The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Ugh, even though I own all of the films, and even two of them in steelbooks (going on three with Avengers is released), this is still very tempting:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Phase-One-Avengers-Assembled-Blu-ray/46675/

Pre-ordered this. I need to sell my Captain America blu though.

Couldn't help it - just pre-ordered these:

71VVtDwt1ZL._AA1184_.jpg

71WguYCFWKL._AA1185_.jpg

Also, thinking about the Ghostbusters steel - http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71C02JDel7L._AA1186_.jpg

Pre-ordered these as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by pi2loc

Looking forward to both, but probably will wait a little for The Royal Tenenbaums. Not interested in paying $40 for that release, or even $25 with my discount.

We'll see, though.

And I had to cancel my Jaws steelbook pre-order :( Might see if I can find it cheap somewhere again and pre-order again.

EDIT: Eh, just pre-ordered again for $28 shipped. If I'm tight on cash I'll cancel it again, though I do have until September 3rd since I'm getting it from the UK :tongue2:

EDIT2: Tenenbaums review is up - http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Royal-Tenenbaums-Blu-ray/39497/#Review - Fuck it, I'm using the $20 gift card I just got for work and getting that shit Day 1.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet unfortunately. I'll probably save it for Saturday night when I've got the night free (I'm on afternoons right now).

I can only imagine how weird it must be to see that show in contrast to seeing nothing but Maiden England for so many nights. :lol:

Yeah, I'll probably pick that up eventually, but not when it first comes out. I'll wait for a good sale on it. I'm still waiting for a good sale for the Star Wars saga :tongue2:

Anyways, I seriously cannot wait for the Royal Tenenbaums release. After reading the review, and seeing the quality ratings it got, I'm so ready to sit down and watch that movie again.

Also, there are a bunch of movies that I'd wish they would get around to putting on blu-ray. Heavy Weights, Zoolander, Ace Ventura 1 & 2, Liar Liar, etc. C'mon, you bastards...

Lucas can still suck my fucking dick for the Blu Ray and DVD changes to Star Wars. Fortunately Spielburg said that Indiana Jones movies would remain un-raped on Blu Ray like he did with ET.

I completely agree. I will not buy the Stars Wars movies until he releases them unaltered.

Lucas can still suck my fucking dick for the Blu Ray and DVD changes to Star Wars. Fortunately Spielburg said that Indiana Jones movies would remain un-raped on Blu Ray like he did with ET.

I completely agree. I will not buy the Stars Wars movies until he releases them unaltered.

Yeah, that's something that's been holding me back as well. But, if it ever hits a $40/50 price, it'll be damn hard not to pick it up.

Anyway, like I said before, I can't wait for The Royal Tenenbaums. I've got my gift card all ready to go when it comes out! ^_^

Indiana Jones I actually must say looks absolutely amazing upconverted on DVD. After watching some of my better transfers I have to say Indiana Jones may be able to wait. I'll be damned if I'm paying 70 bucks for a collection that includes Crystal Skull.

I guess you'll never pick them up then, since Lucas has stated countless times these are the only versions of the films that will be on Blu Ray. Even if he changed his mind, they will get a piss poor transfer like when the originals came out on DVD.

Star Wars series picked up day one.

Indiana Jones series I have no prob waiting for a Black Friday sale or something.

No way I can wait on Indiana Jones, those movies are my childhood - much more so than Star Wars even. My earliest conscious memory is watching Temple Of Doom when I was like 4, and I was hooked B)

Finally watched En Vivo last night. I'll probably watch the bonus features later but the concert was great. It was a nice change of pace from Flight 666 to have a single concert. The set list was good, Bruce sounded good, and the band was tight. Overall, it was great. My only gripe was the audio. The mix sounded a bit lifeless to me, but not enough to spoil it for me.

Finally watched En Vivo last night. I'll probably watch the bonus features later but the concert was great. It was a nice change of pace from Flight 666 to have a single concert. The set list was good, Bruce sounded good, and the band was tight. Overall, it was great. My only gripe was the audio. The mix sounded a bit lifeless to me, but not enough to spoil it for me.

Interesting you didn't care for the mix; on the contrary I thought it was the best mixed Maiden live album to date...

Picked up I Love You, Man, Office Space, and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind today, all on sale at Best Buy.

Interesting you didn't care for the mix; on the contrary I thought it was the best mixed Maiden live album to date...

Picked up I Love You, Man, Office Space, and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind today, all on sale at Best Buy.

How does Close Encounters look on blu?

Haven't picked that up yet.

I probably used the wrong word. Perhaps I meant the production. In terms of where things sat in the mix it was fine (I'm always impressed with how the three guitars sit so well together) but I found the overall sound to be a bit dull. Something about Flight 666 just sounded a bit brighter I guess. That's not a good word either, but it's hard to describe the sound. Maybe it's just because I've listened to Flight 666 to death so I'm so used to how it sounded.

Just got my copies of Gimme Shelter and 12 Angry Men on Blu-Ray (Criterion Collection). First two Criterion movies I ever bought and I think it's safe to say they won't be the last. The packaging and booklet are great and I trust the movies will have the quality to match. $20 is definitely worth it ($40 would have been a bit steep). Once I move to NetFlix I just might buy Criterion Blu Rays only (well, and other movies that I may want that NetFlix doesn't carry).

Picked up I am Legend as well, and also The Usual Suspects.