Does anyone else like the current band members better than Axl?

Georgy Zhukov

"Oh Broski stated in the past on other forum AFD is boring

so... "

lol joke? link?

"Is it the 80s or 90s? No. Last time I checked it was 2012."

dude are you real? bumblefoot. say that name out loud and try not to laugh and AXL ROSE. you prefer a guy called bumblefoot to axl fucking rose? :rolleyes:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every aspect technically. Bumblefoot is a better singer than Axl on a technical level. He has a much bigger range, better control of his voice, wider range of styles, etc. I'm not saying people should prefer Bumblefoot to Axl. That is up to preference. Axl is a legend. But, on a technical level Bumblefoot is a better singer.

Bigger range? are you fucking kidding me? Axl got a few weak performance, but overall he have got very good technical skills despite his age etc...

But, on a technical level Bumblefoot is a better singer.

NEVER

Bumblefoot is a guitarist mainly, not a singer.

I know you like Bumblefoot so much, but this is a pretty crazy opinion :crazy:

dude are you real? bumblefoot. say that name out loud and try not to laugh and AXL ROSE. you prefer a guy called bumblefoot to axl fucking rose? :rolleyes:

Names don't have much to do with this in this situation. I could name plenty of people who are more talented than Axl Rose as a singer today.

"Oh Broski stated in the past on other forum AFD is boring

so... "

lol joke? link?

"Is it the 80s or 90s? No. Last time I checked it was 2012."

Here you are My Link

"Names don't have much to do with this in this situation. I could name plenty of people who are more talented than Axl Rose as a singer today."

:rolleyes: here today gone to hell called they want their crazy loon back.

I saw Mick Jagger on SNL a few weeks ago. He's almost dead and he still has better vocal range and stage persona than Axl Rose does today. That is one example I have off the topic of my head.

Bono is another example. His voice is still just as good as it was in the 90s and 80s.

"I saw Mick Jagger on SNL a few weeks ago. He's almost dead and he still has better vocal range and stage persona than Axl Rose does today. That is one example I have off the topic of my head.

Bono is another example. His voice is still just as good as it was in the 90s and 80s."

:rolleyes:

i would take axl's voice over their mundane shit any day.

currently reading the afd is boring link. what can i say other than lol? what a fucktard :rofl-lol::rolleyes:

Guest Broskirose

Range: If you count the whistle range, then yes, perhaps (we don't know if Axl can do that). But without the whistle range I am not so sure. Another thing is whether you can sing dynamically from the low register up to the very high register. I believe Axl displayes a four octave range in There Was A Time. Do you have any examples of Bumbles doing the same (and no, I am not interested in freakish whistle range which is often a disconnected range that can only be reached by jumping over a shitload of octaves).

If you count the whistle register? Why would you not count it? Yes, of course we are counting it. Axl can't reach it. If he could we would have known by now after over 25 years of hearing him sing. Even if not counting the whistle register, Ron can hit any high or low note Axl has.

For example, Axl's lowest note (If I'm remembering right) is in the SCOM backing vocals..."Where do we go". Listen to any live performance of SCOM. Ron handles those backing vox and if you notice, he's the only one of the band who actually hits those low notes. As for the highest note, I'll come up with specific examples later. I know for a fact he can hit the high "TWAT" note. For example he can do the high note on Bohemian Rhapsody. Not sure if there is a vid of that. Even if we aren't counting the whistle register, Ron beats Axl or atleast equals him in that department.

Control of voice: Again I am sceptical. How do you even measure such things without it becoming a subjective opinion.

This isn't debatable as far as I'm concerned. Axl is frequently pitchy....often loses his control. Ron has amazing control of his voice, can switch vocals styles on a dime and on top of that, he has absolute perfect pitch which pretty much makes him winner of that catagory right away.

Wider range of styles: I am not familiar with all of Bumbles work, but I know Axl has a tremendous range of styles. How do you even measure such a thing?

You listen. I could post 1000 examples.

Since there is a 2 youtube video limit I'll just post 2 in this post but, I could go on forever.

Compare this cover of Crazy Train in lounge style...

to the chorus on TJonez

Again, I want to stress the word "technically" when I say Bumblefoot is technically a better singer than Axl. It's all up to preference at the end of the day, and I love them both. But Bumblefoot is a perfectly engineered musician/singer literally. He has music notes in his DNA. Axl is iconic, his voice is legendary and his stage presence is amazing. I'm just saying, on a technical level Bumblefoot has him beat.

