The models at the side of the stage are fucking insulting to the fans

Towelie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ali, I don't know how to answer you any other way - I am not jealous. I just think it is simply wrong that dedicated fans who have followed the band for years can struggle to get decent seats to a show and yet bimbos have the luxury of being at the front because they smile real pretty and wear low cut tops.

I understand you feel disrespected. I don't doubt that. But, what you're describing sounds like envious resentment, I.e. jealousy.

Ali

You're just jealous.

Not really. I was about ten feet away from Axl last night. That's not the point. It still ain't fair.

Why? Because you feel you, as a real fan, should be able to be in that position?

Ali

I feel any fan should be rewarded over some bimbo who would rather use their cellphones and go to the bar than actually watch the show.

Is there nothing you won't defend St Axl over?

So, you are in fact, jealous. That's all I was gettin at. It's understandable. But, that's just how it is.

Ali

What a stupid post. There is a difference between being jealous and being disrespected.

If you want to or feel you deserve be in a position someone else is in, that is jealousy. To think otherwise, is pure ignorance.

Ali

No, that isn't true at all. You might want to look up the definition of the word.

But I do admire your ability to defend Axl on EVERY issue, no matter what it is. It's sort of like Axl is an actual God who just lives on earth with us mere humans. We are extremely lucky to be graced with his presence.

Oh, quick question. When Stephanie and Erin both claimed that Axl physically assaulted them....was that Axl's fault......or were they being disrespectful and deserved what they got?

Ali, I don't know how to answer you any other way - I am not jealous. I just think it is simply wrong that dedicated fans who have followed the band for years can struggle to get decent seats to a show and yet bimbos have the luxury of being at the front because they smile real pretty and wear low cut tops.

I understand you feel disrespected. I don't doubt that. But, what you're describing sounds like envious resentment, I.e. jealousy.

No, it doesn't. It sounds like people feeling disrespected. I get what he's saying and I would feel the same way.

No, it doesn't. It sounds like people feeling disrespected. I get what he's saying and I would feel the same way.

Actually, it does. I'm not saying that there isn't a feeling of disrespect compounded in there, but feeling you deserve o be in someone's place falls under jealousy according to this definition:

characterized by or proceeding from suspicious fears or envious resentment.

Ali

Rockstars have groupies (and wives) attend shows. Get over it... If they weren't where they were it is not like you (or other "real fans") would been there instead.

Exactly - would you be more into the band if there were 20 homely chicks there instead?

Would it make a difference if it was 20 of their best friends?

Would it make a difference if it was from a special sale the band held?

The fact is - all of those are really the same thing...it's people the band chose to be there, and not participate in the general auction of tickets. Favouritism of some kind. Theirs just happens to be something they can bang after the show. Maybe the fans in the UK aren't hot enough?

Their reasons are their reasons. If you're ok with the band having that kind of special access, then if you are particular as to what kind of access that is (and that it doesn't include you) then you are, as a previous poster pointed out, jealous.

To be clear, I think it would be cool to get To watch the show from the side of the stage. But, I'm not going to sit here and expect that I would get that over a hot girl, either.

Ali

Anyone that thinks Axl had anything to do with this knows nothing about him or GNR.

I couldnt give a shit though. I hope DJ banged the shit out of every one of them :rofl-lol:

Ha I saw them the first night at the station at 4am calling a taxi, but I did hear them say they were at the show tomorrow so who knows, wouldn't surprise me ha the blonde was pretty fit but the others were average so if they got backstage there is hope for us all haha

This was not fun! I never complain about gnr, I enjoy what they give no matter what. But this was not fun at all. I didn't line up from the morning, not to see a shit. I was at front row, but with 15 people in front of me at most, jumping up and down, I couldn't see anything. I'm not very tall... Thankfully Fernando told them to go forward, so we could see, but they remembered that for 2 minutes.

I don't care about that they didn't care about the music. One of them even said she hated rock music and needed to get drunk. They took pictures of themselves all the time, and just takkes a lot. They were all nice and friendly though, and just had a good time. And that's all good. But it's annoying to have so many people right in front of you, so that you almost can't see. And you could tell it wasn't easy for the photographers to work.

