Set List

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I see no reason for Axl to play more new material when it is all really bad in comparison to the old material.

okay. what do you think about already heard new material?l like robin's better, chinese demoracy, sod, twat, til, irs & bucket's if the world, twat, sorry, shacklers, and prostitute? are they really bad compared 2 old material like sweet child o mine, paradise city, it's so easy, november rain, estranged, and civil war?

Those songs are the ones I am talking about. All CD songs but a very few sucks. I like Madagascar and some others. But in general it is a terrible album. Listen to shit like TWAT, PRostitute, Shackler's, Rhiad and Scraped. Yuck!

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and not the fucking same setlist every night !

why do you care if a show in russia has the same setlist as a show in america?

do you get upset when avengers has the same ending in california as it does in new zealand?

We got the Avengers before America.

Just sayin' :ph34r:

(that had nothing to do with the thread)

MSL, why do you repeat the same thing endlessly over and over and over and over and over again? We've all read your silly arguments hundreds of times, why do you have to keep repeating them on every page of the thread?

If you're tired of reading my corrections over and over, imagine how tired I am of reading the lies over and over.

I can tell from your youtube videos that you're a nice and likeable guy, but you are annoying as fuck on these forums!!!

I think that what mainly has people down about the whole setlist thing is that not only are they the same songs, but they're pretty much the same predictable order, and even Axl's clothes and stage movements seem identical each night. I get that it annoys people that this is the case, as the back catalogue may be short but it's certainly rich, plus we know they have plenty of new material and potential to pad out the setlists and shake things up.

When you're there, it doesn't matter at all. You're on such an adrenaline rush and having such a fucking great time that anything they play goes down an absolute storm. That said, I think the reason we're not seeing new material at these shows, is because Axl is working towards something. This tour has been largely similar to the 09/10 one in terms of stage, setlist and performance, with exceptions of course. The reason for this, I would guess, is because this tour is a 'cash-grab' I suppose you could say, but not for as shrewd a reason as Axl needing the money for personal reasons, but rather to support the band's future endeavours.

I think the band are touring extensively with the aim of raising funds to finish off any kind of material they may have in the bank, building up momentum. I don't profess to know what their contract stipulates they 'owe' the record label or how such a contract works, but could it be the case they want to buy themselves out of a record deal without doing so out of Axl's own pocket; touring could be an active way of both satisfying fan demand, keeping the band active, while also gathering funds to achieve this. Then, polish off the music they have, get the music into a place where it's virtually ready to package and ship, then look for a new record deal with a label who will not chase a reunion or throw manager after manager at the band who intend only to manufacture a return by Slash and others to the fold.

The last record saw little promotion and what can only be described as a shambles of a release; a failed A, B, C cover plan, no music video, fucked up first draft booklet, Axl nowhere to be seen or heard. If Axl wasn't happy with the way things were handled over the years, maybe the Best Buy deal paying off the creative costs of CD was stage one of trying to slowly work their way out of their current predicament. The subsequent trainwreck of a release, despite encouraging sales figures and a relatively positive reception to the material, would likely only further cement Axl's wish to go it either alone or with the backing of another label.

If this IS the case, might it explain why we're finally seeing 'Team Brazil' take over as management; maybe the label knows the band doesn't see its future with them and has given up trying to coerce Axl with various suggested managers as they have done in the past i.e. Merck, Azoff, Katsis, instead preferring to give Axl no support whatsoever and hope he fails.

Just my two cents, and I anticipate the 'tl;dr' posts. :P

been to all the uk shows so far (except tonight) and I feel sorry for the Nottingham crowd not getting Patience or Whole lotta rosie... However in regards to mixing the set up that would be cool but I like it as it anyway. Last time in the UK they played shackler's & IRS and they have been replaced with Estranged and Civil War. So they have gone back to the illusions records which is interesting but more so because the fans were crying out for them and shackler's and IRS were the weaker songs from crowd reaction. My opinion is that Axl sang them passionately, and were my highlights of 2010 but the crowds were dead during those songs, they aren't for civil war or estranged. however, that's life.

and not the fucking same setlist every night !

why do you care if a show in russia has the same setlist as a show in america?

do you get upset when avengers has the same ending in california as it does in new zealand?

So do you like going to a concert and know the set list before the gig? Once ok, but if like me you will see them several times this summer, it's quite boring.

There is nothing better than being surprised by his favorite band.

Edited by tranconneuse

I think the basic setlist could use some change. A few more Chidem songs replacing some Appetite or Chidem songs. An even better solution would be to replace those covers with Prostitute, Catcher etc. Before anyone gets judgmental about my OPINION, just know I'm not going to reply.

Guest Gunns

I'm still waiting to see Riad make an appearance, even if its just for 1 last time. 10 years between drinks is too long, especially considering it's a song from their latest album...(same goes for oh my god :xmassrudolph: )

I have the same general complaints as a lot of people here. The set list is so similar from night to night, with so little variation...touring is really the only thing this band does anymore, and it's starting to get really stale when they have so many old songs to play, and so many unheard songs from the Chinese sessions (and possibly beyond). If they go on much longer like this, without even one new, unheard song live, I don't know how much longer I can continue to care about this band at all.

