The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

I've heard mixed things, but figured I'd take my chances since it was a steel.

I figure that if I don't like it, I can probably sell it for more than what I paid, so I'm not too worried about it.

I'm debating buying the 3D version of Titanic, but I'm not sure if it's worth the $25 for how many times I'll probably watch it. But dammit is it tempting.

Also, for anyone who doesn't have it and might be interested, you should be able to get the Batman Anthology for around $40 shipped. If anyone is interested I'll post more details.

Also, Stiff, did you pre-order the Watchmen Collector's Set?

Yep, sold my original copy I finally tracked down a couple months ago and pre-ordered the new set.

The next couple weeks contain a lot of good releases. Indy complete series and Cabin in the Woods next week and Avengers and American Horror story season 1 the week after.

Did you pre-order it from WBshop for $35 shipped?

And yeah, I've got the HMV steel for Cabin in the Woods pre-ordered, but I'll be getting the US release also. And I want Indy, but I'll hold off on a better price. Still not sure where I'm getting Avengers from though - either Best Buy because I have the pre-order there, or Target for the extras. We'll see.

As I was saying to Zint, I'm hoping The Game is on sale for $20 on release week, as I'll blind buy that (only Fincher film I haven't seen) if it is, and other than that, Cinderalla (don't judge me!) should be my last purchase for September. October will be an expensive month also.

Need inputs though on whether or not I should order this for $100. I really like the movie, and the 3D is supposed to be great:

50243_front.jpg

Also thinking about just ordered the E.T. steel from Target for $25, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the movie. But, I haven't seen it in however long, so maybe I'll appreciate it more now that I'm a bit older.

Did you pre-order it from WBshop for $35 shipped?

And yeah, I've got the HMV steel for Cabin in the Woods pre-ordered, but I'll be getting the US release also. And I want Indy, but I'll hold off on a better price. Still not sure where I'm getting Avengers from though - either Best Buy because I have the pre-order there, or Target for the extras. We'll see.

As I was saying to Zint, I'm hoping The Game is on sale for $20 on release week, as I'll blind buy that (only Fincher film I haven't seen) if it is, and other than that, Cinderalla (don't judge me!) should be my last purchase for September. October will be an expensive month also.

yep got it for 35, i'm rock_soldier on the blu-ray forum. I see you on there every now and then.

I'll probably buy cabin at Wal-Mart because I have a 13 dollar gift card and Avengers I'm thinking at Target for the bonus disc. I got the pre-order case from best buy but I used a 5 dollar Rewards Zone certificate, so it only cost me 2.50, so I'm not concerned about the pre-order there.

I've gotta buy Indy right away. I've been waiting for it a while, when they announced it was coming out quite some time ago, I traded in my dads, so I need to fill the void in my collection back in.

Haha nice, didn't know you were on there.

And yeah, I would probably do the same if I had a giftcard from somewhere. I'm going to wait to see the prices for The Avengers from different stores before I fully decide.

And I know how you feel. I'm more excited for the Nightmare on Elm Street set though, especially after seeing how cheap I can get it for with my discount. I can't wait to have a copy of the first one that's actually in sync the whole way through, and I can't wait to rewatch New Nightmare on blu-ray.

Any thoughts on any other movies on Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter and Prometheus? They would be blind buys unless I downloaded them and watched them first.

And yeah, I would probably do the same if I had a giftcard from somewhere. I'm going to wait to see the prices for The Avengers from different stores before I fully decide.

And I know how you feel. I'm more excited for the Nightmare on Elm Street set though, especially after seeing how cheap I can get it for with my discount. I can't wait to have a copy of the first one that's actually in sync the whole way through, and I can't wait to rewatch New Nightmare on blu-ray.

Any thoughts on any other movies on Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter and Prometheus? They would be blind buys unless I downloaded them and watched them first.

Yes, I am very excited for Elm Street(though I'm disappointed they used the same shitty artwork from the foreign releases). Those are some of my all time favorite movies. I'm a big freddy fan and collect a lot of Freddy stuff. I actually recently got a screen accurate sweater from the first movie and have another glove on the way right now that I am gonna modify a little once it arrives. I'm keeping my dvd set for those too though, just because it's such a great box set. I just watched new nightmare last night. I've watched the entire series aside from number 2 within the last week or so because my little brother wanted to see them.

As for prometheus, it was good, but not as good as I expected/hoped for and I haven't seen abe lincoln, though I heard it was pretty fun.

Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter - Save your money

Prometheus - Definitely

I liked Thor. So I'll probably buy it. I appreciate you trying to talk me out of it, though.

Also classicrawker, some of the best movies to show of picture quality would be Avatar, Sin City, Toy Story (any of them, but 3 looks the best), and really most animated movies, especially Disney ones. As much as I don't really like the movie, Avatar is usually my choice to show off picture quality though. But I like showing off my speakers more.

So I ordered my Panasonic 65" plasma TV yesterday and it will be delivered Monday...now I need some blurays to road test it...any suggestions on the best transfers to show off HD?

Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Bourne trilogy, The Expendables (7.1 sound mix), The Dark Knight, Iron Man. Could list more but these seem essential.

Edited by AxlisOld

So I ordered my Panasonic 65" plasma TV yesterday and it will be delivered Monday...now I need some blurays to road test it...any suggestions on the best transfers to show off HD?

Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Bourne trilogy, The Expendables (7.1 sound mix), The Dark Knight. Could list more but these seem essential.

Yeah, Fight Club looks great.

Had he asked for speaker demo movies, I could go on and on. Demoing my speakers is where I really get my hard-on. :awesomeface:

Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Bourne trilogy, The Expendables (7.1 sound mix), The Dark Knight. Could list more but these seem essential.

Had he asked for speaker demo movies, I could go on and on. Demoing my speakers is where I really get my hard-on. :awesomeface:

Tell me about it, I almost knocked my drywall off the studs on the Expendables. I don't think I dropped as much on my Polks as you have on your system though.

Tell me about it, I almost knocked my drywall off the studs on the Expendables. I don't think I dropped as much on my Polks as you have on your system though.

Haha probably not. I downloaded a 16gb file for Avengers with 5.1 audio and the opening scene where Loki shows up through the Tesseract Portal had the whole house shaking. I was afraid I was going to have to hang everything back up.

Got a scene or two off the top of your head from The Expendables that is worth demoing?