"In my opinion, fans would rather have us put out music than tour" - BBF

The Glow Inc.

I miss Bucket! :cry::cry::cry:

Why? Because he didn't speak at all?

Did we ever get a picture of him unmasked? I know that young one from that newspaper article is fake.

Joey.jpg

The one on your right.

That's not Bucket, that's another guitar player named Stéphane Alaux from France. I'm pretty sure the old newspaper article is legitimate and the only real picture of him unmasked.

Edited by Young_Gun

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha! Bumble not long for this band by the looks of it! At least he has the balls to speak up anyway! :)

He has had one foot out the door for ages, you can feel it in interviews, some little snide comments and a general vibe.

Honestly, I think that's just Ron's overall attitude, not his attitude toward being in Guns. He jokes a lot and is very sarcastic. I'm sure other big Bumble fans like Glow could vouch for me on this one.

Guest Gunns

From around 1987, they say ... :xmassrudolph:

That's the one, the guy that filmed it is quiet liberal in the information he gives out to the YouTube users who ask him questions about Bucket.

He's provided some cool insight throughout the years

Oh my goodness. If I understand BBF correctly, it's as if fans who merely watch the shows from home on youtube clips actually matter!

Don't you think fans who attend shows ALSO want a new record and would prefer that before another tour?

We all want the same, band members, hardcore fans, casual fans: new music. And Axl has said he wants to release more music but also to tour heavily in support of CD. Let's just hope things play out according to that plan.

Oh my goodness. If I understand BBF correctly, it's as if fans who merely watch the shows from home on youtube clips actually matter!

Don't you think fans who attend shows ALSO want a new record and would prefer that before another tour?

We all want the same, band members, hardcore fans, casual fans: new music. And Axl has said he wants to release more music but also to tour heavily in support of CD. Let's just hope things play out according to that plan.

Are you sure casual fans which are the vast, vast majority out there that grew up with GnR, want new music?

All the casual fans I know of, don't give a fuck about new GnR music and some don't even know that CD was released! LOL

IMO all they want his a good ol'trip down memory lane hearing heyday GnR classics...

Axl seems to agree with me, or he'd focus on playing more CD stuff on the concerts, instead of so much AFD/UYI stuff.

Are you sure casual fans which are the vast, vast majority out there that grew up with GnR, want new music?

You have a good point. I probably shouldn't have included casual fans, although I am sure they have nothing against new music.

Like everyone here I'd love to hear new music form Axl and the band but I just can't see it happening as it would've already by now. In 2011 Axl was off the road for nealy the whole year and he didn't write with the band. If he didn't then with all that free time then it's unlikely ever? I'm not being pessinistic just realistic. If Axl feels he is still trying to live up to the old Gnr legacy then releasing more music over the years would've curbed that criticism that and reinforced this new band as a force in the media and fans eyes. I don't get it but I think it's due to Axl's mental problems and fear of criticism. Who knows. I know this is all common sense and been sais before! Alot of the reason why people dismiss the new band over the years is bacause the lack of output(14 songs in 20 years). If he had released more music at least people can't dismiss him as a productive musician. Who releases a perfect album? There are legendary musicians who still release music even tho it doesn't compare to their earlier work e.g MJ, Bruce Springsteen etc.. Axl needs to stop the O.C.D and just at least release the rest of the CD tracks and then start collabing with the new band. It's great that Ron at least acknowledges what the fans want. Hopefully they'll get thru to Axl one day. As Glow Inc says the fans of current band are starving for music and that's an understatemnent! Anyway rant over from desperate fan haha.

Edited by Janis

Well, if we use that logic, do you think casual fans who don't even know who is in the band actually WANT ( as in "eagerly wait for" ) a tour or do they just go to shows because, well, Guns n' Roses happen to be in town ?

"Fans", the people who actually like that band ( and its members ), are mostly starving for music so I hardly see how BBF is wrong...

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Well, if we use that logic, do you think casual fans who don't even know who is in the band actually WANT ( as in "eagerly wait for" ) a tour or do they just go to shows because, well, Guns n' Roses happen to be in town ?

"Fans", the people who actually like that band ( and its members ), are mostly starving for music so I hardly see how BBF is wrong...

I don't think anyone here thinks Bumbles is wrong, this is one of those rare moments where we all agree.

Huh. Fans on the board say "Don't tour! Enough touring! Do new music!" and they get shouted down. BBF says the same thing, and they change their tune.

Can you give an example of someone disagreeing with members who say they prefer if the band would focus on releasing music rather than touring? I have NEVER seen such a post here. We all seem to agree on this issue. No need to construct a disagreement just because we're on mygnrforum.