Forum Restructure

highvoltage

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, is it possible to make a section with Anything Goes, My World and Support? I want to minimize the rest in the Various.

Do you think maybe, if possible, Attitude threads should not show up on the side as most recently created threads?

I get the point of the section, both for posters and for mods it makes completely sense, but it is not apparent which section the newly created threads are in, and so to a visitor it could look like the forum is mainly discussing utter nonsense. Which I understand that it is, it just could look a bit off? Does that make any sense at all?

I just thought of a first time visitor (or band member I suppose, not that the forum caters to them) coming to the forum for the first time and seeing 'Slash/Paul McCartney same conspiracy?' and thinking the forum deals only in the totally bonkers.

Having said that, the twitter thing was a really good idea.

Edited by Chinaski

Do you think maybe, if possible, Attitude threads should not show up on the side as most recently created threads?

I get the point of the section, both for posters and for mods it makes completely sense, but it is not apparent which section the newly created threads are in, and so to a visitor it could look like the forum is mainly discussing utter nonsense. Which I understand that it is, it just could look a bit off? Does that make any sense at all?

I just thought of a first time visitor (or band member I suppose, not that the forum caters to them) coming to the forum for the first time and seeing 'Slash/Paul McCartney same conspiracy?' and thinking the forum deals only in the totally bonkers.

Hmm actually, that's a really good point!

As a team we will discuss that - thank you.

Done. :)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I must say that I was a bit sceptical about the attitude section the first two days, because nobody posted in it and I thought it would die out just like all other sections usually do, but it's really great. Good job with that! Just wanted to say that. :xmasssanta:

I must say that I was a bit sceptical about the attitude section the first two days, because nobody posted in it and I thought it would die out just like all other sections usually do, but it's really great. Good job with that! Just wanted to say that. :xmasssanta:

Thanks SS, really appreciate the feedback and most importantly of all, our community is having fun!!:)

Thought I'd post my suggestion here too:

-Keep the Slash section

-Merge the Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler and Duff McKagan sections. Dating back to 2003 they only have 6-8 pages of content each. Allow Gilby/Sorum/85 lineup discussion in there as well.

-Keep Former Gunners, change the focus to 98-present member solo projects.

So basically:

Guns N' Roses - General

-Discussion and News

-Attitude

-etc etc etc

-Solo Gunners (98-present)

Hall of Fame - Original GNR

-The Band

-Slash

-Former Gunners (85-94)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I doubt they'll change anything now when they just had the restructure, but if I had it my way, it would be:

>Guns N' Roses - General

>>Discussion and News

>>Attitude

>>HOF line up

>>Canters Banter

(It's own subsection, so we can minimize it if we want to.)

>Solo projects

>>Old GNR solo projects

>>New GNR solo projects

>>Velvet Revolver

Alternatively delete HOF merge it with D&N.

I honestly don't see any reason for a section for any individual member, as barely any of them have much activity at all, but it's no big deal, really, as I don't follow any of those sections.

I understand that this wont be done and I'm not posting it as a complaint, I do respect the work you all did with the restructure, this is just my own personal reflection on something that could have been cool.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

So if Axl was to guest-star on an Aerosmith track next year, what section would that go in? New GNR Solo projects?

The moderators already said that Axl's stuff always goes in the GNR section.

So if Axl was to guest-star on an Aerosmith track next year, what section would that go in? New GNR Solo projects?

The moderators already said that Axl's stuff always goes in the GNR section.

Wouldn't Richard guest-starring on a Britney Spears album be just as relevant and belong in the same section then? Why does Axl news deserve to be in the main section more than the rest of the band's news?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I personally think that Axl's solo stuff (guest appearances, etc.) from before 97 could be put in the old GNR solo section, while anything after 97 (Like the Angel Down songs for example) could be put in the new GNR solo section if it's that important. But honestly, can't you see the difference between Axl's solo stuff being discussed in the GNR section and Chris Pitman's? Maybe the fact that Axl is the only consistent, the only relevant and only important member left of the band. I mean, honestly, why should any thread about a Bumblefoot solo album be in the main section?