Set List

I didn't go to Rock in Rio 4 but I did state up till about 3 or 4 in the morning watching the show. I didn't pay for it and watched it for free from YouTube. I still was kind was disappointed there weren't any new songs though debuted liked in RIR2 and RIR3. I can't imagine following the band's shows from show to show and seeing the same setlist without getting some kind of boredom.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine following the band's shows from show to show and seeing the same setlist without getting some kind of boredom.

THEN DON'T FOLLOW THE SHOWS.

I love people that say, "it's boring to read the same set every show" and yet they never consider the idea that maybe they should STOP READING.

Do some of you have a gun to your head or something? Why would you continue to read something you find so boring? I don't understand.

I don't follow the shows. But I understand and empathize with what the fans mean when they say they would be bored. Your caps lock looks broken by the way.

I don't follow the shows. But I understand and empathize with what the fans mean when they say they would be bored. Your caps lock looks broken by the way.

I would be bored if I read a review of Avengers every day it was in theaters.

How many times should one watch the Avengers in a lifetime? Your analogy between watching a movie and watching a 10 year Chinese Democracy tour opens up a can of worms.

Anyways, if they aren't going to play new songs then I can understand how people following the band would get bored watching the same show every time. Changing the setlist makes the show more memorable.

I would be bored if I read a review of Avengers every day it was in theaters.

So how does block work on here?

Great idea. You should definitely block the show threads so you aren't tempted to read the same set on each show of the tour.

Thanks for continuing to spam up this thread, MSL. I didn't want to read about the subject or anything and, yes, I caught the irony that I am adding to it.

A lot of bands always do cover songs live, especially Guns N' Roses. Though I do agree that with so many solo sections it's overkill but there's plenty of material played otherwise.

guns n roses shows can run smoother if individuas solos and cover tunes are cut back on for new "unheard" guns n roses songs

I stand by my post MSL. Unlike you, I don't lie. I don't have a reputation for lying. I just speak my mind. I agree with people getting bored with the setlists. I don't really see why you get offended by it.

Buckethead played some of his solo material like "Big Sur Moon" which I love. Why doesn't Bumblefoot play his?

I stand by my post MSL. Unlike you, I don't lie. I don't have a reputation for lying. I just speak my mind. I agree with people getting bored with the setlists. I don't really see why you get offended by it.

Buckethead played some of his solo material like "Big Sur Moon" which I love. Why doesn't Bumblefoot play his?

when i saw guns n roses in 2002. i wasn't bored with the setlist. or with robin or buckethead doing their solos. but times have changed. many feel the setlists should change. many are bored with them. i haven't gone to any 2012 shows. but from what i have seen with the setlists....i agree they could use major changes

Less solo sections, less slower ballards, more upbeat rockin songs. The ballards & solos get the audience bored as hell.

Also shake the set list up more. They've been doing the same show night in night our for ages now. Make the setlist more organic, shitload of songs to choose from, whilst the band also nails covers well, so really no excuse for same show every night imo.

Axl to stay on stage more, and not bail everytime he isn't singing.

Complaining about extra songs now?

I am a Guns N' Roses fan.

I go to (many) Guns N' Roses concerts to see Guns N' Roses.

Not Bob Dylan. Not Wings. Not AC/DC. Not Tommy Stinson. Not The Who. Guns N' Roses.

Also other bands may play covers but I'd bet it doesn't comprise 16% of their setlist.

(Or 25% if you include the UYI covers.)

Edited by Brodie

Are you basically admitting that you have a mental defect?

Oh boy. In your meta-arguments, wasting time complaining about the fact that people are wasting time complaining, you haven't come to realize that this thread is an exercise searching for improvement. You really haven't offered anything for this thread.

Anyways, I'm in favor of Ron playing some of his solo work or bringing back Silkworms (despite it being a sad Prodigy rip-off IMHO) for the continued Chinese Democracy tour.

Changing the setlist makes the show more memorable.

It also takes more work on the bands part to work up new stuff. It doesn't really effect ticket sales, so why bother with the extra work?

there's many songs in the can. from previous recording sessions. dj ashba and bumblefoot would have to learn robin's and bucket's parts on the songs. they would have to practice with tommy and richard. but it can be in a reasonable time. so new songs can be played by the current guns lineup at shows

Edited by finck6

Changing the setlist makes the show more memorable.

It also takes more work on the bands part to work up new stuff. It doesn't really effect ticket sales, so why bother with the extra work?

That's probably it. The boiler-plate consistency probably makes the shows more reliable in the public view. The unique experience makes the show more enjoyable though.

They know how to play IRS, If The World, Shackler's, Scraped, Catcher, Rhiad, TWAT, and even though it probably won't ever be played - Oh My God.

Removing certain songs and replacing them with the material Axl wanted to bury Appetite with would only make you know... logical sense....

They know how to play IRS, If The World, Shackler's, Scraped, Catcher, Rhiad, TWAT, and even though it probably won't ever be played - Oh My God.

Removing certain songs and replacing them with the material Axl wanted to bury Appetite with would only make you know... logical sense....

you're right. it makes logical sense for axl to play more new material at the shows

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I see no reason for Axl to play more new material when it is all really bad in comparison to the old material.

I see no reason for Axl to play more new material when it is all really bad in comparison to the old material.

okay. what do you think about already heard new material?l like robin's better, chinese demoracy, sod, twat, til, irs & bucket's if the world, twat, sorry, shacklers, and prostitute? are they really bad compared 2 old material like sweet child o mine, paradise city, it's so easy, november rain, estranged, and civil war?

Edited by finck6

and not the fucking same setlist every night !

why do you care if a show in russia has the same setlist as a show in america?

do you get upset when avengers has the same ending in california as it does in new zealand?

MSL, why do you repeat the same thing endlessly over and over and over and over and over again? We've all read your silly arguments hundreds of times, why do you have to keep repeating them on every page of the thread?