Guest Broskirose
Every aspect technically. Bumblefoot is a better singer than Axl on a technical level. He has a much bigger range, better control of his voice, wider range of styles, etc. I'm not saying people should prefer Bumblefoot to Axl. That is up to preference. Axl is a legend. But, on a technical level Bumblefoot is a better singer.

Bigger range? are you fucking kidding me? Axl got a few weak performance, but overall he have got very good technical skills despite his age etc...

No, I'm not kidding you. Clearly you don't know much about Bumblefoot. He can sing in an entire register that Axl isn't even capable of reaching. He has a bigger range and that is a fact.

But, on a technical level Bumblefoot is a better singer.

NEVER

Bumblefoot is a guitarist mainly, not a singer.

I know you like Bumblefoot so much, but this is a pretty crazy opinion :crazy:

Dude, the only crazy one here is you. You're obsessesd with me and my posts. You constantly talk about here and on GNFNR and posted about me a shitload while I was away from that forum. Yeah, I like Bumblefoot, problem? I'm not saying he is a better singer because I like him. I'm saying it because it's technically true.

Dude, the only crazy one here is you. You're obsessesd with me and my posts. You constantly talk about here and on GNFNR and posted about me a shitload while I was away from that forum. Yeah, I like Bumblefoot, problem? I'm not saying he is a better singer because I like him. I'm saying it because it's technically true.

Like on the gnfnr thread somebody write: No one give a flying fuck about technicals. Plenty of singers are technically better than Axl, but Bumble not in that circle.

Only on these forums happened to an idiot claims Bumble a better singer than Axl., because of the registers etc...

dismissivewank.gif?w=80&h=61

Edited by Crash Diet

Range: If you count the whistle range, then yes, perhaps (we don't know if Axl can do that). But without the whistle range I am not so sure. Another thing is whether you can sing dynamically from the low register up to the very high register. I believe Axl displayes a four octave range in There Was A Time. Do you have any examples of Bumbles doing the same (and no, I am not interested in freakish whistle range which is often a disconnected range that can only be reached by jumping over a shitload of octaves).

If you count the whistle register? Why would you not count it? Yes, of course we are counting it. Axl can't reach it. If he could we would have known by now after over 25 years of hearing him sing. Even if not counting the whistle register, Ron can hit any high or low note Axl has.

For example, Axl's lowest note (If I'm remembering right) is in the SCOM backing vocals..."Where do we go". Listen to any live performance of SCOM. Ron handles those backing vox and if you notice, he's the only one of the band who actually hits those low notes. As for the highest note, I'll come up with specific examples later. I know for a fact he can hit the high "TWAT" note. For example he can do the high note on Bohemian Rhapsody. Not sure if there is a vid of that. Even if we aren't counting the whistle register, Ron beats Axl or atleast equals him in that department.

Control of voice: Again I am sceptical. How do you even measure such things without it becoming a subjective opinion.

This isn't debatable as far as I'm concerned. Axl is frequently pitchy....often loses his control. Ron has amazing control of his voice, can switch vocals styles on a dime and on top of that, he has absolute perfect pitch which pretty much makes him winner of that catagory right away.

Wider range of styles: I am not familiar with all of Bumbles work, but I know Axl has a tremendous range of styles. How do you even measure such a thing?

You listen. I could post 1000 examples.

Since there is a 2 youtube video limit I'll just post 2 in this post but, I could go on forever.

Compare this cover of Crazy Train in lounge style...

to the chorus on TJonez

Again, I want to stress the word "technically" when I say Bumblefoot is technically a better singer than Axl. It's all up to preference at the end of the day, and I love them both. But Bumblefoot is a perfectly engineered musician/singer literally. He has music notes in his DNA. Axl is iconic, his voice is legendary and his stage presence is amazing. I'm just saying, on a technical level Bumblefoot has him beat.

We wouldn't count the whistle register since it has very little relevance to singing unless you are Mariah Fucking Carey. And the reason why Axl might not use that insanely irritating register may simply be that he has more sense than people who use it. How do you know that Ron can hit every note Axl can hit? What dynamic range does he have? Do you have examples of him hitting F#5 in full voice? How high can he go in falsetto?

As to voice control: Having perfect pitch is irrelevant. The way you dismiss this by saying it isn't debatable to you, really says it all. The only way it is possible to measure such a thing is to have them have to sing the same set of songs under the same conditions, and then directly compare. You can't base your opinions on studio recordings or especially live recordings of different songs under different conditions.

