The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

October release:

hsuwwz.jpg

:devilshades: - fuck yeah!

Got this on DVD. Will watch it soon, and then Chinatown after that. Looking forward to these two big time.

I was checking Amazon to see if Drowning Mona had been released on BR. I remember it fondly. Apparently it has not been, but I found it kind of funny that they have a VHS copy in stock and it's priced at $0.01.

I'm in watching Pulp Fiction right now, and my God...it's like I'm seeing he movie for the first time. The sound, the picture transfer. I wish all movies had to be approved by their directors for a BD transfer. It really does live up to the hype of the transfer.

Picked up Enter The Dragon for 7.99 yesterday.

Went back to the store today and it was 24.99.

Looks great on blu!

Also picked up Inception for 10 bucks.

Package arrived today with High Noon and the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers on blu!!

REALLY stoked for both of those!

October release:

hsuwwz.jpg

:devilshades: - fuck yeah!

hey buddy - if you pre-order that for home delivery at barnes and noble right now, you'll get it for 50% off.

just a heads up. you can do that with any criterion dvds, and even if they're unreleased as long as you pre-pay for them you'll get the sale price.

Picked up Enter The Dragon for 7.99 yesterday.

Went back to the store today and it was 24.99.

Looks great on blu!

Also picked up Inception for 10 bucks.

Package arrived today with High Noon and the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers on blu!!

REALLY stoked for both of those!

the inception blu-ray is great.

i need to get some more of the criterion transfers because they're STUNNING.

hey buddy - if you pre-order that for home delivery at barnes and noble right now, you'll get it for 50% off.

just a heads up. you can do that with any criterion dvds, and even if they're unreleased as long as you pre-pay for them you'll get the sale price.

Really?...cool!

I've heard mixed things on that.Some have said that preorders convert back to reg price on checkout.

I'm going to give it a try though...if it works,I'm also going to preorder Quadrophenia.

Might pick up Eating Raoul as well,definitely want that in the collection. :devilshades:

They truly are..just amazing!

Really?...cool!

I've heard mixed things on that.Some have said that preorders convert back to reg price on checkout.

I'm going to give it a try though...if it works,I'm also going to preorder Quadrophenia.

Might pick up Eating Raoul as well,definitely want that in the collection. :devilshades:

you gotta make it clear that you want to pre-pay for a home delivery, and then you'll get the sale price. you're effectively paying for it that day, so you get the price as it's listed in the computer.

however, if you just give them your name and number to preorder it, they wait until the item comes into the store in october, and then when you go to pick it up the sale will have ended and it will ring up full price - even though you pre-ordered it during the sale.

the key is to tell them you want to prepay a home delivery, and you should have no problems. i work at barnes and noble music department whenever i'm home from school, and that's how we've always done it. :takethat: not exaggerating when i say i used to blow a lot of my paycheck on stuff there - the regular dvds can tend to be overpriced but when they have sales (like the criterion ones) it's really awesome and i'd go wild. :lol:

Really?...cool!

you gotta make it clear that you want to pre-pay for a home delivery, and then you'll get the sale price. you're effectively paying for it that day, so you get the price as it's listed in the computer.

however, if you just give them your name and number to preorder it, they wait until the item comes into the store in october, and then when you go to pick it up the sale will have ended and it will ring up full price - even though you pre-ordered it during the sale.

the key is to tell them you want to prepay a home delivery, and you should have no problems. i work at barnes and noble music department whenever i'm home from school, and that's how we've always done it. :takethat: not exaggerating when i say i used to blow a lot of my paycheck on stuff there - the regular dvds can tend to be overpriced but when they have sales (like the criterion ones) it's really awesome and i'd go wild. :lol:

Don't know if you made it too clear, but you DO have to do that in store, as you can't online. Sucks, because the nearest B&N is like 30 miles away.

Oh well though.

Really?...cool!

Don't know if you made it too clear, but you DO have to do that in store, as you can't online. Sucks, because the nearest B&N is like 30 miles away.

Oh well though.

Yeah was just going to mention that as well.

I don't even know if we have them in Canada,but if we do they are nowhere near my location.

I tried last night online but it didn't work,I appreciate the tip though.

Plus I did find some good ones on sale. :)

Thanks for mentioning Barnes and Noble. I didn't even know they ship to Cda, but went over there and they do. Good prices too, very competitive with Amazon.

So I picked up two Criterion Blu Rays (because of Zint talking about them so much) and also The Usual Suspects. The two Criterion flicks are Gimme Shelter and Twelve Angry Men. $20 each for the Criterion stuff.