I have the same general complaints as a lot of people here. The set list is so similar from night to night, with so little variation...touring is really the only thing this band does anymore, and it's starting to get really stale when they have so many old songs to play, and so many unheard songs from the Chinese sessions (and possibly beyond). If they go on much longer like this, without even one new, unheard song live, I don't know how much longer I can continue to care about this band at all.

maybe there'll be variation and big changes with the setlist at the next show. maybe a new song. maybe there's hope for you to care

maybe there'll be variation and big changes with the setlist at the next show. maybe a new song. maybe there's hope for you to care

But it's always been the case. In 2009/2010 it was "ok the album is out, Axl will definitely throw us a new song". In 2011 it was "Rock in Rio is going to be massive, Axl surely will debut new material". Then in late 2011 it was "It's the first time they have hit the states since 2007, Axl will definitely do something special and showcase new songs". Now it is "It's the second time they have hit Europe after Chidem's release, they must play new songs now...". It's the same pattern, over and over and over. Just like when waiting for Chinese Democracy all those years. Every year it made sense to release it and yet, it came out almost a decade after its official announcement. There will be no new songs played this year. Not for the UK, not for Dublin, not for Australia or even Japan. Have that mindset and your disappointment won't be as great. Most we can hope for is a seldom played song off Chidem or another song off UYI. If its another cover, I don't even count that.

But it's always been the case. In 2009/2010 it was "ok the album is out, Axl will definitely throw us a new song". In 2011 it was "Rock in Rio is going to be massive, Axl surely will debut new material". Then in late 2011 it was "It's the first time they have hit the states since 2007, Axl will definitely do something special and showcase new songs". Now it is "It's the second time they have hit Europe after Chidem's release, they must play new songs now...". It's the same pattern, over and over and over. Just like when waiting for Chinese Democracy all those years. Every year it made sense to release it and yet, it came out almost a decade after its official announcement. There will be no new songs played this year. Not for the UK, not for Dublin, not for Australia or even Japan. Have that mindset and your disappointment won't be as great. Most we can hope for is a seldom played song off Chidem or another song off UYI. If its another cover, I don't even count that.

i see what you mean. in 2001, axl changed the game. with robin finck and buckethead in toe.....axl debut new songs like chinese democracy, the blues, and madagascar. big moments. it was special. after that comes the debut live of irs, twat, shacklers revenge, if the world. very cool. album comes out. a pattern happens which you describe with the setlist through today. we can only hope for new songs. only so much appetite and uyi you can perform until your main choice and options is new stuff

I think on paper, if you were going to your first Guns N Roses show, its actually a pretty fucking incredible setlist if you look at the quality and quantity of songs they are playing.

Having said that, I completely agree with this:

I think that what mainly has people down about the whole setlist thing is that not only are they the same songs, but they're pretty much the same predictable order, and even Axl's clothes and stage movements seem identical each night. I get that it annoys people that this is the case, as the back catalogue may be short but it's certainly rich, plus we know they have plenty of new material and potential to pad out the setlists and shake things up.

When you're there, it doesn't matter at all. You're on such an adrenaline rush and having such a fucking great time that anything they play goes down an absolute storm.

Edited by Chinaski

Any setlist won't really satisfy me without at least one brand new, unreleased original song.

is there an unreleased song in particular you want 2 hear at a guns n roses concert?

Well... I don't have any post-1994 unreleased songs, so I don't know.

how about the general? or the infamous blood in the water? the most listened to 40 seconds ever on youtube lol

Any setlist won't really satisfy me without at least one brand new, unreleased original song.

is there an unreleased song in particular you want 2 hear at a guns n roses concert?

how about the general? or the infamous blood in the water? the most listened to 40 seconds ever on youtube lol

Yeah that's true, we have heard clips of The General, Blood in the Water, and Jackie Chan. From those, I guess I'd have to say I'm looking forward to Jackie Chan the most.

I have the same general complaints as a lot of people here. The set list is so similar from night to night, with so little variation.

A similar set from night to night, with little variation, is what occurs on the vast majority of music tours.

Why do you care if the set from one show is similar to the next, especially when you weren't even there?

For those of you who are tired of Chinese, which is certainly very reasonable as it's been out for 3 1/2 years and many of us heard leaks years before that, why don't you find something else to do with your life while the band finishes up the touring for Chinese?

Let those that are still interested enjoy, and those that are not interested, find something you do enjoy. The world is vast. There are other things to do besides reading about concerts you didn't go to from a tour you think is boring.

Unless you guys just hate yourselves?

Your views are so miopic, it's really not that simple.

You can love the band and want to see them but also want things spiced up. Could you imagine the hype and excitement if the broke out one new song? Or even broke out Coma, OMG, Perfect Crime.

I'm not advocating a completely changed set, do many songs need to be staples but would it be such a big deal to drop one song and replace it with something?

Glasgow was incredible, a lot of people there were there for a greatest hits act. That is to be expected considering what an incredible back catalogue there is but a small amount of variation would help with buzz and hype.

People are only hoping for small changes, even one.....no outrageous is it?

That being said they put on a killer show.

Yeah that's true, we have heard clips of The General, Blood in the Water, and Jackie Chan. From those, I guess I'd have to say I'm looking forward to Jackie Chan the most.

jackie chan clip sounds cool. i wonder if there is a big solo on jackie chan from robin or bucket? might be killa lol

I'm negative :lol:

I'm afraid it's is impossible to get some people to understand logic, did you actually read what I said or do you just have standard copy and paste responses ?

YOU ARE NOT A FAN IF YOU DO NOT LIKE EVERYTHING GUNS N' ROSES DO. YOU DO NOT GO TO SHOWS AND DO NOT LIKE THE BAND. FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO.

That is basically what MSL says in every reply.

Edited by Young_Gun