The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Why the hell would you want to compress a blu-ray? sort of defeats the purpose yes?

I have 4 HDTV's in my house, so it's easier to buy an external and put films on than lugging the blu-ray player between tv's or buying multiple blu-ray players.

I am not questioning you using a hard drive if that works for you but compressing the movies defeats the purpose of having blu-rays. Even with a mild compressoin you are going to lose picture detail but then again I never understood someone who rips their music to MP3 and loses audio quality to listen to on a home stereo........but if it works for you then that is all that matters........... :shrugs:

I hate it when Amazon UK sends my items to the US using Deutsche Post instead of Royal Mail. It's been 20 days since my order shipped and I haven't received it yet. :(

Off topic...but where exactly do you live? I always thought it was Spain or something :lol:

I'll explain :lol:. I'm Spanish, I live in Peru but I tend to receive my items in a warehouse I own in Florida since I own an import-export company here. It's easier to get items through the USA and then ship these to Peru using my personal freight forwarding service because here in Peru, custom fees are really high and they usually collect these fees for everything, also mail service is veeeeery slow. It's also easier for me to return items if they arrive damaged or incomplete.

I hate it when Amazon UK sends my items to the US using Deutsche Post instead of Royal Mail. It's been 20 days since my order shipped and I haven't received it yet. :(

Off topic...but where exactly do you live? I always thought it was Spain or something :lol:

I'll explain :lol:. I'm Spanish, I live in Peru but I tend to receive my items in a warehouse I own in Florida since I own an import-export company here. It's easier to get items through the USA and then ship these to Peru using my personal freight forwarding service because here in Peru, custom fees are really high and they usually collect these fees for everything, also mail service is veeeeery slow. It's also easier for me to return items if they arrive damaged or incomplete.

Ah, makes a lot more sense now :tongue2:

The blu ray, a digital copy, and a bunch of bonus discs. And the awesome head of course lol

Usually $110 before shipping, so I couldn't pass it up for $50 shipped.

I got this last year on black friday for a similar deal and yeah some of the bonus discs are actually just different dvd releases of the film..so you are getting every version that is out there, which is great.

The blu-ray, which is the skynet edition is my favorite version. There are some great added scenes that should have never been cut.

Amazon.ca exclusive comes with a Bane figure.

v8ndoj.jpg

Walmart flyer has this packaging listed, but their exclusive is a Batman figure instead of Bane.

I would want Bane instead. When I wake up, I'm off to finally buy the blu ray!!!!! Probably going to get the steel book that Best buy has with extra footage.