Set List

the problem with Oh My God is we purchased it on the End of Days soundtrack and DVD movie. what about Something New in the setlist?

You bought the End of Days soundtrack? You sad cunt! :lol:

It's actually pretty good!

I bought it too. Like Limp Bizkit's Crushed too.

end of days soundtrack is a smart purchase

Saw it in a charity shop the other day - should've got another copy.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem with Oh My God is we purchased it on the End of Days soundtrack and DVD movie. what about Something New in the setlist?

You bought the End of Days soundtrack? You sad cunt! :lol:

It's actually pretty good!

I bought it too. Like Limp Bizkit's Crushed too.

end of days soundtrack is a smart purchase

Saw it in a charity shop the other day - should've got another copy.

you should. because a GUNS N ROSES song is on it

my setlist complaint and recommendation is axl should play more new "unheard" guns n roses songs from upcoming chinese democracy releases instead of classic hits from appetite and illusions

Also a little more variety from night to night would be good. Most other big bands I've seen seem to mix it up a little more than GNR do. It's not like GNR haven't created enough strong songs to have a much larger flexible setlist. You could have most of Appetite, a handful from Lies, and a good dozen at least from the Illusions, plus the Chinese era songs, maybe 1/2 brand new songs. So a total of around 40+ to choose from.

If you accept that Jungle, Sweet Child, November Rain, Nightrain, You Could Be Mine, Paradise City- and say- Brownstone and Knockin' (because they're easy songs to sing) are staples on the setlist night in/night out- that allows for around 60% of the setlist to be changed up depending on what the band feel. I know, I know we'll have people here saying but people want to hear the hits but songs like You're Crazy, My Michelle, Used to Love Her, Yesterdays etc. they're still well loved GNR songs that the crowd would love but they never seem to get played/or not even on the setlist options.

So yes, in a dream world- new material, more variety :thumbsup:

I agree with you,

About 2010,2011 and 2012 tour set list:

too many covers a jams; they are not interesting for the real gnr fans. It would be great one of the UYI songstyhat disapper for years, like "Perfect Crime" "Dead Horse" or Yesterdays and "Think About You"

Live and let die, sucks live!!

my setlist complaint and recommendation is axl should play more new "unheard" guns n roses songs from upcoming chinese democracy releases instead of classic hits from appetite and illusions

Also a little more variety from night to night would be good. Most other big bands I've seen seem to mix it up a little more than GNR do. It's not like GNR haven't created enough strong songs to have a much larger flexible setlist. You could have most of Appetite, a handful from Lies, and a good dozen at least from the Illusions, plus the Chinese era songs, maybe 1/2 brand new songs. So a total of around 40+ to choose from.

If you accept that Jungle, Sweet Child, November Rain, Nightrain, You Could Be Mine, Paradise City- and say- Brownstone and Knockin' (because they're easy songs to sing) are staples on the setlist night in/night out- that allows for around 60% of the setlist to be changed up depending on what the band feel. I know, I know we'll have people here saying but people want to hear the hits but songs like You're Crazy, My Michelle, Used to Love Her, Yesterdays etc. they're still well loved GNR songs that the crowd would love but they never seem to get played/or not even on the setlist options.

So yes, in a dream world- new material, more variety :thumbsup:

I agree with you,

About 2010,2011 and 2012 tour set list:

too many covers a jams; they are not interesting for the real gnr fans. It would be great one of the UYI songstyhat disapper for years, like "Perfect Crime" "Dead Horse" or Yesterdays and "Think About You"

Live and let die, sucks live!!

i agree with you 2. the covers suck. but so do the solo spots. they're not interesting 2 real gnr fans either. especially dj's mi amor and ron's really glad 2 b here. they SUCK live!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Before people get all cranky about "no new songs" for the tour in India - they haven't played there yet. It wouldn't make sense to debut new material there. These will be current setlist shows, which they should be.

Hold the new stuff and debut it for an audience who has seen the rest before. And frankly hoping for a release in 2012 is a bit much. 2013 actually makes more sense with DJ, Tommy, and Richard all saying that they're still working/recording - 2012 would be rushing it. 2013 would be 5 years between albums which is pretty normal in this day and age (look at Tool, or NIN taking 7 years for The Fragile).

So they should play the current set first for those people that haven't seen it yet? That's bullshit. That would give them an excuse to play the same old "shit" in x more countries without releasing anything new. Why not release a new album first and then play India? I'm sure the ppl there wouldn't be pissed about that. It wouldn't make sense to debut new material there? Fine. Then tour the USA, South America, Europe, or whereever it makes sense first, and then play shows in India.

They could continue this best of/CD tour for years in different places, without putting new music out. I'm reallty starting to get the feeling the all the touring is just about paying the fucking mansion. But oh no, it's just bringing CD to every place in the world, so nobody is missed out.

Apart from that I'll go to see them again if they come to my country again. With new material or (probably) not.

why not release a new album first and then play India? I'm sure the ppl there wouldn't be pissed about that. It wouldn't make sense to debut new material there? Fine. Then tour the USA, South America, Europe, or whereever it makes sense first, and then play shows in India.

i think that is what they are doing... they released an album then toured popular destinations a few times and now they are (hopefully) coming to India ;)

but no i know what u mean. we need new stuff. sadly i dont see it happening this year.

Edited by Ketan

Surely to God they are running out of places to play with this set list? I think India is the last place on Earth that they haven't played this show at, except for maybe Africa (and that was scheduled way back when and got cancelled). Wow...