Guns were great and I loved the show, I always do!! But to me, this ruined a lot :huh:

As an ardent music fan I have no respect for anyone who chooses to text on their iPhone or take pictures of themselves while a band is playing, model or not... it's just disrespectful... but at the same time it's axl's party, i think of myself as a guest at his party... i don't think I have the right to say who should be there or who shouldn't or make any rules whatsoever... I'm there for the music and when that's happening and I don't care if there's 50 bimbos lined up at the side of the stage... I wouldn't notice or care...I'm enjoying myself...fuck everyone else

This was not fun! I never complain about gnr, I enjoy what they give no matter what. But this was not fun at all. I didn't line up from the morning, not to see a shit. I was at front row, but with 15 people in front of me at most, jumping up and down, I couldn't see anything. I'm not very tall... Thankfully Fernando told them to go forward, so we could see, but they remembered that for 2 minutes.

I don't care about that they didn't care about the music. One of them even said she hated rock music and needed to get drunk. They took pictures of themselves all the time, and just takkes a lot. They were all nice and friendly though, and just had a good time. And that's all good. But it's annoying to have so many people right in front of you, so that you almost can't see. And you could tell it wasn't easy for the photographers to work.

Guns were great and I loved the show, I always do!! But to me, this ruined a lot :huh:

Wow, that sucks :( I thought they were at the side of the stage, not right in front of the audience blocking their view :thumbsdown:

As an ardent music fan I have no respect for anyone who chooses to text on their iPhone or take pictures of themselves while a band is playing, model or not... it's just disrespectful... but at the same time it's axl's party, i think of myself as a guest at his party... i don't think I have the right to say who should be there or who shouldn't or make any rules whatsoever... I'm there for the music and when that's happening and I don't care if there's 50 bimbos lined up at the side of the stage... I wouldn't notice or care...I'm enjoying myself...fuck everyone else

That's right what you say. Of course we can't decide who's the guests and not, and I didn't intend to mean that. And I am also there for the music. But you DO notice them when they block your sight right in front of you, and it is annoying when you have lined up early and waited for 11 hours....! Shit, I must laught of myself. This is the first time ever I've been upset with anything related to gnr shows.. And I've been to many :rofl-lol:

Soo...

Models get hired to pretend to give a shit about the nu guys, while the people who actually give a fuck get left out in the cold. And even IF Axl and co. didn't initiate this, this has been public knowledge for a while now. They're allowing it to happen.

Please explain to me how that is not pathetic... :rolleyes:

Wow, that sucks :( I thought they were at the side of the stage, not right in front of the audience blocking their view :thumbsdown:

I know.. I don't see why they had to do it like that :question: I know most people at front row were very upset about it, at least those I talked to. I always stay to the left, but thought I'd stay to the right this time. Not smart. Go for the left side, they're most likely to be to the right if it wasn't only for the UK ;)

I know.. I don't see why they had to do it like that :question: I know most people at front row were very upset about it, at least those I talked to. I always stay to the left, but thought I'd stay to the right this time. Not smart. Go for the left side, they're most likely to be to the right if it wasn't only for the UK ;)

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people being upset by this. I'm really hoping this model stuff was just in the UK so I won't have to deal with it when I see them as I'm planning to be on front row. Like you say, it's not cool waiting in line for 11 hours just to have your view blocked by someone who doesn't even know who Guns N' Roses is.

I'll try and head for the left side just in case though, thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

Had a great time at last nights show in London, but the models and bimbos milling around the side of the stage was an insult to the fans.

You could tell none of them knew any of the words or had any genuine interest in the music. Some of the girls were more interested in checking their cellphones and chatting to the security than enjoying the show. Not really fair when there are hardcore fans who have stood by the band for years who would give their left limb to have that view.

Not cool Axl.

This is old school, genuinely.

Brit-bands such as Whitesnake and Magnum used to have this. It is nornally down to the promoter, or a filming crew recording a DVD

That's right what you say. Of course we can't decide who's the guests and not, and I didn't intend to mean that. And I am also there for the music. But you DO notice them when they block your sight right in front of you, and it is annoying when you have lined up early and waited for 11 hours....! Shit, I must laught of myself. This is the first time ever I've been upset with anything related to gnr shows.. And I've been to many :rofl-lol:

Oh that sucks :( I really hope someone could tell Axl that this happened. That isnt fair, thats ridiculous. He can stop that. Maybe Ron could tell him what happened to fans waiting for 10, 11, 12 hous...? I dunno. But that bullshit has to stop or else they're not showing any respect to the fans that were there.

Soo...

Models get hired to pretend to give a shit about the nu guys, while the people who actually give a fuck get left out in the cold. And even IF Axl and co. didn't initiate this, this has been public knowledge for a while now. They're allowing it to happen.

Please explain to me how that is not pathetic... :rolleyes:

One of the models who was at one of the earlier shows on the UK tour explained in a series of comments on BBF's Facebook page that they weren't hired or paid. They were just given free tickets.

Ali