Donations Tracker is now Live!

highvoltage

Hey Everyone,

As you may have noticed, the new donations system is now live and can be accessed via the top navigation bar.

A few points to address regarding this:

• Donations of any amount over $5 will move you into the Supporters group with existing (and more, soon to be announced...!) forum benefits, such as no flood control, priority support, increased PM mailbox, green name, etc
  • Subscriptions will be valid for 12 months regardless of the size of the donation.
  • There is now a "donation tracker" and donor list, showing how much members have currently donated towards the monthly hosting bills.
  • Both the member name AND the donation amount can be anonymous by checking the option box when donating!
  • Donations of any size are appreciated!

Please let it be clear that donations (even large ones!) will not make any member immune to the rules of the site. As moderators, we treat all members equally, supporters or not.

Any funds that exceed the monthly costs will go towards Subsy's significant initial outlay for the forum's purchase.

Thanks again, we rely on you guys to keep this place running!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,I'm donating a bit more,but wish it to go to Angeles,Almost Famous, to allow them to be listed as supporters.

I'm actually a nice guy,don't tell anyone,would ruin my reputation.

Please notify me when this is done,using Paypal for this transaction, and make ANGELES and ALMOST FAMOUS listed as supporters please.

Am debating on a third party.

I want to support the comraderie of all the Gunners on the forum,instead of promoting myself.

I don't have access to the paypal account, but if you say you sent some, I'll buy it. :)

Can Angeles/AF please shoot me a quick PM to say they're OK with being made supporters before I swap them over?

Sent 15 bucks, add Bacardimayne to the supporters,he PMd me and sounded sincere.

I'll not hesitate to send more,but please use the donation I sent for Almost Famous,Angeles,And Bacardimayne to be listed as supporters.

I'm actually a nice guy,and thought this would be a great way to join the members together,and not have everyone so polarized.

Sure,I could have sent big bucks and attributed it all to me,but I have a different mindset,and thought we ALL ate GNR Fans,let's meet each other halfway and support the band we love.

Call me crazy,but good Karma brings Good Karma!!!!

Well I don't go around PMing people pretending to be nice whilst having ulterior motives if that's what you mean. :question:

And for the record, sailaway offered to make me a supporter if I could prove my status as an Axl supporter. It's not like I just PMed him and started begging for money. :lol:

add Bacardimayne to the supporters,he PMd me and sounded sincere.

He has a habit of doing that... but... as you wish...

What do you take me for? :lol:

:lol: What do you think!

High Volt, it is apparent that bacardimayne has unjustifiably treated you ,A global mod,with arrogance and disrespect.

This doesn't sit well with me,please remove him from supporters and add Ali on his place.

I'm all for giving someone a second chance,but his tone and attitude toward you has shown me he doesn't intend to change his ways.

I truly detest gunsNFNroses, and have an " aqaintance" on that site to feed me the lowdown.

I'm truly sorry through my post-gig alcohol trance that I let myself believe in humanity again,But regardless It's all good for mygnr,The money goes to the site,and to You n' Subsy who will imo do an excellent job.

I'll notify Ali,to contact you,and I'm truly sorry I let myself be sucked into Bacardimayne's game.

I'm here to help,not to throw a monkey wrench into future plans.

I hope you can forgive me for a momentary lack of judgement,I hate being cynical but Bacardimayne does not have the right to speak to you this way. Imo.

At least not on my dime.

Am contacting Ali now.

Thank you :)

High Volt, it is apparent that bacardimayne has unjustifiably treated you ,A global mod,with arrogance and disrespect.

This doesn't sit well with me,please remove him from supporters and add Ali on his place.

I'm all for giving someone a second chance,but his tone and attitude toward you has shown me he doesn't intend to change his ways.

I truly detest gunsNFNroses, and have an " aqaintance" on that site to feed me the lowdown.

I'm truly sorry through my post-gig alcohol trance that I let myself believe in humanity again,But regardless It's all good for mygnr,The money goes to the site,and to You n' Subsy who will imo do an excellent job.

I'll notify Ali,to contact you,and I'm truly sorry I let myself be sucked into Bacardimayne's game.

I hope you can forgive me for a momentary lack of judgement,I hate being cynical but Bacardimayne does not have the right to speak to you this way. Imo.

At least not on my dime.

Am contacting Ali now.

Thank you sailaway. That was extremely kind and generous of you.

Ali

Whoa, very cool of ya Sail. Much appreciated.

I support our Resident Native American!!

(Not racist,its our inside joke,and A. Knows it)

And yes we are Bros IRL.

I still don't see where I disrespected HV. :book:

Your Attitude Dude,It's laced with Arrogance,I don't like ur vibe.

Readjust it and I'll reconsider,plus I have probs w/ur track record,and connections to your forum.

Not being harsh,just honest.

At least not on my dime.

Am contacting Ali now.

Thank you sailaway. That was extremely kind and generous of you.

Ali

Ali,as I've said before,I'm an avid admirer of your posts on numerous boards, It's high time you are recognized and rewarded.

This is merely my way of saying Thanks. ;)

oohhh sailaway you're amazing!!! thanks for your kindness :heart:

Angeles I simply love your positive attitude,you are appreciated. ;)

Pm me anytime I can help.

It's the least I can do.

Readjust it and I'll reconsider,plus I have probs w/ur track record,and connections to your forum.

lol

I'm not going to beg you or "change my ways" just to have you change my name green. I appreciate the offer but if you think the post I made in reply to HV was over the line then your standards are ridiculous and I'll have to pass on this one.

pce

I gotta say that's a very nice gesture sail', good to see this place is getting back to it's old good self

I actually gave this serious though Gunns,It would be a self-promoting pompous ass move to donate a lump sum and then make a thread to brag about it,I ain't into that.

This way people get to be supporters,the forum benefits,good karma is generated.It's a win-win situation for everyone.

I'll be adding more ppl,as time allows-contacting paypal and notifying people takes longer than you realize,and my connection is sketchy.

Anyone is more than welcome to mimic my moves.

Rock on Gunns! :thumbsup:

lol

I'm not going to beg you or "change my ways" just to have you change my name green. I appreciate the offer but if you think the post I made in reply to HV was over the line then your standards are ridiculous and I'll have to pass on this one.

pce

You can't "pass on this one" I made that decision for you ;)

Hahahaha! Awesome! 'cardi's actually not a total toolbag but you did just cost him the price of his next McDonalds! :lol:

Love ur witty retorts Dazey,sadly the dry humor and irony fly over some people's heads.

I don't hate 'cardi,I was following a gut feeling.

Just to make it clear to everyone (and I have personally contacted Sailaway in this regard).

This gesture is a one off - You CAN'T buy donations for other members here. Given that High authorised it (no problem there) I have decided to honour this as a ONE OFF.

Once again, thank you to sailaway and all the other members who have kindly donated to date. Supporters benefits are being drawn up as we speak and we shoud have able to announce something in say 7-10 days?

Thank you.:)

lol

pce

You can't "pass on this one" I made that decision for you ;)

Well I pass on your offer to reconsider if I "readjust" my "behavior". :)

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

make me a supporter if I could prove my status as an Axl supporter.

YES!!! I hope this means you'll stop making mean comments about Axl's appearance and weight now!! :xmasssanta: