The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Nice! Mine did too! :D

Anyone see Paranorman? Thinking about blind-buying the 3D version today.

I loved it, it's pretty much about the salem witch trials in an animated universe. It's awesome.

Yeah, I watched it in 3D last night and enjoyed it. Don't know if it was worth the near $30 I paid for that version, but I did enjoy it enough to keep it. Just hope that the price drops so I can get an adjustment :)

Grabbed Scrooged, Jingle All The Way, and Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 3D (for $4.97!!!). Nice little haul :)

A disc version is still going to give you the best quality for the movie. That's one of the parts of the motivation.

I mean sure, if quality isn't the number one thing for you, don't buy blu-rays. But, as I've said before, when you invest thousands of dollars into your home theater setup, you want the best quality available, and a file on your computer isn't going to give that to you.

People still buy Blu-Rays? I wonder what's the motivation?

I'm just happy that we don't need optical discs anymore, the slow and unneeded format. Everything can be on hard drive. All the DVDs are on my hard drive now, I gave the discs away or threw them into trash. Disc images are so much faster to use and they don't take physical space in my room.

I don't know why BS took the time to explain that to you but in my case what you said is just... :sleeper:

I'm just happy that we don't need optical discs anymore, the slow and unneeded format. Everything can be on hard drive. All the DVDs are on my hard drive now, I gave the discs away or threw them into trash. Disc images are so much faster to use and they don't take physical space in my room.

Computer files, NOW WITH AUTHENTIC STEREO MP3 SOUND!

DVD's have a max file size of 8.5gb of data while Blurays can hold as much as 50gb of data so even a 1.5 terabyte drive will only hold 30- 50gb blurays.....also if you HD crashes you are fucked

Obviously everybody has their own preferences, and each to their own, but I usually just rip my blu-rays into 12-20 gb files and whack them onto a hard drive.

Any bigger a file IMO at that point is negligible in increased quality, although I'd imagine some people can still tell, especially on a very large screen.

Even if there isn't as much quality loss in video, there is noticeable quality loss in audio.

I put in The Town dvd after watching all my Blus, I didn't think gunfire could sound so...flat and lifeless.

I remember when I used to tell you the same thing, and you argued. You've come a long way. :heart:

I just couldn't fathom Dolby Digital being so shitty. Fuck yourself you smug prick.