The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

10493_large.jpg

Added this one to my Criterion blu collection recently.

Watched it tonight.

Really good.

Can't go wrong with having Joe Strummer and Screaming Jay Hawkins in your movie.

I want to add director Jim Jarmusch's movie prior to this one, Down By Law.

Tom Waits is in that one.

Criterion has a blu release of it.

Apparently there is going to be a Best Buy exclusive version for The Avengers that'll include:

1) A $30 sideshow collectable gift card

2) Marvels Avengers "guide"

3) Lighted lithograph case and card

4) A Marvel Avengers music download

Looking forward to it :)

Cool. :thumbsup:

Do you know what happened with this box set?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Phase-One-Avengers-Assembled-Blu-ray/46675/

ITEM UPDATE: The "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection" will not be released by Marvel as we originally expected. We know this delay is disappointing, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and we expect it will be available in the spring of 2013. Additional information will be available on our website and via email when available.

Now that I have my blu ray player up and running again, I feel it is pass time I start expanding my already small collection. I think I will start with GoodFellas. I want to get the Indiana Jones Trilogy as well as Game of Thrones Season One. This expanding of collection will take some time. For now I will start with GoodFellas.

Apparently there is going to be a Best Buy exclusive version for The Avengers that'll include:

1) A $30 sideshow collectable gift card

2) Marvels Avengers "guide"

3) Lighted lithograph case and card

4) A Marvel Avengers music download

Looking forward to it :)

Cool. :thumbsup:

Do you know what happened with this box set?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Phase-One-Avengers-Assembled-Blu-ray/46675/

ITEM UPDATE: The "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection" will not be released by Marvel as we originally expected. We know this delay is disappointing, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and we expect it will be available in the spring of 2013. Additional information will be available on our website and via email when available.

yeah they got sued by the company who makes the briefcase used in the movie because while they got the right permissions to use the case in the movie, they never had rights to make knock-offs/replicas of it. The company felt as though it was diminishing their brand having a cheaply made plastic case that looks just like the ones they manufacture. It was going to be pretty much the same size and everything.

Haters gonna hate

Also, blu ray fans only plz

Are any of us really fans of blu-rays? No, we are fans of movies and because we are fans of movies, we enjoy seeing them in the best quality we can. I don't own one blu-ray of a movie I don't like and even when I blind buy a movie it's because it seems like something I'll like a lot or I've been wanting to see it and trying to find a place to rent it or a person to borrow it from is just much more of a hassle than dishing out the 15 bucks.