As to more singing styles: You can't argue by just pointing to a few examples. It doesn't really matter if you can post 1000 examples of Bumble pulling off different styles if someone else could post 1001 examples of Axl doing the same. To prove your claim you need to not only document every occasion where each of them have pulled off a distinct style, but count all styles they are actually able to do (recorded or not). And even then it would be difficult to objectively divide the songs into different distinct styles.

Again, saying Bumbles are technically better than Axl is still a matter of opinion, and NOT ON FACT.

Guest Broskirose

Like on the gnfnr thread somebody write: No one give a flying fuck about technicals. Plenty of singers are technically better than Axl, but Bumble not in that circle.

Only on these forums happened to an idiot claims Bumble a better singer than Axl., because of the registers etc...

dismissivewank.gif?w=80&h=61

Bumble is in that circle. You obviously don't know anything about his music and you've made that quite clear.

I never said people had to give a fuck about technicals. In fact I've said several times that it doesn't matter (if you'd bother to read my posts). It's all up to preference. However if we are speaking in technical terms, yes Ron is the better singer.

What do you mean "because of the registers"? I think that's a pretty big point when talking about who is technically a more proficient singer. If Ron can sing in the highest register known to the human voice and Axl can not, isn't that a valid point to a discussion on who is technically the better singer? You're not making much sense.

Guest Broskirose

We wouldn't count the whistle register since it has very little relevance to singing unless you are Mariah Fucking Carey. And the reason why Axl might not use that insanely irritating register may simply be that he has more sense than people who use it. How do you know that Ron can hit every note Axl can hit? What dynamic range does he have? Do you have examples of him hitting F#5 in full voice? How high can he go in falsetto?

Umm, just because it isn't used in mainstream singing does not mean we don't count it when talking about the technics of who is the better singer. That is a horrible argument. The whistle register is the highest register of the human voice and almost impossible for adult males to sing in. Rons ability to sing in the whistle register is insanely unique and for you to pass it off as something that doesn't even count in the discussion just because it isn't used much (and did you ever consider that it isn't used much because it is so difficult to do?), is a little ridiculous.

Also, I refuse to believe that Axl can do it when it is so extremely rare for males to be able to do and we've been hearing him sing for over 25 years. To assume he can sing in it is just illogical. He can't and until evidence is posted of him singing in it, I think it's fair to assume he never has, and never will.

I'm not a vocal expert myself so I don't know about all this F#5 shit is but, I can assure you after listening to a lot of Bumblefoot and Axl that he can hit every note Axl can, even if we exclude the whistle register. I will post examples when I wake up tomorrow.

As to voice control: Having perfect pitch is irrelevant. The way you dismiss this by saying it isn't debatable to you, really says it all. The only way it is possible to measure such a thing is to have them have to sing the same set of songs under the same conditions, and then directly compare. You can't base your opinions on studio recordings or especially live recordings of different songs under different conditions.

Having absolute perfect pitch is certainly not irrelevant. Absolute perfect pitch pretty much gives Bumblefoot an extrememe advantage over Axl right away. And it has been well documented that Ron has absolute perfect pitch. I mean come on, all you have to do is listen to Axl live and it's obvious his control of his voice is not anywhere near excellent.

As to more singing styles: You can't argue by just pointing to a few examples. It doesn't really matter if you can post 1000 examples of Bumble pulling off different styles if someone else could post 1001 examples of Axl doing the same. To prove your claim you need to not only document every occasion where each of them have pulled off a distinct style, but count all styles they are actually able to do (recorded or not). And even then it would be difficult to objectively divide the songs into different distinct styles.

I know I can't argue by pointing to a few examples which is why I said there are many more. However, in regards to those two examples I posted, I doubt Axl can sing in a beach lounge style or a rough growl style like the examples I posted. And those are just 2 of many. The point was to show the contrast and range in Ron's singing style. Axl pretty much just sings the same Rock tunes. So yes, I think it's safe to say Ron has a more diverse singing style.

Again, saying Bumbles are technically better than Axl is still a matter of opinion, and NOT ON FACT.

Only because you keep on bringing up hypothetical scenerios. You keep saying it's impossible to prove who is the better singer because to you, for some reason, you need to have them both sing the same exact thing in the same exact circumstances in order to get an accurate result. You're also just giving Axl the benifit of doubt by assuming that just because he doesn't sing in the whistle register he may be able to reach it, or just because Axl doesn't sing in as many styles as Ron doesn't mean he can't....All these loopholes are just safeguards to keep from the end result.

