Forum Restructure

highvoltage

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a little buggy at the moment guys, I'll try and fix it ASAP.

Worked it out. It's not a bug. Basically, very frequently, the box is totally empty for me. It'll be the same for any other users with a shared IP address and affects any site that uses the twitter widget API.

The reason (if you're a nerd and you're curious) is that the widget uses an unauthenticated (not logged in) API that only allows 150 requests an hour from any given IP address. Because there are probably 1000's of people with my shared IP address browsing other sites with twitter widgets, the 150 requests an hour get filled pretty regularly.

This is a restriction built into the twitter API to prevent flooding of their servers. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do at our end to change that.

tl;dr - If the box is frequently blank, you probably have a shared IP address. :)

Speaking of structure, it's a bit strange that MY WORLD and ANYTHING GOES are part of MAIN GUNS N' ROSES although they are specifically designed so that we talk about things that are NOT Guns N' Roses while MEMORABILIA, DOWNLOADS and I suppose to a certain extent USE YOUR ILLUSION are VARIOUS. :shrugs:

Speaking of structure, it's a bit strange that MY WORLD and ANYTHING GOES are part of MAIN GUNS N' ROSES although they are specifically designed so that we talk about things that are NOT Guns N' Roses while MEMORABILIA, DOWNLOADS and I suppose to a certain extent USE YOUR ILLUSION are VARIOUS. :shrugs:

We're working on all of that stuff, man :thumbsup:

Guest Gunns

if he changes his name one more time, he should rename it von Beiber sorum or some other idiot who posts 2049 tweets an hour :xmassrudolph:

This forum will have a full re-structure within the next few weeks or so.

We're going to attempt to allow all opinions from all quality/intelligent members (without censorship) that clearly have differing views and we feel we can do this and hope you'll enjoy the changes we'll be making in the next few weeks and months. We've changed the mod team, returned banned members, made hundreds of changes behind the scenes, the forum new rules will be posted online tomorrow, Supporter benefits within a week or so and securing some really exciting deals to further promote this forum. In this main section at the minute it is a fucking mess and it needs sorting out and we'll do that, please bear with us!!

We're going to attempt to allow all opinions from all quality/intelligent members (without censorship) that clearly have differing views and we feel we can do this and hope you'll enjoy the changes we'll be making in the next few weeks and months. We've changed the mod team, returned banned members, made hundreds of changes behind the scenes, the forum new rules will be posted online tomorrow, Supporter benefits within a week or so and securing some really exciting deals to further promote this forum. In this main section at the minute it is a fucking mess and it needs sorting out and we'll do that, please bear with us!!

New Rules but I think my sig is to big for the current rules :shades:

New Rules but I think my sig is to big for the current rules :shades:

shhhh no-one knows!B)

Interested to see what the supporter benefits and new rules are. :)

new rules are not a million miles away from the last ones - just more updated, more sensible moderating and more clarity over the warning system.

Supporters benefits are improved from the previous ones (still need more time though before finally confirmed) for sure AND, we'll continue to add to those perks!:heart:

what i would say though when you finally see the new rules - bear in mind you've not seen the new forum re-structure (3/4 weeks) and that will effect those rules aswell, if that makes sense?

what I'm saying is, the rules is the first part, the re-structure which is around 90% agreed between the mod team at the minute, is the final part of that.