One for the conspiracy theorists...

andy-robertson

This observation of mine is completely tongue in cheek as far as I'm concerned, but I know how much people on here love to over analyse things and look for hidden meaning. So here goes...

Just started watching "

" (I think it's from sometime this week) on YouTube. Anyway, Slash is wearing a Mickey Mouse t-shirt... but instead of Mickey's face, there's a red star with what looks like a cross (X) over it...!!!!

Mickey Mouse... Often used as a metaphor for Axl's voice, Axl has himself worn a Mickey Mouse shirt recently (I think?)

Red star... China, Chinese Democracy, album artwork...

The cross (X)... Slash is anti-Axl, taking the piss out of the whole thing, hates Chinese Democracy...

Dun-dunn-derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Discuss.

:lol:

Slash has wasted the last 20 years in pettiness and bitterness. By the numerous songs he has since released he has proven that he is a great guitarist and an average songwriter. He left Guns N' Roses volunatarily because Axl refused to let him be the primary songwriter. In retrospect this was a blessing for Slash and GnR as he would have ruined the legacy of old Guns N' Roses. Axl and Izzy were the major force behind GnR, Duff was the engine, and Slash was a creative genius when he had the right song to work his magic on. But he is not a primary songwriter though and that is a big difference.

I think it has more to do with disney... and it's not just a cross, it's an upside down cross and then there's a pentagram... maybe saying that disney is of satan... I think it has nothing to do with Gn'R

Slash has wasted the last 20 years in pettiness and bitterness. By the numerous songs he has since released he has proven that he is a great guitarist and an average songwriter. He left Guns N' Roses volunatarily because Axl refused to let him be the primary songwriter. In retrospect this was a blessing for Slash and GnR as he would have ruined the legacy of old Guns N' Roses. Axl and Izzy were the major force behind GnR, Duff was the engine, and Slash was a creative genius when he had the right song to work his magic on. But he is not a primary songwriter though and that is a big difference.

Revisionist history mate as that is not why Slash left Guns...but it fits in well with this conspiracy theory thread.......

Just watched 5 mins of that Slash live in NY and I can't help but already cringe at Myles frontman abilities. He's a good technical singer but he has no presence and doesn't sing with any emotion in my opinion. Why are people always praising him? He's not a natural frontman and the way he tries to energise the crowd seems so forced and he just generally looks uncomfortable. I don't know why Slash think he has chemistry with this guy. I don't see it on stage at all.

Just watched 5 mins of that Slash live in NY and I can't help but already cringe at Myles frontman abilities. He's a good technical singer but he has no presence and doesn't sing with any emotion in my opinion. Why are people always praising him? He's not a natural frontman and the way he tries to energise the crowd seems so forced and he just generally looks uncomfortable. I don't know why Slash think he has chemistry with this guy. I don't see it on stage at all.

sad but true!

sad but true!

I get that he likes working with a guy who is enthuasiastic about writing new music and is a relaxed person to work with but to say the resulting music shows he has chemistry with him is just baffling! haha I don't know!

Revisionist history mate as that is not why Slash left Guns...but it fits in well with this conspiracy theory thread.......

That is straight from Duff. He just did an interview where he said Slash came in with a bunch of songs that were not good but the band was willing to work with 2 or 3 of them. Slash took his ball and did his Snakepit thing which used those 2-3 songs. he then quit for whatever reasons you cite - but he quit. Axl could not fire him. Duff stayed on for 2-3 years but left because of the slow progress of a new album and the fact that the working hours were not conducive to a family life. He also saw that Axl was not in a good state and that without Izzy who was going to write the songs. It's easy to blame everything on Axl but the fact is that is Slash didn't run away like a baby and didn't do a thousand press interviews criticizing Axl that GnR would probably be intact and probably have Izzy back by now as well.

Slash is the only person who is constantly trying to promote himself while blaming Axl for everything. Slash quit, he should be man enough to admit it and move on with his life. It's 20 years ago already!!! That is a long time - i feel bad for Slash that he can't move on with his life.

That is straight from Duff. He just did an interview where he said Slash came in with a bunch of songs that were not good but the band was willing to work with 2 or 3 of them. Slash took his ball and did his Snakepit thing which used those 2-3 songs. he then quit for whatever reasons you cite - but he quit. Axl could not fire him. Duff stayed on for 2-3 years but left because of the slow progress of a new album and the fact that the working hours were not conducive to a family life. He also saw that Axl was not in a good state and that without Izzy who was going to write the songs. It's easy to blame everything on Axl but the fact is that is Slash didn't run away like a baby and didn't do a thousand press interviews criticizing Axl that GnR would probably be intact and probably have Izzy back by now as well.

Slash is the only person who is constantly trying to promote himself while blaming Axl for everything. Slash quit, he should be man enough to admit it and move on with his life. It's 20 years ago already!!! That is a long time - i feel bad for Slash that he can't move on with his life.

Can you elaborate? What did he say about Axl at the time? Thks!

I never said Axl fired Slash only that your claim is not the reason he quit. Slash outlined his reasoning in his book and that was not the reason he cited. And Slash has moved on mate as he has released 6 albums of new music since then....sounds like you are the one who can't move on....

And you are being selective in citing why Duff left and part of it was because of Axl's meglomania......if you are going to post this stuff at least be factual....

Edited by classicrawker

I never said Axl fired Slash only that your claim is not the reason he quit. Slash outlined his reasoning in his book and that was not the reason he cited. And Slash has moved on mate as he has released 6 albums of new music since then....sounds like you are the one who can't move on....

And you are being selective in citing why Duff left and part of it was because of Axl's meglomania......if you are going to post this stuff at least be factual....

Axl is no doubt a hard person to work with. But you don't have to quit. Slash and Duff could have as easily waited it out and refused to work on Axl's time. What's the difference? The fact is that Slash quit 15 years ago!!! yet today he refuses to let it go. He also has released 6 mediocre albums which proves he was not the primary songwriter. His ego got so big he thought he wrote the structure of those songs. The most telling thing about Slash is that he didn't even recognize the potential of the Sweet Child O' Mine rift. Slash needs someone to write songs for him and he can layer over his fantastic solos. Isn't Axl really a control freak in Slash's mind because Slash really wanted the control?