The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Damn, nice grab! Target had pretty much the same release, but I wasn't into steels at the time, so I didn't peruse it. I'm debating on trying to get the E.T. steel, even though I've never been a big fan of the film.

Now that I think about it, the list for October is quite long all together:

Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D

I, Robot 3D (I would really like to get this edition - http://images4.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/50243_front.jpg - should have pre-ordered it for $100 when I could have!)

Prometheus 3D

Cinderella

Dark Shadows

Universal Classic Monsters

Nightmare on Elm Street Collection

E.T. Steelbook

blu-rays are an expensive hobby

I preordered the E.T. steel.

maapsp.jpg

That F S Labour Day sale they were offering an additional percentage discount on preorders, so I went for it, it brought it down closer to 20.

I was also able to bring the Indy set down to $62 and Cabin In The Woods closer to $20.

The right price for the Indy set, ideally would be $40 for me, but I might be able to swing $50 at some point.

As for Cabin In The Woods, I've got a $15 gift card from work, so I'll be getting that for around $5 most likely. And I'll be getting Snow White and the Huntsman steel for free since I've got another $20 gift card. :D

Spiderman I can wait for a drastic price drop.

I want that Cinderalla you posted though!

And that Watchmen set looks pretty cool.

I haven't looked into the Nightmare On Elm Street releases at all, I gotta check it out.

I'd keep my dvd set though, the packaging was awesome.

You didn't like Spidey? :(

And yeah, the packaging for the DVD release of NoES was pretty cool, but unfortunately they don't seem to invest that much into cool packaging for blu-rays as much as they did for DVDs :( I'll still get the new release ass soon as I can though.

Maybe I'll like it more on follow up viewings.

I did finally add Captain America and Thor to my superhero blu collection.

I have a Captain America steelbook, and sold my 3D version of Thor to help pay for half of the steelbook someone was selling me, but I was like a day or two late to getting back to the guy, so he sold it to someone else. It upset me quite a bit, especially since it was a decent deal because it's quite expensive whenever you find it. :rolleyes:

That being said, Captain America was my least favorite of the Avengers singles movies. But, whenever I buy the Avengers, I'll watch it again for a third time. :D

Damn, nice grab! Target had pretty much the same release, but I wasn't into steels at the time, so I didn't peruse it. I'm debating on trying to get the E.T. steel, even though I've never been a big fan of the film.

I, Robot 3D (I would really like to get this edition - http://images4.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/50243_front.jpg - should have pre-ordered it for $100 when I could have!)

Prometheus 3D

Cinderella

Dark Shadows

E.T. Steelbook

Where did you find the Nightmare on Elm Street set? Because the only set I have been able to find is the one from Amazon UK and that's actually in stock.

Edited by pi2loc

I've got this pre-ordered also:

91iuEM4bzcL._AA1500_.jpg

Loved the movie and can't wait to watch it again! I've got this one and the Amazon UK steel pre-ordered, and I'll decide which I want closer to release. I feel like I'll lean towards the figurines more than the steel this time. :D

Looks sweet! I will get the blu ray!

Prometheus 3D

Cinderella

Dark Shadows

E.T. Steelbook

Where did you find the Nightmare on Elm Street set? Because the only set I have been able to find is the one from Amazon UK and that's actually in stock.

It should be on Amazon and stuff now.

I just checked me discount on the set and $45 after tax for the whole set is a damn good deal! :D

There's a Criterion blu-ray sale on at Barnes and Noble.

Buy two get one free.

Yeah but they're nearly full price :tongue2:

I bought three during an overlap once where they were half off, and buy two get one free. I got Bottle Rocket, Being John Malkovich, and The Darjeeling Limited. I didn't have the money at the time or I would have gotten more.

Buy two get one free.

Still, at the price of two, with shipping, they still worked out cheaper than what I can get them for around here.

And they allowed it to be applied to a couple of preorders as well.

I got Quadrophenia, The Game, Eating Raoul, Royal Tennenbaums, Crumb, Pale Flower.

I'm quite happy.

Too bad Rosmary's Baby and Rashomon weren't included, I would have bundled them with Harold and Maude.

..next time :)

Buy two get one free.

Still, at the price of two, with shipping, they still worked out cheaper than what I can get them for around here.

I got Quadrophenia, The Game, Eating Raoul, Royal Tennenbaums, Crumb, Pale Flower.

I'm quite happy.

Too bad Rosmary's Baby and Rashomon weren't included, I would have bundled them with Harold and Maude.

I recently got the criterion island of lost souls blu off ebay for 17 bucks, I was pretty stoked about that.

Buy two get one free.

I'm quite happy.

I recently got the criterion island of lost souls blu off ebay for 17 bucks, I was pretty stoked about that.

Nice!

I got that one from Amazon during a sale for $23.

Excellent movie and a great job Criterion did with it.

I've heard mixed things, but figured I'd take my chances since it was a steel.

I figure that if I don't like it, I can probably sell it for more than what I paid, so I'm not too worried about it.

I'm debating buying the 3D version of Titanic, but I'm not sure if it's worth the $25 for how many times I'll probably watch it. But dammit is it tempting.

Also, for anyone who doesn't have it and might be interested, you should be able to get the Batman Anthology for around $40 shipped. If anyone is interested I'll post more details.

Also, Stiff, did you pre-order the Watchmen Collector's Set?