Technicallity is not a matter of opinion. Preference is. You can prefer Axl to Ron but, saying it's not possible to determine who is the better singer on technical terms is silly imo.

Guest Broskirose

i dont read broskirose messages and i am proud

Well you certainly make a lot of posts about them for someone who claims not to read them.

Umm, just because it isn't used in mainstream singing does not mean we don't count it when talking about the technics of who is the better singer. That is a horrible argument. The whistle register is the highest register of the human voice and almost impossible for adult males to sing in. Rons ability to sing in the whistle register is insanely unique and for you to pass it off as something that doesn't even count in the discussion just because it isn't used much (and did you ever consider that it isn't used much because it is so difficult to do?), is a little ridiculous.

It is mostly used in opera by females (who can usually train to do it). Men can rarely do it, and when they do it is a freak thing where they are not able to reach the whistle register dynamically, nor sing within that range with any control, but by jumping over many octaves leading to a situation where it very rarely can be used in music except as a gimmick. If Bumbles can reach the whistle register dynamically, then I would count it is part of his range, if not it is just a outlier register without much applicability to music and I would characterize it as a technical ability. So can he do that? Can he actually SING in his whistle register?

Also, I refuse to believe that Axl can do it when it is so extremely rare for males to be able to do and we've been hearing him sing for over 25 years.

Your inclination to disregard the possibility of Axl being able to do it sort of cements you as a fundamentalist in regards to your belief in Bumbles superiority.

To assume he can sing in it is just illogical. He can't and until evidence is posted of him singing in it, I think it's fair to assume he never has, and never will.

Until he has said he can't make freak noises in that register, it is wrong to disregard the possibility that he can. And until then we don't know that Bumbles has a higher register.

I'm not a vocal expert myself so I don't know about all this F#5 shit is but, I can assure you after listening to a lot of Bumblefoot and Axl that he can hit every note Axl can, even if we exclude the whistle register. I will post examples when I wake up tomorrow.

I am not a vocal expert either but I doubt you have examples of Bumbles reaching F#5 in a dynamic fashion.

Having absolute perfect pitch is certainly not irrelevant. Absolute perfect pitch pretty much gives Bumblefoot an extrememe advantage over Axl right away.

Yes, but it doesn't serve as evidence for him having better control. People without perfect pitch may have better control than those with, because of having better muscle control.

I mean come on, all you have to do is listen to Axl live and it's obvious his control of his voice is not anywhere near excellent.

Again, this could be caused by the particular songs he is doing and the conditions (running around). You HAVE to compare the same songs under the same conditions. Even I have better control than Axl sometimes, if you compare me sitting here and singing easy songs to Axl running around singing songs that are very dynamic and transcends 3 octaves.

I know I can't argue by pointing to a few examples which is why I said there are many more. However, in regards to those two examples I posted, I doubt Axl can sing in a beach lounge style or a rough growl style like the examples I posted. And those are just 2 of many. The point was to show the contrast and range in Ron's singing style. Axl pretty much just sings the same Rock tunes. So yes, I think it's safe to say Ron has a more diverse singing style.

It isn't safe to safe until you have actually done some empirical studies. In fact, forming strong opinions based on bad methodology and passing it off as undeniable fact, is the opposite of being safe.

Only because you keep on bringing up hypothetical scenerios.

If you limit yourself to saying that "Bumblefoot appears to be a more technical singer in the footage I have seen", then you are right. But saying that people you have only heard snippets of their ability, are better or worse than each other, based on flawed and subjective methodology, is not good enough. At least it doesn't qualify for you saying it is "undeniable" and passing it oss as fact.

You keep saying it's impossible to prove who is the better singer because to you, for some reason, you need to have them both sing the same exact thing in the same exact circumstances in order to get an accurate result. You're also just giving Axl the benifit of doubt by assuming that just because he doesn't sing in the whistle register he may be able to reach it, or just because Axl doesn't sing in as many styles as Ron doesn't mean he can't....All these loopholes are just safeguards to keep from the end result.

It is essential criteria that needs to be applied if you want to be able to end up in a situation where you can say that it is an undeniable fact.

Technicallity is not a matter of opinion. Preference is. You can prefer Axl to Ron but, saying it's not possible to determine who is the better singer on technical terms is silly imo.

Heh. It IS possible, but not by comparing a limited set of examples where you compare different songs under different conditions. Doing THAT, is silly.