the posters on the forum are pretty cool and open minded when discussing our favorite band and singer.

Chinese Democracy's release was botched. I don't see how you can claim otherwise. It was not properly promoted. There were almost no interviews, there were no videos, the liner notes were embarrassing. We know a video was filmed and edited, because Axl said it would be out in "a week" at one point. In fact, despite a number of tours since then, there wasn't one at the time there probably should have been, right after the record's release. I am not saying this is all Axl's fault, but when taken in conjunction with what happened in 2002 and again in 2006, it should be clear there was a pattern there.

All that talk about the CD sessions taking so long, specifically so that they could continue to tour while releasing the follow-up's, has proven not to be the case. "Lots" of interviews? Sure some band members do them frequently but Axl doesn't. The talk about recording sessions and future releases are all vague and not coming from Axl. Like it or not, he wanted to captain this ship and he barely does any interviews.

I have not cared about a reunion for a long time, because I liked the 2002 lineup, and I like the current lineup. But a band's primary objective is to create and release new music. Touring should be a supplement to that. This band doesn't release new music, and Axl doesn't say a word about it. There is as much confusion about the possibility of new recordings, as there is about what will happen with the rest of the material from the CD sessions. If he can't or won't do any of this, then maybe he should consider reuniting with the old guys.

Because touring playing mostly AFD and UYI material, with only Dizzy Reed in the band from that time period, doesn't make any sense.

Are you denying all the good things that have happened in the last four years (new record, tours, interviews, streams, web page) or do you admit you exaggerated when you claimed that "the ship is being continuously steered in a circle" and "is not going anywhere"? You have already admitted things were worse in the dark ages, so you have actually already agreed that things are better now. It is not a big step to take...

I make a conscience effort to always add in "In my opinion" or "My sentiments are..."(although sometimes I forget). I always allow for constructive discussion and dissection of my posts, ask Soulmonster, we have had many discussions where we have been on opposite sides and it never got messy.

I admire people that can keep their cool and even manage to keep me cool when we disagree in discussions, and if they can also make me realize I am wrong, then I am forever thankful.

I make a conscience effort to always add in "In my opinion" or "My sentiments are..."(although sometimes I forget). I always allow for constructive discussion and dissection of my posts, ask Soulmonster, we have had many discussions where we have been on opposite sides and it never got messy.

I admire people that can keep their cool and even manage to keep me cool when we disagree in discussions, and if they can also make me realize I am wrong, then I am forever thankful.

:)

This forum would be boring it we all had the same opinion.

Great posts young gun.

The fun thing about guys like popcorn and sailway is that they constantly whine and complain about other poster's negativity.....while the majority of their posts are bashing and insulting posters who they don't like. They both are obsessed with defending Axl's honor, and if you aren't 100% pro-Axl..if you are just 90% pro-Axl, then you are a no-good dirty dog Sonofab*tch who must be miserable in real life. And if you dare say that you wish your favorite singer would put out music more often, then you are an e-expert who has entitlement issues. It is pretty comical.

Heck, I've just recently discovered that not only do I have entitlement issues, but I'm also a coward, who is unhappy in life, and have a persecution problem. And this is from the group of posters who are always crying about people being too negative. Luckily, there is only a small core group that act that way. The majority of the posters on the forum are pretty cool and open minded when discussing our favorite band and singer.

Since you namechecked me,I'll merely state that I am over the negative ninnys here who come to cry on a daily basis,and yeah 50 is so ancient :rolleyes:

I thought so when I was 20 as well,a matter of perspective.

I have evaluated the usual haters and I think they are compensating for some lack,or simply like the attention.Misery loves company but it won't be mine.