The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

I liked Thor. So I'll probably buy it. I appreciate you trying to talk me out of it, though.

Also classicrawker, some of the best movies to show of picture quality would be Avatar, Sin City, Toy Story (any of them, but 3 looks the best), and really most animated movies, especially Disney ones. As much as I don't really like the movie, Avatar is usually my choice to show off picture quality though. But I like showing off my speakers more.

have Avatar on order..some suggestion on discs with cool audio content would be appreciated...the first 15-20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan is amazing but what else is recommended?

One of my favorite scenes to demo is in Underworld Awakening with the first scene with the huge lycan. If you've seen the movie, you know what scene I'm talking about.

Also, the scene in Thor with the Ice Giants fight will also knock stuff off the wall.

will have to get that them from Netflix to demo.....

So I ordered my Panasonic 65" plasma TV yesterday and it will be delivered Monday...now I need some blurays to road test it...any suggestions on the best transfers to show off HD?

Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Bourne trilogy, The Expendables (7.1 sound mix), The Dark Knight, Iron Man. Could list more but these seem essential.

Add Inception!

Also I applaud you for going with a plasma. People with LEDs can list all the reasons they want on why their tv is better, thinner, brighter, lighter, but picture quality wont be one of them. Plasma fo' life sucka.

Sure, and what would you do without a killer sound system? I tend to prefer a please-turn-that-off sound than quality image. My opinion.

I liked Thor. So I'll probably buy it. I appreciate you trying to talk me out of it, though.

You need to "love" Thor to spend $130 in that set.

Also I applaud you for going with a plasma. People with LEDs can list all the reasons they want on why their tv is better, thinner, brighter, lighter, but picture quality wont be one of them. Plasma fo' life sucka.

Sure, and what would you do without a killer sound system? I tend to prefer a please-turn-that-off sound than quality image. My opinion.

I I dropped some cash on the sound for Polk Audio, I just think that picture quality is more important when I'm watching my sports rather than a Blu. Not sure why you brought it up to be honest.

I agree 100% mate...people get dazzled by the retina burning brightness and oversaturated colors of LED TV's but the Panasonic TC-P65VT50 plasma I just bought blew away all the LED TV's I compared it to. None come close umless you want to drop $6K on an Sharp Elite model LED TV...which is an amazing LED TV

I did a lot of research and viewing of flat panels and you can't beat a Plasma for accuracy of colors, black level and shading and lack of motion smearing IMHO...can't wait to fire up my first bluray Monday....

38766_large.jpg

Pre-ordered the 3D combo pack for $17.99 shipped. So stoked!! :headbang:

I paid $19.99 but whatever, still a fuckin' great price! :takethat:

From DeepDiscount? I used a 10% off code. You can try the same code if you'd like to put in another order. Just let me know. :thumbsup:

But yeah, a damn good price regardless. I did the same thing with Brave 3D a couple months ago.

Also, haven't seen the film, but heard great things about it and will definitely be pre-ordering this soon:

34537302_500x500_2.jpg

38766_large.jpg

Pre-ordered the 3D combo pack for $17.99 shipped. So stoked!! :headbang:

I paid $19.99 but whatever, still a fuckin' great price! :takethat:

From DeepDiscount? I used a 10% off code. You can try the same code if you'd like to put in another order. Just let me know. :thumbsup:

But yeah, a damn good price regardless. I did the same thing with Brave 3D a couple months ago.

Exactly, I tried the 10% off code but didn't work at first so I said fuck it and paid $19.99. Will be using my coupon in some other stuff. This hobby is insane, I tell you that. :nervous:

34537302_500x500_2.jpg

is this an american steel book release or foreign?

Looks like the one from UK.

Edited by pi2loc

3480fvk.jpg

I just preordered this, it's the 1990 Tom Savini directed remake.

It's a limited edition of 3,000 copies only.

It's the same company that issued the Fright Night blu-ray I posted on the first page.

I've ordered several from this company and they always do an excellent blu-ray transfer.

This one ships Oct. 9 so it will be here in time for Halloween. :devilshades:

Apparently there is going to be a Best Buy exclusive version for The Avengers that'll include:

1) A $30 sideshow collectable gift card

2) Marvels Avengers "guide"

3) Lighted lithograph case and card

4) A Marvel Avengers music download

Looking forward to it :)

Hmmm, may have to wait and see this before I make my decision where to buy it now. A lighted lithograph case sounds pretty cool. Haha at the sideshow giftcard though...I actually put these together at my work. I think the ones in this set might be the individual character ones whereas the pre-order case was just the A-logo.